• @Brain:

Yeah, the smurfs in the movie will probably put up a better fight than Norway did against Germany.

Yes, butt we did not have Very Large Creatures to support us.

• @Imperious:

It looks like Starship Troopers or jar jar binks planet farce, except with a love story.

1. humans need raw materials

2. humans tell indians  aliens to vacate

3. Aliens say “this is our land pale face”

4. handsome man falls in love with women, who he was originally supposed to negotiate plastic beads for sale of land ( think what we did with new york)

5. Handsome man fights the humans to support the indians aliens culture.

6. Casio is built, humans spend all their money on gambling, Indians aliens have the last laugh.

7. Sequel is announced and many toy promotions occur at Taco Bell ( as usual)

I think i seem this story before?

IL, that was sofa king funny. Seriously you should be a comedian.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

So I can see a decent movie at the theater at least once a year.

Go see a documentary if you want honesty in a movie.  Pretty much every movie in the history of film is a story and a method of escape.

The Marines are exactly the same, same actress, his just trying to cash in, its all a cliche.

Every movie is trying to cash in.  That’s the freaking point.

It dosnt make any sence,  like they say in the trailer their going up against gunships with bow and arrows. It less the movie has some clever way of them winning, the movie is just going to be about how although one side is weaker because of their goodness and desire to win they are vicotrious. Its a stupid nonsensical formula.

It’s a movie, not a gameplan for your existence.

• @Jermofoot:

@Emperor_Taiki:

So I can see a decent movie at the theater at least once a year.

Go see a documentary if you want honesty in a movie.  Pretty much every movie in the history of film is a story and a method of escape.

The Marines are exactly the same, same actress, his just trying to cash in, its all a cliche.

Every movie is trying to cash in.  That’s the freaking point.

It dosnt make any sence,  like they say in the trailer their going up against gunships with bow and arrows. It less the movie has some clever way of them winning, the movie is just going to be about how although one side is weaker because of their goodness and desire to win they are vicotrious. Its a stupid nonsensical formula.

It’s a movie, not a gameplan for your existence.

When i said i am trying to keep them honest, i meant that i want movies to be art not robberies. Did you really think i was talking about  accuracy in a SciFi movie. This is a SciFi film you know?

I dont like films that simply are made to cash in, i like films that are art. I can give you a number of reasons why I feel this way if you dont understand?

I dont  understand your last comment.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

When i said i am trying to keep them honest, i meant that i want movies to be art not robberies. Did you really think i was talking about  accuracy in a SciFi movie. This is a SciFi film you know?

What else would it mean?  Go back and read what you said - RE: movies and societal issues.  I don’t know what you could even mean by art vs. just a sci fi film (and robbery, to boot).

I dont like films that simply are made to cash in, i like films that are art. I can give you a number of reasons why I feel this way if you dont understand?

Ok.  Don’t go see it.  No need to cough up some inane conspiracy over a simple movie.

I dont  understand your last comment.

I was trying to say that it’s just a movie and probably has no significant life lesson/social commentary to note.  It’s a big budget action movie.  Just pure explosive entertainment.  You know, nothing to worry about when it comes to critical acclaim.

• 2007 AAR League

this movie looked good to me, now it reminds me of the kids animated movie Ferngully.

the plot is ripped off of dances with wolves, but the people/creatures are blue like smurfs.  guy in army, guy sent to far off area, guy first nervous of creatures, then guy becomes friends with creatures, then guy fights with creatures against the army that he left.

• I guess it never occurred to any of you that the blue coloring and Avatar name might be a reference to Hinduism…

• You know sometimes I miss the symbolism until its pointed out.

• @Brain:

You know sometimes I miss the symbolism until its pointed out.

As they say…nothing is new.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m