• The poll didn’t have an option for “Me”  ;-)

• @purplebaron:

The poll didn’t have an option for “Me”  ;-)

Seconded.  :lol:

• to be honest, i haven’t tried a pure tactical victory for japan, so take manilla, sydney, kwantung and manilla at once with 1 big attack

but in long term warfare, allies win, even with india fallen
    the convoys kill japan…

• Reasults are in

42% of people think its best for Japan
    45% of people think its balenced
    31% of people think its good for the allies

• @democratic:

Reasults are in

Was it possible to give more than 1 answer? Because the sum of them exceeds 100%…

• '10

I always put more than 100% into Axis&Allies when I play.@Hobbes:

@democratic:

Reasults are in

Was it possible to give more than 1 answer? Because the sum of them exceeds 100%…

• TripleA

@Hobbes:

@democratic:

Reasults are in

democratic leader’s math is on par with his spelling.

the results are
    53.6% of respondents have played the game
    32.1% of respondents were wishful thinkers
    14.3% of respondents have mis-clicked or played by the wrong rules

• This game is balanced, it simply requires balanced player skills and knowledge of strategy beyond the first turn.

• Sorry, wrong use of the computer calucator.

Using my theroy of points which is

If you say Japan wins easily its 3 points to Japan.
    If you say Japan most of the time its 2 points to Japan, 1 to balenced.
    If you say balenced then its 3 points to balenced

Vice versa for allies.

Its much better to play as Japan-42%
    Its pretty balenced-45%
    Its better to play as the allies-13%

• TripleA

@democratic:

Sorry, wrong use of the computer calucator.

Using my theroy of points which is

If you say Japan wins easily its 3 points to Japan.
    If you say Japan most of the time its 2 points to Japan, 1 to balenced.
    If you say balenced then its 3 points to balenced

Vice versa for allies.

Its much better to play as Japan-42%
    Its pretty balenced-45%
    Its better to play as the allies-13%

can you explain this in more detail. i am not sure if i am slow or you are making things up. heres how i see, let me know if it is wrong

people who said japan is favoured 20
    people who said game is balanced 18
    people who said allies are favoured 8

20/56 = 53.6%
    18/56 = 32.1%
     8/56 = 14.3%

how did less than a third of voters turn into the majority?

• our group just can’t bloody win as japan!
    we tried J1, J1without phillipines, J2 after india, J2 after australia, J3 after australia
    it all comes to the point that even with entire mainland and east-indies: the US wins
    cause the ground forces needed to take mainland causes the balance on the sea to tip to the US
    who can then hold it…

• @Frontovik:

our group just can’t bloody win as japan!
    we tried J1, J1without phillipines, J2 after india, J2 after australia, J3 after australia
    it all comes to the point that even with entire mainland and east-indies: the US wins
    cause the ground forces needed to take mainland causes the balance on the sea to tip to the US
    who can then hold it…

Have you tried threatening the coast India -> Malaysia with large-scale landings? Exploiting that flank at least prevents the Brits from pushing into China, and usually leads to the fall of the UK, I’ve found. It’s very, very hard to dig them out of their corner by an overland attack alone.

You can slow the Americans down a lot by cunning use of planes and airbases. The Japan-Carolines line is easy enough to hold, but you need to find a way to cover that gap in the south. Every turn you can delay the Americans is worth its weight in gold.

• @AdmiralNagano:

@Frontovik:

our group just can’t bloody win as japan!
    who can then hold it…

Have you tried threatening the coast India -> Malaysia with large-scale landings? Exploiting that flank at least prevents the Brits from pushing into China, and usually leads to the fall of the UK, I’ve found. It’s very, very hard to dig them out of their corner by an overland attack alone.

You can slow the Americans down a lot by cunning use of planes and airbases. The Japan-Carolines line is easy enough to hold, but you need to find a way to cover that gap in the south. Every turn you can delay the Americans is worth its weight in gold.

thank for the advice!
    it indeeds eliminate the yunnanstack

• Using a J1 DoW with the intent to take out India will indeed work.I pose it to you that this is what the designers had in mind anyway, as its the only way for Japan to truely have a shot at winning. The real game is what happens after India falls. Japan must take one more VC and hold it. The games ive played vs a J1 DoW have come down to an arms race for navies and airforces, usually resulting in a stalemate until someone gets too tired an screws up. India must fall, and this makes it a much more realistic game , as Britian didnt play much of a role in this theater anyway. BTW (subs, infantry and fighters are key to US/ANZAC defenses after Britian falls). All that said, it is important that the British and Chinese kill as many aircraft as possible before they die, Yunnan and Burma must be held onto if you want to delay the J3 fall of India until J4…allowing the other Allies a chance to build up another turn while Japan is out of position.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m