Question about the built-in AA on bases & IC's

• Can the anti-air defences on a base/IC be rendered inoperable if the base/IC is out of commission?

Example: I SBR my opponent’s airbase & cause four units of damage. If my ally decides to bomb the same airbase would he still be subject to AA fire?

• @C_Strabala:

Can the anti-air defences on a base/IC be rendered inoperable if the base/IC is out of commission?

Example: I SBR my opponent’s airbase & cause four units of damage. If my ally decides to bomb the same airbase would he still be subject to AA fire?

Yes.  you cannot render AA inoperable.

• That doesn’t make sense. If the facility is not functional then why would it’s air defenses be in perfect operational order? Maybe it should be a houserule.

• because your SBR is going after the industrial complex, not the layers of AA guns protecting the territory into and out of the target area.  We’re not talking about one bavarian on a Flak88 here.

• There are rules that list what happens when a facility becomes inoperable. losing their AA ability isn’t on the list, they still have it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m