• My friends and I have pretty much exhausted this game. We’ve all played as every country. We’ve all won and lost with every country. Are there any variations of play that will breed new life into this game? I know people make house rules but I didn’t know if there was any consensus as to what is the best way. Just looking for suggestions. We’re thinking about trying new alliances next time we play and see how that works out.

• You can try adding tech and/or National Advantages. You can either simply use the tech rules for the Anniversary edition or check the House Rules section for a few suggestions.

• Germany + US worked “fairly” good in Revised/Classic, so it is possible it will “kinda” work also in AA42. I haven’t tried it though.

• @kbudm:

My friends and I have pretty much exhausted this game. We’ve all played as every country. We’ve all won and lost with every country. Are there any variations of play that will breed new life into this game? I know people make house rules but I didn’t know if there was any consensus as to what is the best way. Just looking for suggestions. We’re thinking about trying new alliances next time we play and see how that works out.

How about altering the turn order of the countries? Maybe Germany or UK goes first instead of Russia. Put one marker from each country in a hat and randomly draw the order of play.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m