• I was wondering how everybody feels about the Industrial complex in India. I happen to think that it is a complete waste. It really takes away too many IPCs from the UK and what they should be concentrating on is owning the high seas!

What do yall think?

• I am with you 100% on this one as UK has better things to do then waste the IPC’s putting an IC there then trying to hold it. Their INF is better served moving toward Africa, and that fighter works nicely in Karelia. When playing UK I like doing the no money spent first round and rolling the dice hoping that the water is clear around me so that UK2 I can plop down a nice fat navy. Just my two cents.

• I could not agree more, I think it is vital and I mean vital for the UK to sit the first round out when it comes to unit purchase. Good Call!!

JoePar22

• J22 & hay,
    Either in this "A&A: or the “Player Help” fora someone suggested a US IC in Singkiang. I looked quickly, but couldn’t find it. You might look. or better yet…

Someone who remember where the US IC in Singkiang might speak up!

Is anybody out there?” - Pink Floydd

• So far there are many posts on the Indian IC. You may run a “search” to find the ones on the US Sinkiang IC.
    I’m of 3 views:

1. Indian IC - opens the game up more for the allies in my estimation - makes it more fun for me.
    2. UK AC/Trn drop - predictible but a useful first turn to support the US shuck shuck.
    3. Save the cash - opens up a ton of options.
  • '19 Moderator

Save the money sounds like Chamberlin to me, I prefer a more Churchill like response. The faster Germany falls the better the allies chance of victory. :P

I am actualy in a rut on this one and I have been dropping the AC for a long time.

• cc, Search Google for Sinkiang-IC? you are kidding, right?

dzfish, yup! It’s a good drop as long as you run the US or the US player cooperates. Or do you only play 2 man A&A?

• @El:

cc, Search Google for Sinkiang-IC? you are kidding, right?

no no no
    use the A&A search at this site.

• '19 Moderator

@El:

dzfish, yup! It’s a good drop as long as you run the US or the US player cooperates. Or do you only play 2 man A&A?

No, I usualy plkay a minimum of four players. But, I useualy play on a real board and partners are a lot more cooperative when you are face to face. If America doesn’t want to help me with the fighters then I a going to have trouble anyway. so I may try for an african IC or just save the money. That is rare though. And I don’t like the Indian IC.

• I strongly recommand an Indian Factory to every allied player! Unless Germany took the Egypt gamble and have both sides of the channel in turn one, if that happens you should build a South African Factory instead.

Reasons why you should build an Indian Fac:

1. It will take the Japs more time to secure the asian front
    2. The British will cash out higher, replacing the losses of the German invasion in Africa
    3. It forces the Japs to buy enormous amounts of infantry before they can march to Moskou
    4. Allows the Americans to ignore the pacific entirely!
    5. It will help out the Russians tremendously, because they can invest more in the defense against the germans until, because the Japs focus is on the Indian Factory.

• @Bashir:

I strongly recommand an Indian Factory to every allied player! Unless Germany took the Egypt gamble and have both sides of the channel in turn one, if that happens you should build a South African Factory instead.

Reasons why you should build an Indian Fac:

1. It will take the Japs more time to secure the asian front
    2. The British will cash out higher, replacing the losses of the German invasion in Africa
    3. It forces the Japs to buy enormous amounts of infantry before they can march to Moskou
    4. Allows the Americans to ignore the pacific entirely!
    5. It will help out the Russians tremendously, because they can invest more in the defense against the germans until, because the Japs focus is on the Indian Factory.

I like this man!!!
    the very things i’ve been arguing for the last >1 year!

• The dark side of the Indian Factory is that the Japs can always take India if they have build up enough infantry. (Or what I do, collect your infantry from your islands) So the english player have to play enormous aggresive or defensive (and just strike with overwhelming forces)

The British main role in the game is to delay the Axis where they can. So the Indian Fac delays the Japs enormous and gives time to the Americans to help defense Russia.

So in my opinion you shouldn’t buy a fac on India when the Germans didn’t attack, or didn’t succeed their attack on the British fleet. (Build a carrier instead)

• @cystic:

So far there are many posts on the Indian IC. You may run a “search” to find the ones on the US Sinkiang IC.
    I’m of 3 views:

1. Indian IC - opens the game up more for the allies in my estimation - makes it more fun for me.
    2. UK AC/Trn drop - predictible but a useful first turn to support the US shuck shuck.
    3. Save the cash - opens up a ton of options.

