Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Imperious:

to represent volksgrenadier…

ahh for that you need an old dude in a wheelchair holding a MP44 :-D

that would be a funny picture :-D

also could one of the german tanks be a panzer II i have always loved those little guys

You could have the panzer towing the guy in the wheelchair behind him!  :-D

• lol

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Carrier

Have we been discussing half-tracks enough?  I guess this is a no-brainer for the UK Mech Inf.

• i love universal carriers!

• my god, i will never get this pieces  :-(

• you don’t like universal carriers?  :-P

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

you don’t like universal carriers?   :-P

Has nothing to do with that, my little turtle friend. Only 60 individuals are interested in this new pieces, that will make $ 6000 and that is too short even for one single mold. Why you think FMG have left the thread ?

• @Adlertag:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

you don’t like universal carriers?   :-P

Has nothing to do with that, my little turtle friend. Only 60 individuals are interested in this new pieces, that will make $ 6000 and that is too short even for one single mold. Why you think FMG have left the thread ?

why are molds so expensive?

FMG better come through on this, although i suggest they save money and do not produce the truck peice which is useless for adding units to the game as it represents nothing. Better yet they could spend the money they saved on cool units like jet fighers.

• Hello everyone,

Long time reader, player and recent convert to the forum,

I have noticed that this thread is way off track.  If you read FMG’s initial post it is to provide better playing pieces for AA (AA50 in particular).  So the normal units are being offered along with additional (premium) pieces.

From a business point of view, each additional mold and playing piece is additional cost and it has to be absorbed by the business or the customer.  Unless you are willing to pay for it, please don’t ask for additional pieces that will not affect the AA50 game play.

From a player’s point of view (mine), I want everything under the sun but don’t really want to pay for it (or else, I would be buying premium pieces and hand painting it like some people on the board are doing).

Please bring this thread back on track as I have not heard from FMG regarding this project.

I personally am disappointed when I check to see if there is any new reply to this thread and find comments that are not relevant to the project.

These are my views and hopefully I am not the only one that feels that way.

If anyone wants to comment on this, please start a new thread.

Thank you,

Loyal follower and avid AA player.

• @gnasape:

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that this thread is way off track.  If you read FMG’s initial post it is to provide better playing pieces for AA (AA50 in particular).  So the normal units are being offered along with additional (premium) pieces.

From a business point of view, each additional mold and playing piece is additional cost and it has to be absorbed by the business or the customer.  Unless you are willing to pay for it, please don’t ask for additional pieces that will not affect the AA50 game play.

From a player’s point of view (mine), I want everything under the sun but don’t really want to pay for it (or else, I would be buying premium pieces and hand painting it like some people on the board are doing).

Please bring this thread back on track as I have not heard from FMG regarding this project.

I personally am disappointed when I check to see if there is any new reply to this thread and find comments that are not relevant to the project.

Thank you,

so you dont want people talking aobut adding new peices to the game?

but there is really nothing else to discuss. FMG has not given us any pics so what are is too be said.

most people have already stated what new models they would like to see for each country so unless you or someone else have some new idea’s this topic is pretty much dead except for the additional unit discusion

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@gnasape:

Hello everyone,

Thank you,

so you dont want people talking aobut adding new peices to the game?

but there is really nothing else to discuss. FMG has not given us any pics so what are is too be said.

most people have already stated what new models they would like to see for each country so unless you or someone else have some new idea’s this topic is pretty much dead except for the additional unit discusion

No, please discuss, but start a new thread as this was originally for the FMG AA50 playing pieces.

Has anyone else thought that maybe FMG has been scared away by the discussion on this thread?

From my perspective, it is a big financial risk and undertaking but with so many people asking/adding new units with limited resources and the price initially quoted as $59.99 (subject to change?), and everyone asking for this and that and losing focus from what the original project was intended for (new, better pieces than what AA50 has to offer).

Does a company try to please everyone or focus?  If it tries to please everyone by adding all the units, it might lead to poor quality or even worse units that no one will use, or focus on developing the core product (basic units) that players will use?  Once the product is established, additional premium units can be added on (and I’m sure FMG would love everyone’s inputs when the time comes) and the better units will be welcomed/embraced by the AA community.

Thank you,

• FMG is not ‘scared’ of anything. Without their input the discussion is still dealing with various pieces and how they would work and to give them some feedback on what pieces we would like to have. This is perfectly normal. Otherwise the thread would be void of posts if it was: “hey ill take a set of those” type of posts.

Our input is crucial to which pieces will be made and why and what they do.

Thats why i support them and sticky this thread. Again it is not off topic.

• Here’s a useless new unit idea: PT Boats, 1-1-2-3.

• @Adlertag:

The Nova game did not have elite infantry to every nation, it had one National Advantage, like Marines to USA, Radar to UK, SS-Panzer to Germany, Kamikaze to japan and mobile factories to USSR, if I remember correct.

If each nation should have an elite infantry, should this unit have the same ability for every nations ? US and Uk had large units of both marines and paratroopers, but Japan and USSR had almost none paratroopers. Should we split it ?

All elite infantry cost 4 IPC and move 1 space.

USA - Marines, attack at 2 in first combat round in Amphibious Assalt
    USA - Paratrooper, attack at 2 in first combat round when dropped from a bomber.

UK - Commandoes, attack at 2 in first combat round in Amphibious Assalt

USSR - Partisan, defend at 3 in all USSR home territories

Germany - Fallschirmjaeger, attack at 2 in first combat round when dropped from a bomber
    Germany - Panzergrenadier, attack at 2 with a matching tank

Japan - Imperial Marines, attack at 2 in first combat round in Amphibious Assalt

Italy - Alpini mountain divisions, defend at 3

or like this

US/ UK/USSR/Germany/Japan/Italy:
    Elite infantry - cost 4, move 1
    -Attack at 2 in first combat round in Amphibious Assalt
    -Attack at 2 in first combat round when dropped from a bomber
    -Defend at 3 in every home territory.

Is this balanced ?

You’re right, Nova didn’t have commandos for all five.  Sorry for the late self correction.

• FMG hasn’t been “scared” away.  They keep posting on the dice thread that they’ll soon have the pre-order post up.

What we should all probably be doing is promoting this on other forums that deal with WWII games so as to get more pre-orders.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

FMG hasn’t been “scared” away.  They keep posting on the dice thread that they’ll soon have the pre-order post up.

What we should all probably be doing is promoting this on other forums that deal with WWII games so as to get more pre-orders.

Thank you for the information!  Sorry I haven’t kept up with the dice thread as I assumed any information regarding the FMG unit project would be posted on this thread.  That’s a relief as the last post by FMG was on April 9, 2009 with the news that information was to be posted soon.  My apologies to everyone.

• happens

• still, the pre-order post should have been up by now.  I wonder why it’s taking so long.

• FMG, update please

• Man, where are they… :-o-oh no.  What if they’ve been intercepted by…The Man.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m