• @superbattleshipyamato @Tamer-of-Beasts it works with some very light edits. @Tamer-of-Beasts are you down for a game?

• @the_good_captain I’m down, though I am not sure how to go about the edits.

• @tamer-of-beasts the edits arent too bad. tripleA won’t let you keep units in the same territory as your enemy without rolling combat so you have to edit your guys out and usually replace them with “true neutral” units so that combat wont be rolled in that contested territory where you just want to play defense. also the engine doesnt allow for the subs to submerge past round 1 when they are the defending unit. also tripleA without editing doesnt let you move your fighter 2 spaces through an enemy force or across a seazone (UK to picardy for example).

• after the combat phase is over you edit out the true neutrals and replace them with your nations dudes again. the Good captain will fill you in and help out. you also have to edit the map manually if the russian revolution is triggered. another one is that if the british capture belgium from the germans then the game gives control of belgium to the British but that territory should always go to France.

• @theveteran thanks!

• @tamer-of-beasts you’re welcome. ive played 11 games of 1914 on tripleA with @The_Good_Captain and im on game 6 of 1914 on tripleA with @Ragnell804

• @superbattleshipyamato

Download the file from this link and then follow the instructions below. Let me know if that gets it working. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6l8ni5rzkruakro/world_war_i_1914.zip/file

You have to move the unzipped map to the downloadedMaps folder in the folder where you installed Triplea. Reboot the game and look for 1914.

• @the_good_captain

Thanks! I’ll try it sometime.

Oh, a few questions before we start:

Keep in mind I only played the game a few times and only against myself, so expect me to blunder like crazy.

Are these the original rules?

Which side is the game unbalanced towards? Make me that side (as in, the one that has an advantage because the game isn’ perfectly balanced).

• @superbattleshipyamato sending you a PM

• I’ve been cooking up and plan to have the Red Army invade Turkey and taking the War into the Balkans, outflanking a German move to push deep into Russia.

• @abworsham4 in my experience this works only if you are NOT using the Russian Revolution rule. Otherwise, the Russian army will disappear off the board fairly quickly.

• 2024 2023 '22

@abworsham4

That’ll be fun.

• more like putting russia on a fast and easy track to revolution… which will make those units in or next to constantinople surrender immediately.

• @ABWorsham4

Playtested it:

2023-8-7-World-War-I-1914.tsvg

The Russians were certainly weakened but still held out well against the Germans and Austro-Hungarians.

They were real devastating though against the Ottomans. They killed many Ottoman units and acted as a crucial can-opener, speeding up the fall of Constantinople by 2-3 turns. While this caused several Ottoman territories to become dead income after Moscow fell, the British still were making a respectable amount of income.

Overall though, the game seemed to be in the hands of the Allies at this point.

The British were making good headway throughout the Balkans and Eastern Europe, but they committed a fatal mistake which I think changed the tide of the game.

Moscow was captured by the Germans. The British liberated Moscow but forgot to retake a single territory bordering Moscow (Belarus was fully in reach and empty, but the British forgoed that one infantry in favour of attacking the Germans in Galicia, as the British needed that extra infantry to have the power/pips advantage), creating the Russian Revolution.

While this allowed the British to gain the income from the Ottoman territories captured by the Russians, the British lost the formerly Russian territories recaptured from the Germans and Austro-Hungarians and were robbed of a shortcut to Romania (from India to Romania through Sevatatpol takes 3 turns, from India to Romania through Constantinople takes 6 turns). The Allies also lost the aid of a Russian battleship on their side.

Meanwhile, Germany pushed through France, after having built up a rather shockingly large army on the Western front when nobody was looking, shattering every French army in front of them in one round of combat, capturing Paris in one round of combat, shocking everyone.

Austria-Hungary was crumbling at less than 30 IPCs, Italy was holding out, and the Americans were coming in steadily, and nobody thought Germany had the might to launch such an offensive.

Along with the Russian Revolution, this titled the game in favour of the Central Powers.

Germany then used this army to crush American forces in France (again, in one turn of combat, that’s how many German units there were), while pushing into Italy and Spain.

Germany was making 70+ IPCs, and the fall of France allowed the Germans to devote their full attention to repelling the British, which caused the Allies to slowly retreat away from Vienna.

With little to no reinforcements, the German army that captured Paris utterly crushed Italy and repelled American landings.

In the last few turns, with the British in full retreat from the Balkans, the Germans built up a huge navy and beat the Allied fleets into submission in a single battle in sea zone 9, annihilating most of the Allied navy in one turn.

The only thing stopping the liberation of Constantinople and the destruction of vulnerable American transports was the achievement of victory conditions after Germany captured Rome and the retaking of Paris from an unexpected American amphibious landing from the north of France.

Overall, a major Russian attack into the Balkans isn’t the worst idea, and with the game being imbalanced towards the Allies the game is certainly still winnable as the Allies and helps spice things up as well. It was later Allied mistakes that caused the victory of the Central Powers.

• @SuperbattleshipYamato sounds like a fun game

• @TheVeteran

It sure was!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m