• Almost all the damage was done to Port Au Prince. The epicenter was located 6 miles below the actual surface of the earth under Port Au Prince. An outlying suburb has also been damaged by an after shock.

Since this was the capital of Haiti both the Haitian government, what there was of it, and the UN mission in country have been effectively removed. The UN lost 3 of its top deputies at its headquarters. Much of the senior leadership of the Haitian Police Force was lost when their headquarters and the Ministry of Justice buildings collapsed.

• @tkroll:

I heard the Dominican Republic was untouched. Whether that was because the quake didn’t hit with the same severity there or if they were better prepared for it.

They were just far enough away from the epicenter.

• there is an information that haiti lost 60 % of its BDP in 60 seconds

:((((((

• Well, GDP is gross domestic product, a measurement of the size of a nation’s economy.

So I’m guessing it refers to the total size of Haiti’s economy.

• Yeah I know what GDP is, but what is BDP? Is it a typo?

• Probably is.  The B is right by the G.

• Botswana Democratic Party.
    They were holding a convention at the time.

• BDP = GDP

sorry if i caused confusion

• @Amon:

BDP = GDP

sorry if i caused confusion

You had better be sorry. I couldn’t sleep last night trying to figure out what BDP meant.

• @Amon:

there is an information that haiti lost 60 % of its BDP in 60 seconds

:((((((

Haiti was poorest nation in the western hemisphere to begin with. Not to sound cynical but if anything the earthquake probably grew its economy. =/ if you include all the sympathy aid it received.

• earthquake probably grew its economy

Thats a bit harsh, the cost was in blood then?

• @allboxcars:

Botswana Democratic Party.

Watch out dude, you are getting political!

• @ABWorsham:

@allboxcars:

Botswana Democratic Party.

Watch out dude, you are getting political!

I hope that was sarcasm.

• @Brain:

Yeah, we can’t talk about the US economy, but we can talk about the Haiti economy. What’s up with that?

stop failing at trolling please :)

• @cyan:

@Brain:

Yeah, we can’t talk about the US economy, but we can talk about the Haiti economy. What’s up with that?

Brain Damaged has a point, the down economic cycle has had a personal effect on everyone on a global scale.

• @ABWorsham:

@cyan:

@Brain:

Brain Damaged has a point, the down economic cycle has had a personal effect on everyone on a global scale.

And Brain Damaged gets deleted again, along with another 60 or so posts. They love me around here I tell ya :-D

• @ABWorsham:

@cyan:

@Brain:

This is a very valid point, the US internal issues is a “no-go”, but all other countries are ok, whatever we say?

• It appears that I have no opinion.

• @Brain:

@ABWorsham:

@cyan:

@Brain:

And Brain Damaged gets deleted again, along with another 60 or so posts. They love me around here I tell ya :-D

I heard in the news today that the UN will stop issuing free medicines if they find a medical facility is charging the patients for it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m