1 = the best option, also the most fun for the UK player

2= the worst possible move you can make. You allow the Japanese to take the asian mainland easily. Their counter attacks are devastating.

3= a wast of your valuable turn…

• If the Allies/Brits build a factory in India T1, the short term goal for Japan quickly becomes to capture/hold it and insure the Allies don’t deploy a single unit from it. An IC there might be a safer move further into the game when Japan has its hands full and becomes committed to other things. But a T1 Indian IC simply paints a big juicy bullseye for Japan. Fact is, I would place no IC’s on T1 no matter which country/alligance. T2 is another story however. ~Bumatank

• I agree with Bumatank.

I wouldn’t put an I.C. on India (on turn one) if U.K. This will surely be a target for Japan. If captured … Japan now has an I.C. in India – which can be DANGEROUS. Especially, if they also purchased one on Manchuria (on turn one). Two I.C.'s for Japan in Asia=No more Russia=Axis Victory.

Mista Biggs 8)

• If you dont build an IC in India on Britain’s 1st turn, most likely Japan will and conquer the whole of asia, unchallenged. If you build an IC in India, and build planes and infantry, japan will stand little chance of conquering it. And if the USA builds an IC in western china, then they can help take the asian mainland easier.

• On the flip side of this if you have the allies spending money covering the Asian conflict, who is helping poor Russia against the Germans amassing a huge unchecked army….I always look at it this way, Japan is probably going to take a nice chunk of the Asian countries. But if the UK and the US are shuck’ing over a sizable amount of troops it leads to a stand off and puts pressure on Germany not to slip up. I do see your point that it will throw a wrench in their plans but that UK money is better spent IMHO funneling troops or planes to Russia.

• I don’t agree with you – PrisonerOfWar.

It has been in my experience that India is usually taken out by Japan on turn 1. Everytime that I have ever built an I.C. on India (with U.K. on turn one) – it has fallen into Japanese hands. India only has 2 infantry and 1 fighter. All Japan has to do is attack it with the following:

2 infantry and 1 fighter from French Indochina-Burma (fighter lands back in French Indochina-Burma);
    2 infantry (via transport) from Phillipines;
    1 bomber from Japan (bomber lands in French Indochina-Burma);
    and if Russia didn’t eliminate or playing RR – 1 fighter from Manchuria (fighter lands in French Indochina-Burma).

Japan can then reinforce French Indochina-Burma with 2 infantry from Japan (via transport), 1 fighter from the aircraft carrier in the Caroline Islands sea zone and 1 fighter from the Phillipines.

This will leave French Indochina-Burma with 2 infantry (possibly 4 – see below), 3 fighters (or 4 if Manchuria’s fighter survives Russia’s attack or playing RR) and 1 bomber.

China only has 2 infantry and 1 fighter. Japan can also attack China with the following:

2 infantry from Kwangtung;
    3 infantry from Manchuria (if playing RR);
    and 1 fighter from Japan (fighter lands in French Indochina-Burma.

NOTE: If not playing RR … Japan should move 2 infantry from Kwangtung to French Indochina-Burma to boost up defensives and prepare for attacking China and/or Sinkiang on turn 2.

If Japan bought buys an I.C. (and places it on French Indochina-Burma) and saves the rest (10 I.P.C.'s) or buys a transport (and saves 2 I.P.C.'s) … look out in turn two!

It doesn’t matter what U.S. does – Japan will eliminate them from Asia in turn 2.

This is a Japanese victory in Asia anyway you spell it.

Mista Biggs 8)

• I don’t like the idea of building an IC in India. Japan can take it too easily. I think the better strategy is for Eng to build an IC in South Africa and place two tanks there every turn. They can easily eliminate germany from Africa which allows the US to transport troups to Africa and then quickly move into Asia and help Russia and/or push back Japan.

• @JoePar22:

I was wondering how everybody feels about the Industrial complex in India. I happen to think that it is a complete waste. It really takes away too many IPCs from the UK and what they should be concentrating on is owning the high seas!

What do yall think?

Stick the cunt in south africa instead

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m