• @Whitmann:

What I think they missed was a combination of the construction of a Naval Base in Kwa and Japan’s ability to simply and for little cost airsweep the UK’s units off the board if they step forward to Burma.  I think the answer is like almost all of there games previous to this a bid system to allow the game to keep up with evolving tactics.

Yeah, but how can you miss the intial set up attack? On J1, it’s all right there before you, it’s not like a J2 or J3 attack, where you’d have to figure in potential buys, moves and who attacks who first.

J1 is right in front of your face, right there. No speculating, no guessing as to who is buying what, or who is doing what. Blam, it’s right there in front of you.

I hope to hell this whole J1 attack thing is just a temporary fad with a solution that nobody has thought of yet. The retail on this one demands it, $90.00 bucks for a lemon isn’t going to cut it with me. :x

If they missed something, then they better un-miss it and correct it, IMO.

• Check out the Calcutta thread its this same conversation…

• '20 '18 '17 '15

Gwlachmai and I have a game going right in the forum and I am Japan, I’ve made at least one major oversight which he/she capitalized but as I am Japan it still looks good for me at teh moment, as it’s turn 4 and I’ve captured Ind and most of Asia and there is and was NOTHING more he could have done to stop it.  So… no bid means your typicaly losing with the Allies.

I have some questions though, Whitmann, as taking India, and even China is not a game winner.

So you’ve taken India by turn 4.  And?  The Allies don’t have to stop it to still win.

After the necessary number of turns needed to take India & China, America has had more income than Japan on every turn, and the opportunity to buy stuff.  What has America done?

With so much IPCs spent against the UK, I’d imagine you’ve bought practically nothing in terms of navy.

Wouldn’t America have a comparable navy by the time India falls?  Plus they still have a similar sized income.  How do you plan on taking Australia or Hawaii from under such a massive fleet?

Did America squander it all?
    What has Australia done since your focus has been on India?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m