Will They Make It Up For Us In Europe?

• While I absolutely love the game.  I won my first game against a good opponent in a slugfest that had plenty of twists and turns as America on round 10 last night!  The map looks great, and the rules and pieces are amazing.
    But the battleboard sucks, the NPC chart is lame, there arent enough tactical bombers (I didnt have this problem) but I was short on chips and it seems like Avalon Hill didnt pick up their end of the bargain (game looks great, poor presentation).
    Do you guys have any idea if AAEurope40 will be a super game in the likes of AA50 with amazing battleboards, charts, and other little touches that made the game so memorable.  It just didnt feel like it here.  Do you think for the ‘super game’ Avalon Hill will spend the extra money and make it on par with AA50?

• after all the complaints that WOTC has received concerning the pieces and the battle strip and the errors in the rulebook…we will have to just wait and see…but im getting europe anyway…its gonna be a blast to play A&A on the large board when combined

• I am too.  I dont have AA50, so Pacific40 is easily the best axis and allies game I have ever played…feels like a masterpiece that misses the pieces.

• i also hope that A&AE40 is just like PAC40…they had better make any cosmetic changes to the board that were not in PAC40…otherwise it outdates the game and the global version of the game wont match each board…

• @RJL518:

i also hope that A&AE40 is just like PAC40…they had better make any cosmetic changes to the board that were not in PAC40…otherwise it outdates the game and the global version of the game wont match each board…

Now that is actually what those little Lizzards of the Coast are gonna do, they make the upcoming AAEurope all different, and then they make another Pacific edition that match the upcoming Europe, so everybody will have to buy the new Pacific edition in 2011. That is how Lizzards do bussiness.

• +2 karma to the RAZOR Blade

• …and all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant Lizzard.

• @RJL518:

after all the complaints that WOTC has received concerning the pieces and the battle strip and the errors in the rulebook…we will have to just wait and see…but im getting europe anyway…its gonna be a blast to play A&A on the large board when combined

You (and people like you) are the reason they made a low quality $90 game.  “they did a terrible job but i’m going to buy it anyway” wtf?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Bridger:

@RJL518:

after all the complaints that WOTC has received concerning the pieces and the battle strip and the errors in the rulebook…we will have to just wait and see…but im getting europe anyway…its gonna be a blast to play A&A on the large board when combined

You (and people like you) are the reason they made a low quality $90 game.  “they did a terrible job but i’m going to buy it anyway” wtf?

And you would recommend what? Playing 2nd edition for the rest of our lives?

• Europe will be close to the same crap that Pacific is because the same people work for WOTC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m