• Do what Yanny says. Conquer Africa as soon as possible before holding it at Egypt against the inevitable invasion by the US. The more USA has to put into Africa, the less you have to worry about a strong D-Day invasion or reinforcement of the Karelia Push. Just don’t go overboard at try and secure Africa at the cost of destabilizing Eastern Europe.

Here’s a question for all, is Australia, Madagascar, and New Zealand worth taking? Combined they provide a 4 IPC, steady, almost unrecaptureable, source of income. However, the main problem is that it positions 1 or more transports out of order, desperately needed for bridging operations in Japan. It also takes time, from the Sea of Japan, it would take 4 turns to reach all of those territories. I’m interested in hearing your opinions.

• Bomb the Brits back to the stone Age!!

if you can take Africa, Iraq and Persia and Japan can take Australia, new Zealand and India. the UK only has 12 IPC’s left per turn.
    2 or 3 bombers doing runs every turn and you have them beat. if you get rockets or heavy bombers you only have to use one bomber a turn.
    every now and then send a few fighters to go on ONE PASS runs on england to soffen what forces they have up for an invation. i sugest algeria for a jump off point for the invation.

• They are worth taking, just don’t go out of your way to take the. Definately Australia and New Zealand, Mad. is a bit more inconvienant.

• Okay, thanks. Just needed to hear someone else’s opinion on this :)

• hehe, double team germany and ignore japan, i LOVE it when they do that :) you can chew up russia really quickly when your ignored.

seriously, as germany, try real hard to take as much land from russia and england without losing your offensive peices. in the early game ive had alot of luck with buying mostly infantry, with some fighter purchases here and there. lets face it, germany nearly always winds up defensive, and you need troops and fighters for that. i try to maintain at least one fighter per european country that i have, and one bomber for every 3 european country i have. works well, cause you can attack with a stack of troops and horde of aircraft, take a country, and still land your fighters in strategic locations. tanks come later in the game for me usually. but then, i usually rely on japan to do the real dirty work in taking out russia, and alot of the uk.
    a friend of mine swears by german bombers. he buys all troops first turn, and 1 bomber, the rest troops for most turns after that, and strategic bombs russia. bombers are also nice to take out the occasional stray allied transport.

• Well chances are if you’re facing off against good Allied players you won’t be running into many lone transports. But usually I stick with on rule for Germany - infantry. In the game I will ever hardly buy anything else, bmb, arm, ftr, nothing can match the defensive firepower of inf. I think bmbs are a bum move for Germany because:

1. They defend at 1 (a big no-no for a defensive player for Germany
    2. 1 bmb is equal to 5 inf. Tell me, what would you rather have when the Allies are stacking all across europe?

• as far as the bombers go, it is very risky, but i have used them to good effect strategic bombing quite often. this only works if youve managed to keep germany rich and england poor. very dificult to do with a good england player, but possible. and i usually play germany agressive, because if both sides are equal players, axis only has ~25% chance to win anyway (or less), so may as well take risks, and have some fun. i must admit, im a weak germany anyway. i am pretty good with japan tho.

• To fix the imbalance try playing with Russia Restricted and Bidding.

• “hehe, double team germany and ignore japan, i LOVE it when they do that you can chew up russia really quickly when your ignored.”

Yea, that whole “let’s take down Germany first/forget about Japan” strategy is a joke. Anytime my opponent(s) say that or look like they’re doing it I think “well, this one’s in the bag.” Sometimes I’ll tell them, “man, don’t waste the game on that. You’ll just loose. Try something more interesting.” But, that makes 'em more confident that I’m trying to save myself against a good plan until they suddenly find themselves covered in Japanese chips and say, “man, he was right.”

But, then they turn right around and make the same mistake again.

Eyeyeye.

• Even as a diehard advocate of Germany Must Die First, I still have the common sense of transfering forces into Asia when thinks start to look grim.

