Our Dream Axis and Allies Games…

• @MrBlack103:

-every concievable power ever
    -slightly more realistic combat rules (Bombers hitting fighters on a 4?), especially in regards to surface combat vs. air
    -politics sounds pretty interesting
    -individual victory conditions so that even if one side is winning, the winning player is yet to be determined
    -national advantages + disadvantages so that each power looks and feels “unique”
    -really big tech tree
    -more scenarios
    -no cardboard pieces (maybe even little flags for occupation markers)
    -more territories
    -active battlefields
    -some sort of AI for neutrals
    -more in-depth American neutrality
    -totally unique moulds for each power (unless some historical reason). NEED UNIQUE ANZAC INF!
    -actual kamikaze attacks with your aircraft

To sum that up, more stuff in general.

I’ve addressed some of the above things in my rules set.

• Fighters are excellent at anti-air, but not good for much else. A dogfight takes place at the beginning of each combat round, making the air superiority fighters provide critical.
    • Dive bombers are specialized for attacks against surface targets (land and naval). They also give you some anti-air; and a faint hint of strategic bombing.
    • Strategic bombers have little value in tactical combat, but have the ability to do permanent economic damage on strategic bombing raids. Fortunately, you can defend against them with fighters and (if necessary) other air units. There is never any nerfing of airplanes’ anti-air rolls; so a player must earn some degree of air superiority–or at least parity–for his strategic bombing missions to succeed.
    • Most units have multiple hitpoints. Injured units are killed before non-injured units become injured; preventing the multiple hitpoints concept from becoming overpowered. This means that a heavily armored tank will be harder to kill than a light tank; and that a jet will be harder to shoot down than a piston-driven aircraft.
    • Luck no longer plays any role in technological research. The role of luck has been reduced for combat.
    • Nations have their own unique lists of advantages and, in some cases, disadvantages. Each nation has its own tech tree. These are different enough to give each nation its own feel.
    • To collect income from most remote territories (almost all islands, Africa, South America, etc.) you must have a transport in the convoy zone adjacent to the territory in question. This makes convoy raiding a more viable strategy than ever. A player can physically sink enemy transports, or, barring that, can at least drive them away from wherever they would need to be for the enemy to collect income.
    • While there is no neutral U.S. rule in the main rules set, I’ve created one for the rules variants. The “neutral” U.S. collects income normally but experiences double its normal unit costs. To compensate for that, it is allowed to send double the normal allotment of lend-lease aid, and can also physically ship non-infantry units to its allies’ territory. Those units become the property of the Allies that receive them. The Axis player is allowed to either attack the U.S. at any time, or to allow America to remain “neutral” for the rest of the war. Attacking can cause a devastating short-term effect on U.S. naval fleets and transport capacity, and also eliminates the special lend-lease advantages the U.S. had been receiving. However, an attack also means that the U.S. is now allowed to attack the Axis, and that its unit costs are now normal. Effectively, an attack on the U.S. causes significant short-term harm to the Allied war effort, but a long-term gain.

• :-o

The utter and complete perfection of those rules astounds me.

• I like most of those ideas.

• I think they are a bit too much. Kinda takes the fun out of it?

• @MrBlack103:

:-o

The utter and complete perfection of those rules astounds me.

Thanks! :) I’ve been working on these rules, off and on, for two to three years now, and they’ve come a long way from my initial ideas!

• I have to admit that I will just stay with the basic rules, my games hinge more on fun than perfecting realism. Now if they include those as a standard rule I might like it, I might not too.

• My dream game is at the scale of the new global game except be 1939. All Germany would own is Germany, Austria and Ckeukleslovakia. Every Power would have it’s own pieces and rules. Eg. Belgium would have for dark brown infantry, is neutral, and joins the Allies if France and Britain join the war. Belgium can’t build more units and moves and attacks if at war with France.

• I would like to see a deluxe version of AA42 that has all the goodies in it like Revised.  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m