• Here is the problem….what japan has that starts on mainland asia, in contact with what is china, is sufficent to strangle china, each turn, if you crawl south-west with your infantry and artillery, and china trys to hold the road (logical strategy) then you just choke them. they lose 3 territores a turn, and so long as britain doesnt declare war early, then you just roll over china

as UK you NEED to get china an AA gun, negating the japanese advatage which is:
    Japan can win any one fight on the mainland by throwing 10 or so planes in with its land forces.

UK 1 I build an AA gun now, and send one to burma, ready to move it into china when war starts.

Soviet forces on the border with japan could change alot of the mechanics of the china battle. The jap player wont empty korea and manchuria for long, EVEN IF USSR cant attack them untill a condition is met somewhere, just because it feels ackward to leave border territories empty, with 4 or so infantry and who knows what else on the other side.

• The AA gun is critical.  I also buy an AA move it to China, and place the second AA in Burma.  The Burma AA makes it tough for any SBR on India, meaning you get three sets of AA roles if they conduct SBR on the mainland.  My oponnent the other day recognized this and tried to set up shop in Sumatra to SBR.

• @RogertheShrubber:

The AA gun is critical.  I also buy an AA move it to China, and place the second AA in Burma.  The Burma AA makes it tough for any SBR on India, meaning you get three sets of AA roles if they conduct SBR on the mainland.  My oponnent the other day recognized this and tried to set up shop in Sumatra to SBR.

AAP40Rulebook>page25>Antiaircraft Guns>paragraph2>
    “Air Defense:  An antiaircraft gun can only fire at an air unit when that unit attacks the territory containing that antiaircraft gun.  It does not contribute to the defense of industrial complexes, airbase, or naval bases.  These facilities are considered to have their own built-in antiaircraft defense system.”

Only 1 die for each strategic bomber.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

China can win but only through counter-attack, you can’t beat Japan by blocking thier path with units on defence.

Instead, let them take ground for FREE during thier move, and then counter thier infantry 1 at a time through counter-attacks.  This severely limits the amount of troops japan can keep on the ground, and in turn, restricts the amount of aircraft they can use to support them (Because Japan is not likely to suicide fgts and tac bmb’s into plain chinese infantry)

This has been an effective method, each time I’ve used it.  It helps the allied effort, by forcing japan to commit more and more troops.

In short - Play hide and seek with Japanese Aircraft.

• @BadSpeller:

@RogertheShrubber:

The AA gun is critical.  I also buy an AA move it to China, and place the second AA in Burma.  The Burma AA makes it tough for any SBR on India, meaning you get three sets of AA roles if they conduct SBR on the mainland.  My oponnent the other day recognized this and tried to set up shop in Sumatra to SBR.

AAP40Rulebook>page25>Antiaircraft Guns>paragraph2>
    “Air Defense:  An antiaircraft gun can only fire at an air unit when that unit attacks the territory containing that antiaircraft gun.  It does not contribute to the defense of industrial complexes, airbase, or naval bases.  These facilities are considered to have their own built-in antiaircraft defense system.”

Only 1 die for each strategic bomber.

Sorry I still play a lot of classic and AAE, and we carry over that rule to the games in my play group.  My bad.

• @!ACHTUNG!:

@Gargantua:

China can win but only through counter-attack, you can’t beat Japan by blocking thier path with units on defence.

Instead, let them take ground for FREE during thier move, and then counter thier infantry 1 at a time through counter-attacks.  This severely limits the amount of troops japan can keep on the ground, and in turn, restricts the amount of aircraft they can use to support them (Because Japan is not likely to suicide fgts and tac bmb’s into plain chinese infantry)

This has been an effective method, each time I’ve used it.  It helps the allied effort, by forcing japan to commit more and more troops.

WOW, YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE PLAYED THIS VERSION A LOT. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME? WORD ON THE STREET IS ONCE. SHOULD YOU REALLY BE OFFERING ADVICE TO ANYONE AT THIS POINT??

Word is on the street that you should let go of the SHIFT button once in a while.

• @Woodstock:

@!ACHTUNG!:

@Gargantua:

WOW, YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE PLAYED THIS VERSION A LOT. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME? WORD ON THE STREET IS ONCE. SHOULD YOU REALLY BE OFFERING ADVICE TO ANYONE AT THIS POINT??

Word is on the street that you should let go of the SHIFT button once in a while.

QFT!

How many alter ego’s does aldertag have?

Seriously though, I played one game the other day as Japan and the allied player just gave up with China after a few turns.  If you can convince the allied played that China is a no hoper like AA50, there is half the battle won.  He just turtled in Burma with all the Brits and I slowly advanced and took them out.  he hid his fleet in British waters too off the coast of India doing nothing with it for the entire game.

Once Britain was gone it was game over as I had 6 cities.

I think China could be a major headache to Japan.  But in this scenario where I went all out for Britain first, China is dependent on ANZAC and USA doing something to force Japan’s hand further west.

• I have played 3 gmaes of PAC40, and a million of all other varients.
    There ain’t no way for China to win if Japan doesn’t want them to, same goes for india.
    Ther is a chance that India can hold out long enough for the US and ANZAC to come to the rescue but only with great playing skill and Tremendous Dice rolling.

I do agree though, either China is too weak or probably more accuratly, Japan is too strong.

• Yesterday I played my first game as “Allies” and won. We always play “lowluck”, but still I had the luck the Japanese - after a great agressive turn 1! - in wich they killed UK swiftly, went for Anzac and failed to take out both the Chinese and Anzac.

My intention at the start of this game was to pump US and Anzac fighters into UK and China for defense. This plan horribly failed. I could only bring fighters to Siam or Malaya (from airbase at Queensland), but this was/is not safe at all.

How to solve this? How can the allies get these planes to UK safely? Built an airbase in east Australia (what’s the territory’s name?) so fighters can fly directly to India…or what?

• How many IPC China has in the first round?
    12 or 18?  (including Burma Road immediatly?)

• china starts with 12 IPC cash on hand
    by the end of their first turn they have around 15 IPC if they get back their bonus

• Last game I tried running with China, just backing up and blocking and eventually stacked 16 plus the flying tiger somewhere up in the North.  It did distract a decent amount of Japanese ground units.

• @spectre_04:

Last game I tried running with China, just backing up and blocking and eventually stacked 16 plus the flying tiger somewhere up in the North.  It did distract a decent amount of Japanese ground units.

For the most part, distraction is all China can do. It allows the British some breathing room against the Japanese. If you’re lucky they can even hold down the mainland for two turns, eating away at the time you have to wait for US reinforcements. In the end, I’ve found them more a nuisance for the Japanese and a mild rear-guard for the Brits.

• Its the UK I feel bad for, by turn 3 or 4 they are down to 2-4 IPCs a turn, esp with Jap subs next to India.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m