• Did anybody get this game?  I got it and I was very pleasantly surprised.  I feel that is just as good if not better then COD mW2.  I love how virtually the entire spectrum of the game is interactive, you can blow up anything, and even take down mutli-story buildings.

• @RogertheShrubber:

Did anybody get this game?  I got it and I was very pleasantly surprised.  I feel that is just as good if not better then COD mW2.  I love how virtually the entire spectrum of the game is interactive, you can blow up anything, and even take down mutli-story buildings.

I bought it for my son last year, but I never played it.

• I have this game and love it.

I’m not very good really, I do okay with tanks and stationary weapons, but mostly have a blast playing as I’ve got in with some guys who play to win and concentrate on being a team not their K/D ratio.

The destruction aspect is terrific. I love dropping the entire building on the objective. And driving a tank how you can just blow a hole in the wall or use your underslung grenade launcher.

Still not so good flying the helis but I can manage not to insta-crash and can get them going more or less where I want to go.

I need to concentrate on medic for a bit so I can get the defibs unlocked though I think I prefer Engineer. I might go lone wolf sniping for a bit on Saturday morning though just to get a better idea where these guys are hiding.

Any PS3 players out there?

• is it on PC?

• Yes it is on PC.  I run mine on my custom comp.  The single player environments are breathtaking and lush.  I like this alot more the CodMW2 because of the multiplayer is more extensive and for me takes more skill to play.  There is literally nowhere to hide  because almost any obstacle or coverpoint can be simply wiped away or destroyed to reveal your position.  This game take a lot more team work and strategy in my opinion.

• Team work is critical. The only deathmatch mode is Squad Deathmatch so the emphasis is pretty strongly on team.

• Does anybody run this game on PC?

• I just downloaded the first one a few weeks ago after I played the demo for 2…seems like I would like 2 better.  The demo was a lot of fun but eventually became a sniper fest.  I liked to shoot out all of the trees and other obstructions as a defender so the attackers had no where to hide.

Loved Battlefield 2…this seems a little more realistic than that one though.

• I own it on PS3, call sign is Gharen.  Its the best Battlefield game yet in the series and trumps MW2 by far.  You can’t beat vehicles, destructible environments, and open maps that encourage squad play instead of mind numbing knee jerk reactions to avoid 10 yard melee lunges.

• Another cool thing with this game is you can change the sound to War Tapes mode, and it is about as close as you are going to get to being on a battlefield from your living room. Awesome Multi-player, I’m on PS3 too.

PSN ID: element27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m