• The game is fun… and I’m looking forward to enjoying it for years.

However, it is terribly overpriced, even at the $63 for which I bought it online.  It’s cardboard and plastic.  Fine.  I don’t need it to be fancy.  But 4 lbs. of cardboard and plastic retailing at $90?  Don’t think so.

AA42 sold for $30, no?

-M

• My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

What are they basing that on? Have WotC said it’s limited? Larry Harris? Imperious Leader said it wasn’t limited, and he seemed fairly certain. There seems no reason to doubt it since there is no clear statement to the contrary from the powers that be.

Maybe they’ll keep making the game until Europe comes out, then after they’ve been making both for a while, they’ll stop making Pacific and then a little later they’ll stop making Europe. So not limited to a specific number, but limited to a specific production period? I’m making that up, but it might be a possibility; Pacific available for one year, Europe available for one year, then done.

• Official Q&A

I have heard nothing to indicate that this is a planned limited edition, for what that’s worth.  I think the fact that the old Europe and Pacific are now out of print is a good indication that these will be around for a while.  Of course, poor sales numbers could change that outlook.

• @Army:

My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

What are they basing that on? Have WotC said it’s limited? Larry Harris? Imperious Leader said it wasn’t limited, and he seemed fairly certain. There seems no reason to doubt it since there is no clear statement to the contrary from the powers that be.

Maybe they’ll keep making the game until Europe comes out, then after they’ve been making both for a while, they’ll stop making Pacific and then a little later they’ll stop making Europe. So not limited to a specific number, but limited to a specific production period? I’m making that up, but it might be a possibility; Pacific available for one year, Europe available for one year, then done.

The owner did not say what it was based on. I called the shop to see if they had it in stock and since this post was here questioning whether or not it will be a limited edition I decided to ask. He said it will be a limited edition but did not indicate if limited meant copies or production time. I was going to wait to pick up this game but when he said it was a limited edition I had him put one on hold when he gets his shipment tomorrow. Shipment was delayed due to the snow storm we had last week.

• Maybe the box with the typo will be the limited edition. :-D

• '10

@Lozmoid:

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

I never use the battleboard….am I in the minority on this?

• too many new units. I may be more in use than before. I would use it for larger battles because it may get confusing.

What i don’t use is the IPC track. I write the income down and have for 30 years.

• I never use the battle board but I do use the IPC track.

• @Battlingmaxo:

@Lozmoid:

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

I never use the battleboard….am I in the minority on this?

I only use the battleboards for big or sometimes just important battles (for the fun of it, and to keep track of losses). I haven’t played FTF with any post-AAR versions, but I imagine I’d do the same with their battleboards as well.

• Yeah I don’t use the battleboard except that it makes a good visual aid for new players. So that is why I would like to have one that is at least correct. Shame on WOTC for not giving us a quality product.

(Rank = 72)

• What scares me if newer player buy this game and see all those mistakes!!! How are they supposed to play the game as it is at the moment?? They will have to find this website or another to get the official rules

• Krieghund is part of the game design process and is someone who should know what is going on.  I am sure he will check on this subject and let us know.

He said:

I have heard nothing to indicate that this is a planned limited edition, for what that’s worth.  I think the fact that the old Europe and Pacific are now out of print is a good indication that these will be around for a while.  Of course, poor sales numbers could change that outlook.

I hope he’s right.

• Well if your worried about it, then buy as many copies as you want now while you can.

• @Brain:

Well if your worried about it, then buy as many copies as you want now while you can.

At the price they’re charging in the UK?  :-o I think I might need to talk to my bank manager  :evil:

@Craig:

I know that Krieghund said that, but I was talking about going further and talking to Larry about.  To get clarification.

This is worth doing. It would be best getting it from the man himself.

• Official Q&A

Where do you think I heard it?  :wink:

• @Krieghund:

Where do you think I heard it?  :wink:

Those little voices in your head. :-D

• Yope has the inside line, Krieg talks to Larry, and IL is “in the know”.

• The Game Shoppe in town said the purchase sheet he got from WOC said this release of AAP40 is a deluxe version and will be like AA50 and another Pacific will be released later like AA1942. Same goes with AAE40. He also said that WOC expects this AAP40 to be sold out in early January 2010.

• '19

I think I would trust Krieghund over your local dude who runs a game shop and isnt involved in the game.

• I guess time will tell.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m