• '10

Per LH 1/7/10

I will post the Global game’s turn sequence on Monday 11 Jan, 2010…

dont know if he was being serious though

• @johnnymarr:

Per LH 1/7/10

I will post the Global game’s turn sequence on Monday 11 Jan, 2010…

dont know if he was being serious though

Do you have a link?  Thanks!

• '10

• Japan
    Russia/France
    Germany
    USA/China
    Italy
    UK/ANZAC

This is the only possible set-up where the minors cant be used as can openers. I bet my reputation that this is the correct order that mr. Lawrence Harris will post next monday.

• @Razor:

Japan
    Russia/France
    Germany
    USA/China
    Italy
    UK/ANZAC

This is the only possible set-up where the minors cant be used as can openers. I bet my reputation that this is the correct order that mr. Lawrence Harris will post next monday.

So… you’re thinking France moves before Germany?

• @allboxcars:

Why not? The game begins just after Germany attacked Holland/ Belgium and France. If Germany moves before France, France will be finished before they even got a turn… So I just think it is possible that France will move before Germany.

• @Micoom:

@allboxcars:

Why not? The game begins just after Germany attacked Holland/ Belgium and France. If Germany moves before France, France will be finished before they even got a turn… So I just think it is possible that France will move before Germany.

Well anything’s possible.
    But with only one territory to focus on, I wouldn’t want to see France beef up their defences on F1 to the point that they stand a serious, solid chance of repelling the G1.
    So if they go before the blitzkrieg they’d have to have very little at set-up.

But hey, anything’s possible.

• Customizer

Just posted this morning…

And the turn sequence for the Global game (combined AAP40 and AAE40) is:
    1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

• @bcguitars:

Just posted this morning…

And the turn sequence for the Global game (combined AAP40 and AAE40) is:
    1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

Posted where / by whom?

• Customizer

@allboxcars:

Posted where / by whom?

harrisgamedesign.com, by Larry Harris.

• @bcguitars:

@allboxcars:

Posted where / by whom?

harrisgamedesign.com, by Larry Harris.

excellent!  Thanks for the heads-up :-D

• And the turn sequence for the Global game (combined AAP40 and AAE40) is:
    **3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC

7. United States
    8. China**

I didn’t see this coming. This new turn order will totally change the Pacific game. Now UK/ANZAC become can-openers that can kill japanese blockers so USA can move a big fleet through and clean up. UK make the Breakethrough and US follow up with Exploitation. Maybe the global game will get a new set-up for the Pacific ?

Oh, and karma to you bcguitars, for posting this before IL, he he

• I posted the global game turn sequence in the europe portion of the forum. its from larry’s wedsite and he posted it himself.

• @Razor:

Japan
    Russia/France
    Germany
    USA/China
    Italy
    UK/ANZAC

Well at least it was only your reputation, that was debatable anyway!!! LOL :-o

At least you didn’t make any side bets, but then again you probably would have paid us off w/IPC’s anyway.  :-D

• Seriously I was leaning to the AA50 (1941) turn order, which this basically is. I would have thought that if every power had its own turn (as it will) that the UK could have stayed where it is, but the Anz would be slid down and go after US.
        Germany should start off.
        Russia normally goes early (no surprise hear).
        Japan should go 1st in the Pacific (for obvious reasons)
        Uk before Italy (thinking of the Med).
    ***Anz (I was also shocked they go before US)
        Italy (expected to be hear but could still can opener w/France gone and not much US presence)
        US is normally the last major power to go.
        China glad to see they get their own turn. They won’t be able to open doors for UK/US, only reinforce
        France should have never been allowed to start before Germany (wouldn’t want them to evacuate Paris and counter attack). This is a good place for them, because it also allows Italy to clobber them. Won’t have to worry about FF or VF, because there won’t be any French. LOL

The French navy will start off as a shell of what it was (showing what was scuttled or lost to UK attacks). What survives the German/Italian assault will stay French, and I guess move on the French turn. This most likely gives control of the French fleet to the US (turn order), as it will just be used to reinforce US positions. I would like to see a way for the Axis to get control of part of the French fleet, but I won’t hold my breath.

• There goes Razor reputation, not much though

This turn sequence is pretty evident. Since major Axis powers during WWII (Japan and Germany) all used the element of surprise, it is only natural that they start before the other power.

First, Germany takes France. Followed by a weak Russia that tries to prepare troops. Followed by Japan initiative in the Pacific and Asia.

Then UK + Anzac play. I was really hoping Anzac and UK to be merged into one single power (to make UK stronger), but it looks like Anzac will have a “Chinese” role. (Annoying Japan with its submarine and transports)

I fail to see how UK + Anzac can be can opener for USA. If the setup is like AAP40, all they can do is to annoy and divert Japan’s troops.

Italy will be able to can open for Germany though. But this shouldn’t be a big issue until the latest turns (assuming that there are 6 territories between Germany and Russia). Germany will need to build a lot of mech + tank before the trick work.

USA and China going last is not really an issue.

• WOW…now that is an interesting turn of events for the global game…should be VERY fascinating

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m