• oh joy…its august 5-8th…so we MIGHT see the map a few weeks early…

• Larry said that he will be there with the game at GenCon- so I’m sure we will “see” the whole game via pics by that time.

• Don’t be so sure… I remember when Europe (original) came out the first sighting was at Gen Con.

• Click the above link posted by the borg. You know i thought of something…people keep saying france will fall…which it will…but what about thier IPCs? If they collect 17 or so IPCs thats enough to put down a small factory in africa right?

• It doesn’t matter. Without your capital you can’t produce units or collect income.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

You know i thought of something…people keep saying france will fall…which it will…but what about thier IPCs? If they collect 17 or so IPCs thats enough to put down a small factory in africa right?

That’s a point I had not thought of (France will start w/ipc’s) goody for Germany  :evil:
    When they lose Paris they hand over their starting $ to Germany. So yea if Germany can somehow get to Africa, they can use the French $ and buy a minor IC there. How will Rommel get to Africa problem solved  :-D

• oh…forgot that stupid rule…you surrender ALL your money after you lose your capital…i refuse to play with that rule…but i might not get a choice in europe 40…

• I’m going to gencon and will be sure to take pics. I’m going to get larry to sign my Anniversary rulebook :D

• @bennyboyg:

I’m going to gencon and will be sure to take pics. I’m going to get larry to sign my Anniversary rulebook :D

I wonder what will be worth more. An unopened AA50 game or a signed AA50 game?

• @Brain:

@bennyboyg:

I’m going to gencon and will be sure to take pics. I’m going to get larry to sign my Anniversary rulebook :D

I wonder what will be worth more. An unopened AA50 game or a signed AA50 game?

Maybe he could sign the shrinkwrap haha. I’d never sell my anniversary edition anyway.

• Yeah I don’t know if I do or don’t want a reprint. Maybe the reprint, if they make a reprint should be different.

• I dont think I can go back To 50th anneversary edition after playing P40…and when the new global game is combined? I doubt i will want to go back to the 50th edition

• So true, AA50 is a great game, but after we get Global 40, it will be like yesterday’s news.  Long and gone.  I already play AA50 with my students at school, cause I know the G40 game is coming soon.

• Yea. At first I was really pissed when I found out that the ultimate A and A game is worth $600 dollars (no kidding, check it out) on Amazon. But I don’t really mind it now. It will just be a collectors edition, which is how it was meant to be, but the real a and a players will all be playing aag40 (unless it sucks, which I’m not counting out either).

• ultimate A and A game is worth $600 dollars (no kidding, check it out) on Amazon.

What are you talking about?

• @Imperious:

ultimate A and A game is worth $600 dollars (no kidding, check it out) on Amazon.

What are you talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Wizards-the-Coast-95775-ANNIVERSARY/dp/B001B4SMYA/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1273618237&sr=8-14

• Supposedly AA50 was the Apex of larrys A&A series. Now it looks like he has done the impossible and outdone himself. Hence the title…the “former Ultimate A&A game”

• @Yoper:

AA50 is still a game that can be played in a tournament setting.

AAG40 will be too large a game to realistically play it in a tournament setting.

Smorey will do his best (as he always does) to accomodate though.

But even AA50 he had to cut out the NOs and trim up the rules so that he could fit in 6 hr rounds.  It really does the game injustice.  NOs really are a major facet of the game.  The game is very dry and linear otherwise-IMO of course.

Global seems impossible to accomodate w/o hacking down the game rules and NOs which is probably what he will do.  It sucks when that happens because your only playing a shell of the real game.  I mean for a game like Global- 8hrs rounds is a joke!

Best to just spend the day playing the game (12hr limit maybe) and tally up your wins at the end of the Con- those with 3 or more wins get a plaque or something.

Craig, how would organize the Global tourny next year??
    How do you run your AA50 tourny at your Con???

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Supposedly AA50 was the Apex of larrys A&A series. Now it looks like he has done the impossible and outdone himself. Hence the title…the “former Ultimate A&A game”

The ultimate game would be available to the masses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m