West Coast FTF tournaments?

• I really am not sure where to put this where everyone will see it. I see alot of events are held back east but nothing in southern California. I was just wondering if there is ever anything going on out here or is the weather too nice and the women too beautiful to worry about some stupid board game like AA?

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE FROM THE LOS ANGELES AREA WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A FACE TO FACE TYPE OF EVENT?

• @Flying:

I really am not sure where to put this where everyone will see it. I see alot of events are held back east but nothing in southern California.

A&A tournaments are played here…

http://www.strategicon.net/

Orccon 2010
    Presidents Day Weekend
    Feb 12 - Feb 15, 2010

Gamex 2010
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 28 - May 31, 2010

Gateway 2010
    Labor Day Weekend
    Sep 3 - Sep 6, 2009

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
    6101 West Century Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
    Phone: 800-325-3535

• @squirecam:

@Flying:

I really am not sure where to put this where everyone will see it. I see alot of events are held back east but nothing in southern California.

A&A tournaments are played here…

http://www.strategicon.net/

Orccon 2010
    Presidents Day Weekend
    Feb 12 - Feb 15, 2010

Gamex 2010
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 28 - May 31, 2010

Gateway 2010
    Labor Day Weekend
    Sep 3 - Sep 6, 2009

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
    6101 West Century Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
    Phone: 800-325-3535

Wow, thanks alot. I noticed it only shows AA but not what version. Which one will be played and what is your estimate of how many people will show? I realize you may have no idea but I figured I’d ask.

Also, $40 registration seems steep but is that the norm for all these conventions around the country?

• Flying Tiger,

I live in southern California and would be interested in a face-to-face game. I know a friend or two of mine would be interested as well.

Also, I attend all the events in LA listed by Squirecam. The A&A tournaments usually have 8 to 12 people attend/play. The person who runs the A&A tournament let’s the players pick what version of A&A they want to play. Most people play either A&A Anniversary Edition or A&A Global 1940, Europe 1940 or Pacific 1940. Some players however, still play Revised Edition. The tournament starts at 9AM on Saturday and runs until Sunday night. Saturday consists of two games. Game one starts at 9AM and goes until 4PM. The winners from all the first round games, play against each other in the 2nd round games, which goes from 4PM until there is winners Saturday night. Usually 10PM to 2AM Sunday morning. Although I’ve seen games go until 4AM. Usually by 2AM a winner is called so people can get some rest for the next day. The final game to determine the winners(1st & 2nd place) starts at 9 or 10AM Sunday morning and usually goes until between noon & 4PM. The $40 is definitely worth a weekend of A&A play. I usually come Sat morning and stay until Sun night. I usually try to find players to play the A&A Global 1940 game, since it’s the newest game out. I have a friend of mine who usually attends with me and we’re always looking for new, good players.

If you’re interested in getting together face-to-face or at the next Con, let me know and I’ll PM you my phone number.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m