• Why place the US Pacific fleet off of Wake? Where can they reach that you wouldn’t be able to go from Hawaii?

I think that you can place much of your fleet off of E Australia and not worry about a Japanese attack, but I haven’t done the math.

• This game is not playing much differently than a normal match without a bid. I should not be in such a good position for turn 2. The additional 130 bid does not seem to have had much of an impact.

It1.tsvg

• Here is a much more aggressive Allied first turn opener.

1. Japan can’t take China on turn 2 and faces a difficult time for the rest of the game in Mainland Asia. Killing the two troops in FIC is a huge setback.

2. The UK have a strong position in the Middle East and can build a factory there on turn 2, and a second factory on turn 3. A bunch of troops and planes will be flooding the area by turn 6 when Germany is trying to make a big move.

3. The Germans have to decide whether to attack the fleet in the Med (likely) or the one off the coast of the UK (less likely). The United States will be in place to launch a major Atlantic attack on turn 3 or 4.

UK1.tsvg

• Oops, airfield should have gone in Gibraltar instead of Egypt.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

• @arthur-bomber-harris said in ABH and Chrocket36, A+130:

Here is a much more aggressive Allied first turn opener.

1. Japan can’t take China on turn 2 and faces a difficult time for the rest of the game in Mainland Asia. Killing the two troops in FIC is a huge setback.

2. The UK have a strong position in the Middle East and can build a factory there on turn 2, and a second factory on turn 3. A bunch of troops and planes will be flooding the area by turn 6 when Germany is trying to make a big move.

3. The Germans have to decide whether to attack the fleet in the Med (likely) or the one off the coast of the UK (less likely). The United States will be in place to launch a major Atlantic attack on turn 3 or 4.

UK1.tsvg

How could I have attacked FIC? 2. That’s what I’m doing and doesn’t turn 1, does it? 3. seems irrelevant to “aggressive allied turn 1.” I think I’m missing something. Do I have an airbase in gib or egy?

• @crockett36 …doesn’t effect turn 1….

• Notice the key difference between your Asia opener and mine: in your version, Japan can attack Yunnan on J2 with 2 inf, 7 fighters, 7 tacs, and 2 bombers. All 9 Chinese defenders will be killed at a cost of 2 inf and a fighter if the dice are average. I haven’t done the math, but I think that Yunnan will difficult if not impossible for China to hold on J3 and beyond as a result of so many lost soldiers. Tides will only turn after the sizable United States investment in the Pacific. That gives plenty of time for Germany to crank up its war machine before facing serious pressure.

In my moves, Yunnan cannot be attacked on turn 2 and China becomes a powerhouse on future turns. With the help of India and ANZAC, Japan gets slowed down to the point where the United States can focus on a kill-Germany first strategy that already began with a transport purchase on USA1. Meanwhile, the UK has started building a strong base in the Middle East to create many units each round that will block Germany from pivoting towards Egypt after being denied an early Moscow capture.

I think you need some more practice in games and then come back for a better rematch after you have tested and refined your strategies on other League opponents. Your play is currently much more of a face-to-face style which works well when people make more mistakes and have less time to battlecalc every option.

• @arthur-bomber-harris okay. thanks for the games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m