• Customizer

So if US is at war with Japan, what is the maximum amount of IPCs the us can loose. I suspect it’s 52 (50 for WUS and 2 for Mex) but i’m not 100% sure since WUS IPCs is only this high due to its +40 IPC NO bonus.

Krieg is the official answer 12 or 52?

• I guess they could lose IPCs for Alaska, Mexico, Philippines (unlikely Japan will not hold the PI and still be in the game, but theoretically it is possible) and Hawaii too.  And if the US captures other territory, they could lose those IPCs as well.

So using starting US territories, it seems the US could lose 17 IPCs.  I thought it was more until someone pointed out (Vareel I think) that 40 IPCs come from the NO.

I am so impressed with the convoy rules, subs and destroyers in this game.  :-)  Any more would be too complicated but they managed to capture the flavor of this part of the battle in the oceans.

• Official Q&A

It is 12.

• I REALLY HATE THIS RULE OF THE US BEEN WORTH NOTHING TO ANYONE BECAUE OF IT BEEN A NO.

• @democratic:

I REALLY HATE THIS RULE OF THE US BEEN WORTH NOTHING TO ANYONE BECAUE OF IT BEEN A NO.

I really hate people who’s CAPS LOCK is stuck…

• @democratic:

I REALLY HATE THIS RULE OF THE US BEEN WORTH NOTHING TO ANYONE BECAUE OF IT BEEN A NO.

I know you don’t want to hear it… but think about it logically…

1.  In 1940 the US agriculturally and industrially was largely self sufficient.  It wasn’t like Japan or German or Britain in needing large amounts of raw materials imported.  Convoy blockades would not cripple our economy.  Therefore it makes no sense for that to be possible in the game.

2.  You’re complaining that “12” is “nothing”?  That’s exactly equal to the value of the Eastern US in the original A&A and it’s completely in scope with the rest of the territory IPC values on the board.

3.  The Additional “40” essentially accounts for production from roughly 5 US territories not represented on the map.  Those 5 being, Midwestern US, Eastern US, Mexico, Cuba, and Brazil.  Conquering the Western US should not net you additional IPCs for territory you did not and cannot take in the game.

4.  Conquering the US is always a b****.  In every other A&A I’ve played - Original, revised, A&A50 and A&A1942.  Taking it wasn’t really ever a “game winner” because it was usually not worth the focus and effort required when you could knock out other, easier to get to targets.  The US always plays the long distance support role.  So I don’t see why there is surprise or frustration that the formula wasn’t changed for PAC 1940?

5.  If you hate that rule, that’s what house rules are for.  I severely doubt that should you deviate from the standard game ruleset, there’s a secret tracking beacon located in the board that activates and causes Larry and a crack squad of ninjas, or the midget clown commando squad to show up at your house and try to take you out.

• But its just the fact that as soon as Japan is owning in the Pacific, in the global game they will go for Russia, rather than USA.

And AUS was self-sufficant, we were exporting coal, iron and food to US and Brittan but we can still loose almost all of our income each turn from 3 subs.

• Britain, lose, sufficient.

Assuming that’s what you meant…

If Japan cant cut US down 12 a turn the game is over, doesn’t need to be 52.

• If you destroy 12 IPCs as Japan the US is down to 38 or so. If Japan keeps up with the US Navy builds it seems like that would keep the Japanese on a pretty even playing field with the US.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m