• @Jermofoot:

Haha, I was checking to see if a movie had been represented yet, and saw I repeated myself.

But anyway, since it’s been referenced lately: Spaceballs.

“We ain’t found shit!”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtkK3eijBso

• LOL. Funny.

• @Panzer:

@Brain:

I like all your choices except Independence Day. I really did not  like that movie.

What was it that you did not like? Just curious.
    I know it is a bit fake but Will Smith has some good lines.
    I actually did like the President’s speach about Independence Day and the up coming air battle.
    Not too bad space TV show…Babylon 5

I just remember not liking it. I’ll watch it again and then give my reasons.

• '19 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

Haha, I was checking to see if a movie had been represented yet, and saw I repeated myself.

But anyway, since it’s been referenced lately: Spaceballs.

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• I guess I am going to have to watch spaceballs.

(Rank = 96)

• @Brain:

I guess I am going to have to watch spaceballs.

(Rank = 96)

Yes, or I will beat you.  And I’m close to it since you haven’t seen it yet.

• @Jermofoot:

Upcoming movies I can’t wait to see: Red Cliff (although I wish it wasn’t cut down for time in the American release) and The Road.

I’ve wanted to watch The Road, there is not a theater showing the movie for 70 miles!

• @ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

Upcoming movies I can’t wait to see: Red Cliff (although I wish it wasn’t cut down for time in the American release) and The Road.

I’ve wanted to watch The Road, there is not a theater showing the movie for 70 miles!

Same here…I wonder when a wide release will happen.  This movie was supposed to come out last year!

• Excalibur

• And after you watch Excalibur you must watch….

• Brain, A couple of great choices. Excalibur is one of my all time favorites.

Speaking of Monty Python… The Meaning of Life is a riot as well.

Older Jim Carey movies like The Mask or Pet Detective 1 & 2 are quite hilarious as well.

• If you like Monty Python, then you will also like:

• Yes! I have seen it and I really did enjoy this one as well. I think you can’t go wrong with Monty Python! :-D

• New Star Trek by JJ Abrams. Amazing. Just out on DVD/Blue Ray

• This was released today:

• @ZehKaiser:

New Star Trek by JJ Abrams. Amazing. Just out on DVD/Blue Ray

It’s a pretty good movie but I have a bit of a problem with the ending.

I know, I know, it’s science FICTION, but some things still need to be logical at a certain level.

while trying not to ruin the ending (and if you haven’t seen the movie yet, I’d suggest you stop reading here)

SPOILER ALERT

You can’t take the batteries out of the Energizer Bunny and still have it move at warp speed!
    Take out the batteries and you WILL slow down!

• @Brain:

This was released today:

I saw it in the theater, and while long, it was surprisingly good.  Not great, just solid.  Christoph Waltz should get an Oscar for his performance.  And that chick was smoking hot.  Not enough Basterds screentime though - that really cracked me up.

• @dezrtfish:

I would sugest Boondock Saints and Rocknrolla if you like Snatch and Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels

I watch Dexter on Show every week.

Rome was a series on HBO that I watched the first two seasons of in like two days, it was great if not completely acurate, I think it got canceled, but I’m not sure.

What did you think of the season finale of Dexter?

• @ZehKaiser:

New Star Trek by JJ Abrams. Amazing. Just out on DVD/Blue Ray

Well we obviously didn’t see the same movie. JJ Trek was the biggest crap fest of the summer. Would you like me to trash it on a purely cinematic level or on a long time fan of Trek level?

I don’t often come out of movies wondering what film the critics watched but between this and Terminator: Salvation I had the displeasure twice this summer. Although I suppose since Terminator was not the travesty of cinema I had been led to expect it was one WTF??? and one well that turned out to be better than I was expecting.

• @Jermofoot:

I saw it in the theater, and while long, it was surprisingly good.  Not great, just solid.  Christoph Waltz should get an Oscar for his performance.  And that chick was smoking hot.  Not enough Basterds screentime though - that really cracked me up.

Inglorious was a lot of fun and I suspect as time passes will be one of the films that is actually remembered from this year for the right reasons.

spoilers

The bit with everyone who wasn’t who they said they were, with cards on their head saying they were someone else, all the while arguing that they were who they in fact weren’t was great.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m