• When you guys sent your battle strips in did you include a note with it?

• I send an email yesterday to costumer service in Europe asking about the battle strip and the tac bombers. They replied today asking for my address to send the new battle strip but didn’t mentioned anything about the additional tac bombers. It seems that they haven’t been informed yet.

• I emailed them yesterday, and got the reply that they’d added me to a list to receive the corrected battle strip plus additional Japanese TAC bomber pieces. They said they hoped to be mailing these out sometime near the end of February. Obviously, I sent them my mailing addresss in the original email.

Nice and easy, if you ask me. :-) We’ll see what happens.

• Cool, just sent a reminder message to Belgian customer services, stating how I read here that the Americans are getting their battleboards and bombers, and I got a reply that they will be shipped to Europe next week aswell.

• I have some good news!

I received my corrected battle strip and six additional Japanese tactical bombers in the mail today from Wizards of the Coast.

This means that everyone else’s can’t be too far behind.

I didn’t mail in my defective battle strip; I simply put myself on the list for a new battle strip over the phone not long after the game came out.  So that should save everyone some time and worry.

They also included a letter, which I’ll transcribe for you all very soon.

• I received my “corrected battlestrip” and additional Japanese tactical bombers but the battlestrip is still wrong as it doesn’t show the tactical bomber/tank or fighter combo as hitting at 4 or less unless I am mistaken.

It’s a good start but…

• Official Q&A

It doesn’t show infantry attacking on a 2 when paired with artillery, either.  It’s not incorrect - it’s a design choice.  There simply isn’t room on there for all of the combinations.

• '10

Dr. Shades is correct. I received mine yesterday. One of the bombers was broken and the battlestrip was creased. The letter essentially stated that 9 bombers are required for the game and the extra 3 are for your patience.

• '10

i got my envelope today with new battlestrip and 6 new tacts.  one plane was broken in two, but oh well, its the thought that counts.  very excited WOTC came through

• Your not the only one that got broken planes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ulk_73cjI

:-D

• @Krieghund:

It doesn’t show infantry attacking on a 2 when paired with artillery, either.  It’s not incorrect - it’s a design choice.  There simply isn’t room on there for all of the combinations.

Forgot about that thanks Krieghund!

@Battlingmaxo:

Dr. Shades is correct. I received mine yesterday. One of the bombers was broken and the battlestrip was creased. The letter essentially stated that 9 bombers are required for the game and the extra 3 are for your patience.

The setup calls for 10…

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Got mine today and one of the wings was a little discolored like has been mentioned but am quite happy they followed through.

Sean

• @Hobbes:

I send an email yesterday to costumer service in Europe asking about the battle strip and the tac bombers. They replied today asking for my address to send the new battle strip but didn’t mentioned anything about the additional tac bombers. It seems that they haven’t been informed yet.

Very nice surprise on the mail today… just got the battlestrip and the planes today  :-D

The battlestrip is a little bent but nothing that a pair of heavy books over it won’t solve and the planes look OK, other than a few scratches.

• @Hobbes:

@Hobbes:

I send an email yesterday to costumer service in Europe asking about the battle strip and the tac bombers. They replied today asking for my address to send the new battle strip but didn’t mentioned anything about the additional tac bombers. It seems that they haven’t been informed yet.

Very nice surprise on the mail today… just got the battlestrip and the planes today  :-D

The battlestrip is a little bent but nothing that a pair of heavy books over it won’t solve and the planes look OK, other than a few scratches.

Mailed the (belgian WOtc) last Saturday - found a new battlestrip and 6 Japanese Tac Bombers today in the mail

:D

• [[quote author=Richter von Manthofen link=topic=16852.msg572114#msg572114 date=1266591903]
    @Hobbes:

@Hobbes:

Mailed the (belgian WOtc) last Saturday - found a new battlestrip and 6 Japanese Tac Bombers today in the mail

:D

I even sent back an email yesterday thanking them for the speed - nice costumer service :)

• I got my bombers and strip.

I never mailed anything in, just created a case with WOTC on their website. Although I did create it before their announcement.

Of the 6 tacticals I received, 3 were damaged. Only 1 had instantly obvious visible scarring, but none of were broken or unplayable. In truth, I only wanted 2 more bombers anyway, so I’m happy on that front.

The battleboard was severely damaged. It was filled with pockmarks from bomber pressure points. The center has a vertical slice right through it and the entire board is warped as if someone dipped it in water and let it dry on the pavement. In my opinion, this component is unplayable. BUT, I dont care about the battleboard. Never did since I’ve never used them. It just seems inconvenient to transfer all the pieces to somewhere on a table that is highly constricted for space already. And even if I did want a batteboard, Bob has given us a superior solution anyway.

Now one thing I did want (and I requested this originally) was a pair of Japan and ANZAC setup stickers to overlay onto the incorrect ones. I expect these corrected stickers must exist anyway for the reprint.

I’d still like more Japanese mech inf and a new rulebook, but that’s picking nits I suppose. Overall, I’m happy.

• Mailed the (belgian WOtc) February 10 - found a new battlestrip and 6 Japanese Tac Bombers today in the mail.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

• I just got mine too! And all 6 tactical bombers were in perfect condition! :-D The battle strip was bent, but who cares about that?

• @Xayd74:

Now one thing I did want (and I requested this originally) was a pair of Japan and ANZAC setup stickers to overlay onto the incorrect ones. I expect these corrected stickers must exist anyway for the reprint.

I’d still like more Japanese mech inf and a new rulebook, but that’s picking nits I suppose. Overall, I’m happy.

I asked about corrected ANZAC and US stickers too but honestly I feel the stuff people on this forum came up with is far superior.

• @dante:

Mailed the (belgian WOtc) February 10 - found a new battlestrip and 6 Japanese Tac Bombers today in the mail.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Wow, pretty quick here too. I emailed them on 2-10-10 and mine were in the mailbox this past Thursday 2-18-10, about 1 week!

The battle strip was a little “bendy”, but the planes were in perfect condition. Great job to the AAP40 support staff.

My letter said that there was supposed to be 9 Japanese TAC bombers included in the game originally, and they sent me 6 more for having to have had to wait.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m