• The Red Baron looks great. Here is the you tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoVUU3b3S7M

• I saw this movie.

One of my close friends who is a movie reviewer got a copy of it. It is kinda low budget, but not cheesy.

• All quiet… and Gallipoli got my vote :wink:

• World War One should get discussed more on this site.

• @ABWorsham:

World War One should get discussed more on this site.

It needs its own forum, any chance of this IL?

• not unless we get a game from larry under AA name. Other than that it’s place is the war history thread

• @Jermofoot:

A Very Long Engagement.
    I swear to you, even though it’s only centered around WW1, you’ll love it, you’ll SO will love it too.  It’s the best guy AND girl movie I’ve ever seen.  It’s got something for everyone.  Check it out - seriously.

Just a heads up though, it’s in French with subtitles.  By the same dude who made and starring the same chick from Amelie.

Don’t know that I’d go with best WWI but that is a lovely movie. If you enjoyed Amelie you’ll probably find something in A Very Long Engagement to like as well. One of those films I thought I was the only one to see it.

• @frimmel:

@Jermofoot:

A Very Long Engagement.
    I swear to you, even though it’s only centered around WW1, you’ll love it, you’ll SO will love it too.  It’s the best guy AND girl movie I’ve ever seen.  It’s got something for everyone.  Check it out - seriously.

Just a heads up though, it’s in French with subtitles.  By the same dude who made and starring the same chick from Amelie.

Don’t know that I’d go with best WWI but that is a lovely movie. If you enjoyed Amelie you’ll probably find something in A Very Long Engagement to like as well. One of those films I thought I was the only one to see it.

Yeah, I know…that’s why I put a little disclaimer.  But it still reflects a lot about WW1: trench warfare, biplanes, no man’s land, barrage balloons, etc.  It’s just the back drop but that movie is great.

And I wasn’t particularly fond of Amelie.  It was a nice change, I just felt that it was missing something essential.

• I actually saw Gallipoli tonight. Even though it had probably one of the saddest, albeit predictable, movie ending ever, I thought the movie was fantastic. One of my favorite movies now. The only other wwi movie i saw was flyboys and that was good wasn’t magnificent but was pretty damn good.  Is All quiet as good as I heard it to be? Im afraid it will be rather predictable and lose its value. plus this is 2010 and a lot of movies are ruined by time.  :mrgreen: ( like afro movies ;) )

• Dolemite has only gotten better with time.

• Is the version of All Quiet on the Western Front from 1979 film with Richard Thomas and Ernest Borgnine the version that you guys are talking about?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m