How is 1940 Pacific going to BALANCE with 1940 Europe?

• '22

Only the Yanks and Limeys are using the Inch-scale, and the rest of the world is using the Metric-scale, so the minority is still on the upperhand it looks like, :evil:

• it happens from time to time

• Remember the golden rule:

Those who have the gold make the rules. (and rulers) :-D

• What is that gold stuff? Some sort of arch-technobabble? Money today is a virtual stuff, the modern deity!  :lol:

• @xzorn:

Consider that, globally, Japan will never have to conquer the US. You act as if that should be achievable. Japan, conquering the US. That would be, and should be, impossible unless the US messes up big time. Japan’s goal with the US is to keep him bottled up and waste resources that should be going to Europe so Germany can push into Russia.

How do all of your Axis and Allies games end?  The reason one side gives up is because this outcome is inevitable by the game’s conclusion, due to the economic swing.  In AA50, if Japan gets all her NOs and most of Asia you’re looking at a 65+ IPC monster against a maybe 40 IPC US.  If Japan didn’t screw up too badly in taking all of Asia and still has a sizeable portion of her fleet intact, there’s no way the US can win, barring the dice roll of the century.  It’s simple economics, as those extra 25 IPCs a turn add up to a likely victory.  It’s even more apparent in AA50 since the US has to split those 40 IPCs to DEFEND both Eastern and Western USA against German/Italian AND Japanese fleets by Axis end-game.

However, America ISN’T in this game going to be threatened by Germany, whereas Japan has at least two fronts going for it (India, Aus, AND the US).  I assume if the Japan player is smart they’ll nip India in the bud as early as possible while the US isn’t in the war.  But even with most of her NOs nearly taken, how is Japan supposed to compete againt a a one-front USA?

• Will there be NO’s in this game ?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Once the Japanese have all of China and India and Australia, and the Germans and Italians can attack the US, the game is over anyway. Conquering the US is feasible, but it won’t be that deciding factor that turns the tide. The axis will have already gotten the permanent upper hand.

• @xzorn:

Once the Japanese have all of China and India and Australia, and the Germans and Italians can attack the US, the game is over anyway. Conquering the US is feasible, but it won’t be that deciding factor that turns the tide. The axis will have already gotten the permanent upper hand.

Most likely.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@SgtBlitz:

I assume if the Japan player is smart they’ll nip India in the bud as early as possible while the US isn’t in the war.  But even with most of her NOs nearly taken, how is Japan supposed to compete againt a a one-front USA?

Japan cannot attack UK territories without triggering the US entrance into the war.

This is why the invasion of Hong Kong occured December 8th, 1 day after Pearl Harbour, because the Japanese knew that once they attacked the UK or ANZAC the US would not be long to hit them back.
    I expect the move for Japan will reflect this, as it does in J1 of AA50 with a simultaneous attack on Hawaii, Hong Kong, and the Philipenes.

As to how will they compete? I dont know, the US is a long way away from India… I can’t wait to find out!

It will be fun to see how a forced KJF strategy works within this new structure.

• @Brain:

@Todd7912:

WOW! Color me shades of plastic pieces. I just found out about these games today. I can’t wait!

What, did you just crawl out from under a rock.

under a rock in a cave in South-American rainforest :D

• @xzorn:

Once the Japanese have all of China and India and Australia, and the Germans and Italians can attack the US, the game is over anyway. Conquering the US is feasible, but it won’t be that deciding factor that turns the tide. The axis will have already gotten the permanent upper hand.

Yes, but this scenario ISN’T possible with the Pacific game, as the US has only ONE FRONT to deal with.  There has to be some rule that lets Japan grab as much as she can BEFORE the US enters the war b/c she’ll HAVE to have equal footing for there to be a “fair” game.  Otherwise its just fighting against the dice the whole time.

• @SgtBlitz:

@xzorn:

Yes, but this scenario ISN’T possible with the Pacific game, as the US has only ONE FRONT to deal with.  There has to be some rule that lets Japan grab as much as she can BEFORE the US enters the war b/c she’ll HAVE to have equal footing for there to be a “fair” game.  Otherwise its just fighting against the dice the whole time.

No doubt xzorn was talking about the combined game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m