• Most of what I’ve seen on here has been complaints about the tac bomber shortage and WotC’s replys to complaint emails, but I’ve seen little about anything else. What about the board and the rulebook? Those mistakes are HUGE  :-o! I feel like it’s kind of unreasonable to ask them to send me a whole new map, and they probably don’t even have correct ones printed, but this is completely ridiculous. Does anyone know how they plan to address such blatant carelessness besides saying sorry and telling us to improvise?

• Unfortunately…. you answered your own question.  Sorry…  But look at the bright side.  The home brew stuff that some of the members are making to fix the WOTC’s mistakes are beautiful.  So there is is silver lining to the storm cloud.   :-D

• @McMan:

What about the board and the rulebook? Those mistakes are HUGE  :-o!

And some are just funny, like the CHINESE destroyer and submarine in the example at the bottom of page 11.

• Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?  :?

:-D

• @valthonis:

Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?   :?

They can but only if the Burma Road is open… and extended westward to Cairo.

• @allboxcars:

@valthonis:

Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?   :?

Lol I’m pretty sure it was a joke. Chinese have 1 Fighter, but otherwise can ONLY buy infantry if Burma Road isn’t open, and they can add Artillary if it’s open. They can’t get any other types of units at all.

• @Mino1124:

@allboxcars:

Lol I’m pretty sure it was a joke. Chinese have 1 Fighter, but otherwise can ONLY buy infantry if Burma Road isn’t open, and they can add Artillary if it’s open. They can’t get any other types of units at all.

:-o what??  :-o

OK somebody tell the Chinese infantry if anybody still has the receipt for their shovel…

• I got my 6 tac bombers today and new battle strip. Kudos WOTC you came thru!!!

• @trackmagic:

I got my 6 tac bombers today and new battle strip. Kudos WOTC you came thru!!!

so how was their condition?

• Good. I noticed one of the tac bombers had a light color area of the wing like it got bent (you know how plastic turns white when it gets stretched?) It wasn’t bad though. Probably happened in shipping.

• How were they shipped, in a padded envelope or boxed?

• In an envelope. I think it had the bubble-wrap in the inside, but I don’t recall.  Was there another thread that complained about the packaging or something?

I don’t think the packaging was inappropriate. It seemed to do the trick. I wouldn’t complain about that light spot on my tac bomber’s wing. I’m sure after I played a few more times it would be there anyways.

• Just got my new battle strip and 6 tac bombers too. Thanks for coming through, WOTC!

Unfortunately, due to them being shipped in an unpadded envelope, one of the tac bombers had its vertical stabilizer broken off….But I guess I  can live with that.

• Weird, I got mine today as well, but my tact bombers were in a ANZFAC storage box, yes they shipped the box too)
    I was a little confused by it until I opened the ANZFAC box.

• @Incline:

Just got my new battle strip and 6 tac bombers too. Thanks for coming through, WOTC!

Unfortunately, due to them being shipped in an unpadded envelope, one of the tac bombers had its vertical stabilizer broken off….But I guess I  can live with that.

similar thing with mine. 2 others had fatigue creases in the wings butt I’m happy they came through

• #558  Do not delete me please.

LOL… your too funny!!

• Hey all, i haven’t posted in a little while.

I’m going to order an AAP1940 today, but was wondering if there are still issues?

Do i still need to email them about a new battle strip?

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

One last question, other then that is there anything else that i will need?

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

Sorry for ignorance on the matter, i was reading through this thread, but just want to make sure before i order.

• '10

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

mention it in the battle strip email and they will send you 6 additional japanese tac bombers

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

yes, check the errata for updates to the setup and rules

• Great, thank you!

What is the email address?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@johnnymarr:

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m