• From what I’ve seen on the boards it seems like most of you guys have an interest in WW2 so I thought I’d mention the miniseries HBO is running called “The Pacific” starting on March 14.  It’s done by the same team that did “Band of Brothers” and, from all the trailers and bits I’ve seen, the series looks like it will follow in the success of “Band of Brothers”.  Check it out  http://www.hbo.com/the-pacific/index.html.  How perfect is the timing - after a few months of the game, we get a realistic look at the actual war.

• Looks great. Thanks for the heads up.

• Got the DVR all set and looking forward to it!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• 14 mars, no?
    i like it, it’s new band of brothers :D

• I stopped watching Spielberg projects after AI.

I did hold my nose and watch BoB after several friends assured me it wasn’t some leftist revisionist effort. I watched the interviews with some of the soldiers involved and when they only panned some of the inaccurate historic aspects I decided to watch it. I was going to do the same here until I read a recent Hanks’ interview where “he wanted to emphasise(sic) the way the Japanese had been treated by American soldiers” and “also wanted to have people say, ‘We didn’t know our troops did that to Japanese people’.” He then implied that same racial hatred of WWII soldiers was present in Iraq and Afghanistan today…

Yup. I’m done with this. Needless to say I decided to read Sledge’s book instead. Rather get the straight story from someone who was there instead of a revisionist retelling as seen through PC colored digital camera lenses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m