What is a general discussion anyways?

• It has been said that there is politics in everything, so how do we know if something is a post that will removed / locked?

All I can see is if it’s anything deemed ‘illegal’.  The problem is, the definition of ‘illegal’ is very subjective.

Maybe we should pre-submit our threads to the moderator(s) to get approval?

That’s probably better than getting any clearly defined guidelines for what is allowed and what is not, because right now, that list does not exist.

• This is a bit better, but i will make one edit ( small)

then you can continue.

• @Brain:

This thread will be deleted in T minus ……

Okay this time it just got edited.@axis_roll:

It has been said that there is politics in everything, so how do we know if something is a post that will removed / locked?

This is the question for which I would like to have an answer.

• http://www.animeiso.com/index.php?topic=1451.0;wap2

here is a good start and some common problems magically are similar to ours….

What is board isn’t supposed to be used for.
    1.) You can not post threads relating to how good or bad your Karma is, frankly it isn’t that important and isn’t much to gloat about how good your Karma is on a website. This also isn’t a way we judge character or ideas, some people give negative reps for no reason; deal with it and move on.

2.) There is no reason to post about your post count. We can see it every single time you post so why do you feel the need to announce you’ve gotten to a new level of posting. Once again this isn’t how we judge peoples status on the website. We will look what your posts are and if it was mostly spam we will look at is as such. Having a huge post count will not make your chances of getting a mod position any higher if they were mostly spam.

3.) Games are not meant for this section, nor are jokes, nor are threads complaining about something in your life. There are sub-forums made for these reasons; use them accordingly and we will get along fine.

4.) If you’ve read the rules I’m sure you already know, but I figured I’d reaffirm this point. You can not advertise your website anywhere on this site even in the general chat board. We are not your bulletin board to try and get more traffic to your website. If you’re unsure if it would be considered advertisement PM me or any other mod on the site and we will tell you.

5.) This isn’t exactly your sandbox. It makes no sense to post the same things over and over in a thread that has no point behind it. Post what you want to say in a thread leave a few replies to people with questions or if another point is brought up and leave it as that. There is no reason to have 8 pages with you being every other post. It is just plain nonsense.

Key Principles
    1.) Admins and Mods words are law. If they ask you not to do something don’t defy them and go ahead and do it again. That is how you get warned or even worse banned. We don’t like banning people because we love the community we have and we don’t like imposing new stricter rules but because of constant abuse it seems to have become a must for us to do so.

2.) Breaking of these rules will get you a few verbal warnings and then chances of getting some more serious warnings that actually will have effects on your account. If you continue to break these rules without care to our opinions I’m sure harsher punishments can be arranged.

3.) If you’re not a mod don’t try to act like one. You can give people tips but you do not tell them that they are idiots for doing something. You have no right to flame someone for not knowing better. Report posts to a mod and we will take care of them as soon as we possibly can. If that is too slow for you then too bad, it is our choice to work however fast we choose.

4.) Most importantly just use common sense when posting or making threads. Think about it before you do it and be careful about doing it in the wrong way. I’d like to think I’m pretty lenient and I’ve never reported but one member for wrong doings. I think I’m capable of handling things without admin intervention and I’ll listen to anyone’s side of the story.

• Games are not meant for this section, nor are jokes, nor are threads complaining about something in your life. There are sub-forums made for these reasons; use them accordingly and we will get along fine.

I think the spirit of this rule is to provide the members a place to talk about what is on their mind.

• I think the spirit of this rule is to provide the members a place to talk about what is on their mind.

yes he said as long as their are no complaining or jokes

• @Imperious:

I think the spirit of this rule is to provide the members a place to talk about what is on their mind.

yes he said as long as their are no complaining or jokes

If that’s the case, please put that in the posting guidelines for the ‘general discussion’ forum.

If it’s a written rule, then people should be able to follow it.

• I realize that some people can not have civil discussions on certain topics. Should the members get removed instead of the blacklisting of certain items? There should be greater freedom, our participation on this Forum funds the site.

• @ABWorsham:

I realize that some people can not have civil discussions on certain topics. Should the members get removed instead of the blacklisting of certain items? There should be greater freedom, our participation on this Forum funds the site.

Yes. Power to the people!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m