Hey,
        So any predictions on winners for the BCS? I am rooting for the Frogs! The boys at TCU pulled through…

GG

• I got my fingers crossed that my Hawkeyes are playing in the warm sun down in Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl.  I keep hearing a Boise State vs. Iowa matchup could be in the mix.

• One thing that bugs me is USC consistently loses 3-4 games and STILL GETS A BOWL BID, while a team with one loss gets nothing.

USC has had a number of decent seasons, but they can be 6th place in the pac ten and still get a bowl in front of the other 5 teams ahead of it.

If that is not some kind of pay off i don’t know what is.

• Don’t fear IL, U$C will only get a ‘lesser bowl’ this year. They have however won the requisite six games required to be bowl eligible and they are a reasonable TV draw. Bowls are business and teams that bring in the viewers get to play.

@RogertheShrubber:

I got my fingers crossed that my Hawkeyes are playing in the warm sun down in Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl.  I keep hearing a Boise State vs. Iowa matchup could be in the mix.

I’m pulling for the Hawks as well. I think they’d match up great against Boise or TCU with their good secondary and DL. If they get their RBs healthy they’ll be a good representative of the Big Ten. If a second Big Ten team is going to be in a BCS game it will likely be the Hawks edging PeeSU. But both teams ‘travel well.’

Rose Bowl is decided with Ohio State (GO BUCKS!!!) and Oregon.

NCG will probably be SEC champion (Bama or Florida) vs. Texas assuming the Horns take care of buisness.

Orange Bowl is likely ACC champion (Georgia Tech seems most likely) vs. Cincinnati.

Sugar Bowl is Bama/Florida loser against the best team the Fiesta didn’t want.

Fiesta is about anybody’s guess. The big thing for this one is Texas not getting upset in the Big 12 championship. They’ll get the first pick of the at-larges, plus the first replacement pick if Texas goes to the NCG so they’ll be basically free to pick their match-up. I’m liking TCU/Boise State vs. Iowa for this one or even TCU vs. Boise possible sending Iowa to the Sugar?

• USC does not deserve to be ranked or play in a bowl game.

• @Brain:

USC does not deserve to be ranked or play in a bowl game.

I have to disagree with you on that but Petey gets a serious pass for losing to teams he has no business losing too at least once a season. I’m no fan of U$C but they are a decent football team especially having a true frosh QB.

It really stings that we couldn’t find a way to stop McKnight and beat those guys in The Shoe.

Woohoo! TCU vs Boise at the Fiesta Bowl! The Frogs are going to kick booty…

GG

• Well, I got all the teams but got a bit mixed up on who went where. I keep hearing about how the “Big Ten is down” but here they’ve got two teams in BCS games.

Hawks actually make the Orange Bowl an interesting match up this time around.

Is anyone giving Cincy a shot against the Gators?

• Yeah I think the Hawks match up well with GT.  In the past we have the defended option well.  But we haven’t defended a triple option.  I think with over a month to prepare we should be ready.  We really needed Texas to beat Neb to get in, gotta say i was sweating bullets over that game.

• As far as Cincy with the Gators that is tough to tell.  Cincy has the best “pair” of QB’s in the country.  I am not sure if they can get it going against Florida.  Pitt has a very good D and they really struggled with them early in that game, but Florida is one of the tops in the country.  But on the same token they did get pretty exposed by Bama (yet again Bama has a top national defense as well.)  All I know is I Tebow is going to fight in that game tooth and nail, but I am still rooting for the little guy.  I hope Cincy stays competitive.

• I’m seeing a UGA-Hawaii redux from a couple of years ago. I hope Cincy pulls it off but I’m pretty sure they end up getting pummelled.

• Go Hawks!!!  Win yet another January bowl game!

• If only we had a playoff system.

I think Alabama will beat Texas. The Horns cannot run the ball, which makes them very easy to defend againist. Alabama will match them with top blue-chip talent.

Thought TCU and Boise State got slapped in the face. We all know that the powers inside the BCS could not allow a small school the chance to compete with a ‘big money’ school.

• Down with the BCS system!

Come on, Obama, do something useful and get us a tournament (playoff)!

• All the BCS system was meant to do was create a situation where No. 1 plays No. 2. which was not the case in the ‘old’ system. If No. 1 was the Pac-10 champ and No. 2 was the Big 12 champ they did not play a bowl game against each other.

Now at least No. 1 plays No. 2. The National Champion has always been ‘mythical’ at present it is the least mythical it has ever been.

The BCS gives benifits teams like TCU and Boise State a great deal. In the ‘old’ system they would not get a chance to play in one of the big four bowl games.

• 2007 AAR League

@Guerrilla:

GG

if i were you i’d actually be mad GG.  the BCS screwed both the non BCS league teams again.  Instead of letting them beat BCS league teams, the BCS criminals just had both those teams play each other.

its time for a playoff, just like every other college sport and pro sport.  enough of the money grabbing deals.

• @balungaloaf:

@Guerrilla:

GG

if i were you i’d actually be mad GG.  the BCS screwed both the non BCS league teams again.  Instead of letting them beat BCS league teams, the BCS criminals just had both those teams play each other.

its time for a playoff, just like every other college sport and pro sport.  enough of the money grabbing deals.

I thought the same as you, balung.  TCU playing Boise State is a cheap cop-out.  What a joke.  No BCS busting for them.  I read an article where they thought all the match ups were just so great (si.com), but I’m not seeing it.
    Bah.  I’ve actually converted to liking the NFL, where they have a real playoff, and everyone plays most of the other teams during the regular season.  In college, teams are so inconsistent it seems like.  And they don’t play anyone for like a month before their bowl game?  That’s stupid.
    While I’m ranting on College football (which I really enjoy watching, btw) what’s the deal with coaches getting paid millions, but their players can’t take 5 bucks?  It’s a mess.  I’ll stop now.

I understand, but getting to a bowl game period? That’s something to be proud of. If we were to discuss whether College Athletics really favors the athlete over the school, than I would have to consult every single “based on a true story” Hollywood College athletics movie.

GG

• This college football season will end with some teams going undeated without a face off. That’s sad.

• @ABWorsham:

This college football season will end with some teams going undeated without a face off. That’s sad.

That’s a good point.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m