• Thanks for the clarification  from everyone, it sucks being a nube at the game and appreciate all help.

• i just got a used but complete set of the original axis and allies for $30!! where would i find a FAQ regarding this particular game??

• Official Q&A

Assuming you mean the Milton Bradley version, it’s here.

• @kaptinknaughts:

So here is my question, say a bomber can do a strategic strike or it can wait and conduct in general combat. Can a submarine NOT suprise strike and just conduct normal combat? Like in my sceniro, where it was one attacking sub vs. one defending sub and a loaded transport(which I know have no combat value) in one single SZ? My friend wanted to opt out of suprise striking with thier sub to conduct normal combat on my sub and transport that way he could keep attacking instead of only having the one shot with suprise stike. Is this a legit move or can the subs only suprise strike??

You’re misunderstanding Surprise Strike… it happens on every round of combat that an enemy destroyer is not present, not just the first one. So, if both subs fire and miss and both attacker and defender decide not to submerge, you have another round of surprise strike. And so on.
    In your example the only way for the attacking sub not to have surprise strike would be if there was also a defending destroyer. On that case both the defending sub would first first his surprise strike, then the attacking sub would fire in normal combat, then the defending destroyer fires on normal combat.
    Of course, if the defending submarine hits while rolling 1, the attacking submarine becomes fish food without even firing back since his surprise strike ability is cancelled by the defending destroyer.

• Thanks Hobbes for clarifying that for me, that cleared up some other questions I had as well. Also, Krieghund, thanks for the link for the FAQ, much appreciated. I cant wait to try my hand out on the MB Axis and Allies this weekend. Weapons development looks like another crazy variable to add into the game. Also, to anyone, what is the difference between the first and second additon? Is the first additon higher in value compared to a second? I cant seem to find anyting on this.

• Official Q&A

There were several rules changes made from the 1st edition (1984) to the 2nd (1986) to improve game balance.  There were no changes made to the physical components.  I have never heard of any difference in value between the two.

There was also a 4-page rules clarification supplement for the 2nd edition that was issued in 1991, and a set of 3rd edition rules (very minor changes) that came out with the CD-ROM game in 1997, but I can’t seem to locate either of them anywhere on-line.  The 2nd edition seems to be preferred by the vast majority of players.

• does anyone know where I could find a set of tournament rules/play??

• i have a very basic question to ask…
    some of my told me unexpended IPC can save to next round.
    for example ,the first turn Germany doesn’t spend all of his ipc(only spend 38 ipc),can the Germany player save the  ipc to second turn?

• @FlowerG:

i have a very basic question to ask…
    some of my told me unexpended IPC can save to next round.
    for example ,the first turn Germany doesn’t spend all of his ipc(only spend 38 ipc),can the Germany player save the  ipc to second turn?

Yes, you can always save IPCs- even all of it if you want!

• I have a question about the sub .If my subs(and only sub ,no water surface ship ) surround the Japan mainland.Can Japan player  mobilize  more ship?

• @FlowerG:

I have a question about the sub .If my subs(and only sub ,no water surface ship ) surround the Japan mainland.Can Japan player  mobilize  more ship?

Sure he can.

@rulebook:

Place sea units only in sea zones adjacent to territories containing eligible industrial complexes. New sea units can enter play
    even in a hostile sea zone. No combat occurs because the Conduct Combat phase is over.

• I buy two fighters and a aircraft carrier in the same turn.In my mobilization phase, can I put my two fighters on the aircraft in same turn ?
    I buy a aircraft carrier ,in my attack phase or moving phase ,can I land my fighter in that cv I brought this turn?

• @FlowerG:

I buy two fighters and a aircraft carrier in the same turn.In my mobilization phase, can I put my two fighters on the aircraft in same turn ?

Yes.

@FlowerG:

I buy a aircraft carrier ,in my attack phase or moving phase ,can I land my fighter in that cv I brought this turn?

You cannot land the fighters before the AC is mobilized during mobilization phase. But you can bring the fighters to the SZ in which the AC will be mobilized.
    This can be either in combat move phase (if there will be a battle in that SZ where the AC will be placed later) or in the noncombat move phase.

• i have a very important question to ask. can the UK build ship into SZ 3?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• and can you build into seazone 17 with algeria?

• Official Q&A

No.

• why can uk build into sz 3 with only a fraction of their land touching it but algeria cant build into 17 with the same amount touching it.

• Official Q&A

See the FAQ.

• '22 '19 '18

I’ve played so many versions of this game I sometimes lose track of different rules.  Can complexes be built on islands?  The rulebook doesn’t specifically forbid it?  At least not what I could find.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m