Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• happens

• still, the pre-order post should have been up by now.  I wonder why it’s taking so long.

• FMG, update please

• Man, where are they… :-o-oh no.  What if they’ve been intercepted by…The Man.

• C’mon FMG, where’s the pre-order link?  We want to GIVE YOU MONEY!

• I wonder why there isn’t more people voting, only 64 ? , I thought Field Marshall wanted to know how many were interested by voting in this poll? . Everyone needs to vote, do it now before we lose them!

• you may not want everyone to vote… as with most online polls and feedback, you get mostly the extreme ends of the spectrum to voice their opinion…  perhaps fortunately we have the majority of the extreme of ‘will buy’ group voting here, but only if people enter the variants section are they likely interested in non-OOB pieces.
    Honestly, probably the majority of AA players are fine to play with OOB pieces because they only play once in a while f2f with beer and pizza.  it’s the rest of us who play as often as we can, online or otherwise and who customize and make house rules and argue over kgf or kjf or kif and such.  But the extreme ones who are impatiently waiting (myself included) will likely buy multiple sets and such ahead of time and will make FMG money for  their effort.  As with the dice, I’ll trust that they are just working to make sure they are quality before they start passing the coffers…

• Does anyone else remember IL mentioning something about putting this project on hold when AA42 was announced?  I remember there was a reply by IL and a followup by someone else but I just went through this whole thread and I can’t find it, I also checked the dice thread.  I remember seeing it but not really thinking about it until now since there are no updates from FMG?

I am trying to figure out if the project is a go or it’s on hold.  If it’s on hold, I’ll need to pre-order more AA42 for the new sculpts.

• I advise they wait till the new AA42 game comes out if they want to make a piece set for everybody, but i also said they should instead work on new Italian pieces to fix the duplicates from AA50, and also make all the new pieces. I would not want them spending thousands of dollars and charge $30 bucks or more for a set, when AH is already making a new game with all new pieces for $30… that would not be a good decision. Its better to wait till we get pictures of the new pieces, because they may be really good and hardly anybody will spend more to get a second new set.

But my advice is only that. Its prudent to wait till pictures arrive, then make decision.

• @Imperious:

I advise they wait till the new AA42 game comes out if they want to make a piece set for everybody, but i also said they should instead work on new Italian pieces to fix the duplicates from AA50, and also make all the new pieces. I would not want them spending thousands of dollars and charge $30 bucks or more for a set, when AH is already making a new game with all new pieces for $30… that would not be a good decision. Its better to wait till we get pictures of the new pieces, because they may be really good and hardly anybody will spend more to get a second new set.

But my advice is only that. Its prudent to wait till pictures arrive, then make decision.

Thanks IL, I thought I was losing it.  It makes sense.  I would still appreciate an update from FMG regarding the status of this project.

Does anyone have any AA50 alternatives for pieces?  Right now, I am planning to use the red Japanese pieces from AAP as USSR, and using AA50 USSR as Italy (not sure why USSR has 4 cruisers and Italy only 2), that way the pieces stand out and Italy doesn’t get confused for UK.

• '10

IL

When is the AA42 supposed to come out?

Thanks

• Official Q&A

August.

• That makes sense.  I personally won’t buy AA42, but I bet a lot of others would just because it’s Axis and Allies.  Who knows, maybe I’ll but it if it has a high quality P-38.

• I would buy it only because I buy all A&A games. I have them all and all the old gamemaster games from the 80’s. The only one we didn’t like was Conquest of the Empire but only because it was kind of flawed in it’s design. We tried to fix it but then got Axis and Allies and that was the last time we played it. But you have to buy each new one so they will keep making them. I would really like to see a Stalingrad or North Africa AA game or Philippines/Leyte Gulf would be good.

• @dabapic:

I would buy it only because I buy all A&A games. I have them all and all the old gamemaster games from the 80’s. The only one we didn’t like was Conquest of the Empire but only because it was kind of flawed in it’s design. We tried to fix it but then got Axis and Allies and that was the last time we played it. But you have to buy each new one so they will keep making them. I would really like to see a Stalingrad or North Africa AA game or Philippines/Leyte Gulf would be good.

They do have a Philippines and North Africa Version

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/axisguad

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/NorthAfrica

I agree that pretty much only those who must have every version of Axis and Allies will buy AA42, or if they have some nostalgic love for AA Revised.

Then you have the super obsessed like IL who buy 20 copies.

• @Upside-Down:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/NorthAfrica…

@ Upside-Down Turtle:

I think dabapic was referring to board games, and specifically to his desire to see two board games based on the North African and Philippines campaigns, respectively. The Axis & Allies: North Africa game to which you posted a link is a collectable miniature game (in which I am quite invested) which is connected to A&A board games through its brand name only. Also, the Guadalcanal A&A board game to which you linked is not a proper response to an expressed desire for an A&A Philippines board game; Guadalcanal is located in the Solomon island chain (north-east of Australia) and has nothing to do with the Philippines or Letye Gulf, either geographically or in terms of the respective military campaigns involving those islands. I’m actually not quite sure why you posted either of those games as a response to dabapic’s post. :?

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

there’s also those people who don’t have any versions and would like to buy one of the world variety, as Revised and Anniversary are out of print.  no AA42 equals no new players…  AAR/AA50 copies drying up all over.

• @AG124:

@Upside-Down:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/NorthAfrica…

@ Upside-Down Turtle:

I think dabapic was referring to board games, and specifically to his desire to see two board games based on the North African and Philippines campaigns, respectively. The Axis & Allies: North Africa game to which you posted a link is a collectable miniature game (in which I am quite invested) which is connected to A&A board games through its brand name only. Also, the Guadalcanal A&A board game to which you linked is not a proper response to an expressed desire for an A&A Philippines board game; Guadalcanal is located in the Solomon island chain (north-east of Australia) and has nothing to do with the Philippines or Letye Gulf, either geographically or in terms of the respective military campaigns involving those islands. I’m actually not quite sure why you posted either of those games as a response to dabapic’s post. :?

It’s in the Solomon Islands?  Crud.  I am a pox upon my own species.  A simple google search would have eliminated that error.

• @Imperious:

I advise they wait till the new AA42 game comes out if they want to make a piece set for everybody, but i also said they should instead work on new Italian pieces to fix the duplicates from AA50, and also make all the new pieces. I would not want them spending thousands of dollars and charge $30 bucks or more for a set, when AH is already making a new game with all new pieces for $30… that would not be a good decision. Its better to wait till we get pictures of the new pieces, because they may be really good and hardly anybody will spend more to get a second new set.

With the track record of this company reusing old molds, does anyone think they are going to have new pieces that compare to what FMG is talking about?  On the small possibility they do have some new pieces, I doubt they will compare with FMGs for acuracy or detail.  FMG did a great job on the dice.  I’m expecting similar drive to produce pieces for this market.

• I happened to communicate with Jeremy today at Field Marshall and he said we will be hearing something in a few weeks. He just hasn’t had any new news to tell us, but he says the pieces project will be done , it is just going to take awhile but that the company is determined to do this project. I was estatic to hear this and thought I would share with you all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m