• Yea, I’m sure any of us would agree to “Germany must die first”, but only the faulty ones would claim “Germany must die FAST” or “Don’t mind those dudes over in the far east. We’ll get them after we finish with this.”

he he he

Silly willies.

• You should take all your boats and planes and attack London. If you are lucky, you’ll capture it.

• Uh, I don’t think so. First of all Germany’s “boat” Navy is quite small, only 2 transports (one in the Mediterranean, which is out of position). Second, if you attempt to build a North Sea Navy, the Allies can easily wreck havok on it with Planes and blockading your own force with its navy. Then there’s the question of invading UK itself, no small feat. UK can prepare for any purchases made on Germany’s turn and counter them.

• Uh, Chiefman21, he had a “strategy question”, not “a request for blind, fool-hearty luck.”

:roll:

• @TheJediCharles:

“hehe, double team germany and ignore japan, i LOVE it when they do that you can chew up russia really quickly when your ignored.”

Yea, that whole “let’s take down Germany first/forget about Japan” strategy is a joke. Anytime my opponent(s) say that or look like they’re doing it I think “well, this one’s in the bag.” Sometimes I’ll tell them, “man, don’t waste the game on that. You’ll just loose. Try something more interesting.” But, that makes 'em more confident that I’m trying to save myself against a good plan until they suddenly find themselves covered in Japanese chips and say, “man, he was right.”

But, then they turn right around and make the same mistake again.

Eyeyeye.

I was playing a game on the Zone yesterday as Japan and the Allies used that against me. They ignored me and I was doing well. I had the best economy out of all the pwoers as I was expanding toward Moscow. My ally was a jerk. He was a know-it-all and was annoying as hell. WE would have won, but he quit in the middle and all of a sudden the game ended. That sucked.

• I was playing a game on the Zone yesterday…

I did a search for this ‘Zone’ you mentioned, found it, and they already claim they don’t support A&A there anymore. What’s up with that? I never got to try it.

:cry:

• Yeah, did they close down A&A or what!?

• You can still play over the zone, but they dont provide technical support for the game.

• @TheJediCharles:

I was playing a game on the Zone yesterday…

I did a search for this ‘Zone’ you mentioned, found it, and they already claim they don’t support A&A there anymore. What’s up with that? I never got to try it.

:cry:

Try gamespy, I think you can play there.
    Not many peeps though.

• You can play on GameSpy (last I checked) but there are very few players there…

As far as the Germany pile-on strategy, it is basically an easy strategy that doesn’t require a lot of thought and is solid if unspectacular. It will win a few games, leading the people that do it to think they are clever strategists. What it really does is put all the pressure for the Axis on Japan and therefore the Japan player has to be pretty active in order for the Axis to win.

One thing to do, heathbar is think of the game in naval terms–UK/USA/Japan have it (and depend on it), Germany and USSR don’t. The only way USA/UK can put pressure on you (aside from a buildup in USSR or by airraids) is to build fleet units to attack you, so the easiest way to prevent that is to block their fleets. But this is hard to do for Germany because they are not essentially a naval power, so have to rely on expensive FTRs rather than less-expensive SUBs and more efficient CVs: often if you try to float any of these they are immediately sunk and HUGE IPC investments lost.

You definitely need to take over Africa, but this will get difficult when the Allies sink your navy. One thing you can do is have Japan sieze India w/ support of 1/2 her navy and then sail thru the Suez–now you’ve got a more substantial Navy in the Med which helps to threaten the Allies’ TRs–it also makes it less risky to build a few SUBs when they have a force defending them–a few SUBs, if they survive the trip to the Atlantic and combined w/ air power, can majorly disrupt Allied invasion plans and are a LOT more cost-effective for this purpose than just FTRs.

Most importantly, don’t let the Allies get off with an easy trade: if there is NO PRESSURE on Japan, they should have to suffer for it–Japan should take advantage quickly and start attacking in Asia and linking up w/ German forces to help them out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m