Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @cminke:

is it just me or does any one else aggree that the head is a little big??? i just want to point this out sience we want perfact pieces

You’ve pointed this out 3 times now and nobody has said anything about it.  I assume that means that they don’t agree.

I think it looks perfectly fine.  The overcoat is going to make things look a little off i think.

• ok i just wanted to make shure.

• TripleA '12

I agree with cminke. I think the German Infantry head is too large. The Italian Infantry head is perfect but the German is way too big. I made a quick picture to compare the two:

Heads.jpg

• well i think the german infantry with the overcoat looks bloody brilliant!

what are the ship classes/types for the german ships?

• the coat is great but the head… oh do i need to say it again?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@cminke:

the coat is great but the head… oh do i need to say it again?

looks fine to me……but I have a large head…so it looks normal to me!

• Everything south of the head is fine - the head is a bit big though.

• Man you guys are picky… I think the head looks fine.  Let’s not slow down this project anymore, I’ve been waiting for these pieces for almost a year now.

• I absolutely admire the enormous, costly project FMG is taking on here.

I would like to financially support this endeavour by pre-ordering, however it seems that pre-ordering individual sets at the premium rate will likely cost me a lot more in the long run than waiting for the entire package. Why should early adopters pay a premium over people who sit back and wait for the entire collection?

Would it not make more sense to accept pre-orders for the whole package (more money up front), than to try and work in stages? This is also a greater incentive for people to support the project early. Even at the individual pre-order rate of $30/set + shipping it looks like the collection will cost over $200. At regular price $40/set, that’s well over $250! I love the game but I just think that will put too many people off from buying what is essentially plastic bling.

I thought the original $60/set seemed a bit low. In my opinion the $100-120 price point shouldn’t be too unreasonable. At the $120 price point you would be getting 4 out of 6 countries worth of income (at the current $30) up front per person, not bad if you ask me…

• When do early adapters not pay more?  Seems reasonable to me to charge more per individual set, and then discount a complete set.

But I see your point if the goal is generate income to fund later sets.  Offering a discounted complete set early would be a great way to do that.  The problem of course being from a business standpoint, the people willing to pay for a full set now are very likely to buy each nation incrementally, which means a loss of some income over the long term for FMG - but a gain of getting more initial capital (as well as capturing sales due to buzz, which may trail off as people lose interest over time).

Ah the joys of retail economics!

Also - the German’s head looks fine to me.  Hard to make judgments without better rez comparisons.

• @dadler12:

Man you guys are picky… I think the head looks fine.  Let’s not slow down this project anymore, I’ve been waiting for these pieces for almost a year now.

that’s the thing the head is fine it’s just to big. i personaly want quality over quantity. we have waited so let us wait more when we finaly get them it will seem all the more worth while

• The Head does not look that big

• Sorry but the German’s head is WAY too big… using rough sight measurement (artist’s method for determining proportion), while accounting for the height of the helmet as well, he is around 5.5 heads tall, where the “average person is generally 7-and-a-half heads tall (including the head).” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_drawing (sorry about the nude dudes, lol)

FMG, I would send it back to be revised because the style is inconsistent with Italy’s.

• '10

Hopefully this will get people off the “Head” issue

FMG_1.jpg

• HOLL-E CARP

• oh it 's a king tiger! right?

• @inverted:

Sorry but the German’s head is WAY too big… **using rough sight measurement (artist’s method for determining proportion), while accounting for the height of the helmet as well, he is around 5.5 heads tall, where the “average person is generally 7-and-a-half heads tall (including the head).” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_drawing (sorry about the nude dudes, lol)

FMG, I would send it back to be revised because the style is inconsistent with Italy’s.

Are you accounting for the fact that the knees are bent considerably, making the figure crouch somewhat?  Taking that into consideration it looks to me to be about 7 heads tall after taking off the hieght of the helmet (Not using sight measurement, but using a ruler held up to my monitor btw).**

• this it s a king tiger top vs a panther so to me its a king tiger which i was hope full for! :-D

king tiger to panther.jpg

• Holy molly!! those are the best i have seen so far. I can say that WOTC’s monopoly on AA style pieces is about to end.

• maby i shoul complain about something else so he shows us more! :-P :lol: :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m