• Official Q&A

US and Chinese forces can attack together, as they move at the same time. The reason British, Australian, and Indian units are all the same is because there is no reason to be able to tell them apart once they are on the board, hence the page 10 reference. In contrast, US and Chinese units do have to be differentiated for the purpose of determining control of captured territories based on which country’s land units participated in the attack.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thanks Krieghund!

I am not sure I have ever had the opportunity for US and Chinese forces to attack together but for sure I would have done it wrong. Good to know if that situation ever comes up in the future.

• @andrewaagamer I saw in your recent interview that this game was one of your favorites. It’s one of mine as well, though I haven’t played it in many years. I also used to play on Days of Infamy a bit, but I don’t believe you and I ever crossed swords.

• @krieghund said in US airplanes and chinese infantery:

@andrewaagamer I saw in your recent interview that this game was one of your favorites. It’s one of mine as well, though I haven’t played it in many years. I also used to play on Days of Infamy a bit, but I don’t believe you and I ever crossed swords.

That would have been epic I am sure!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Pacific has a HUGE learning curve. Very complicated with the CAP, sub-stalling and VC conditions. I went 2-8 my first 10 games at Days of Infamy before I got the hang of it.

I remember Saburo Sakai and something like tdjkorslend were both good Players. Lionheart (SP) too?

• Thank you all for your answers. I have all the games of A&A and are learning to play them one by one. The “old” Pacific is really a discovery, very pleasant to play. It is limited in time and I have the old version with the red Japanese army which I like a lot.
    I still have to learn the zombie version and the full world version of Pacific and Europe 1940 together.
    Till another question, greetings from Belgium !

• @andrewaagamer There is from the beginning an US fighter in China, so an attack with Chinese Infantry and this fighter shouldn’t be far away.

• @andrewaagamer Until now, I didn’t use any CAP. I find it too risky to sacrifice a fighter in order to try to keep a seazone under your control during the enemy’s turn.
    Maybe together with some own naval units it could be interesting to be stronger against an attack but I didn’t had that opportunity yet.

• @andrewaagamer said in US airplanes and chinese infantery:

Pacific has a HUGE learning curve. Very complicated with the CAP, sub-stalling and VC conditions. I went 2-8 my first 10 games at Days of Infamy before I got the hang of it.

In my first games, I lost as the Allies to capital capture a few times before I learned to defend them properly.

I remember Saburo Sakai and something like tdjkorslend were both good Players. Lionheart (SP) too?

Yes, I remember Saburo and Tordenskjold, not sure about Lionheart. We may have played there at different times. I was only there for about a year, starting in late 2001.

• @cojoh said in US airplanes and chinese infantery:

@andrewaagamer Until now, I didn’t use any CAP. I find it too risky to sacrifice a fighter in order to try to keep a seazone under your control during the enemy’s turn.
    Maybe together with some own naval units it could be interesting to be stronger against an attack but I didn’t had that opportunity yet.

You will find that it’s essential to keeping Japan’s fleet alive in the late game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m