• Another stupid nerdy question:

It seems that “Spring 1942” is a bit off… Should be december 1941? The germans are standing on the doorstep of Moscow, but the russians are ready for counter, the japanese are just about to attack Pearl, and the germans are just about to make the final assault on Egypt. The US have not yet invaded French Morroco… Why should it be 1942 and not late 1941?

• My history sources tell me otherwise:

January to May 1942 - Soviet Union launches 2 counterattacks, in Rhzev (West Russia) and Kharkov (Ukraine)

July 1942 - 1st Battle of El Alamein

@Mannstein:

Another stupid nerdy question:

It seems that “Spring 1942” is a bit off… Should be december 1941? The germans are standing on the doorstep of Moscow, but the russians are ready for counter

January - May 1942 - Battles of Rhzev (in West Russia) and Kharkov (Ukraine), first pushes the Germans away from Moscow, second is defeated by the Germans.

the japanese are just about to attack Pearl

If it was Pearl Harbor then there should be a battleship not a carrier. The situation is more akin to the Japanese about to launch their invasion of Midway in 1942.

, and the germans are just about to make the final assault on Egypt.

First battle of El-Alamein took place in July 1942 with Rommel’s advance finally stopped.

The US have not yet invaded French Morroco… Why should it be 1942 and not late 1941?

Could the US have invaded French Morocco right after Pearl Harbour? Took them almost a year before they invaded French Morocco in November 1942.

• '12

How many battleships are in Pearl Harbour on Japan 1?  Seems to me it couldn’t be representative of days before the surprise attack, no battleships and the carriers are in port.

• @Mannstein:

Another stupid nerdy question:

It seems that “Spring 1942” is a bit off… Should be december 1941? The germans are standing on the doorstep of Moscow, but the russians are ready for counter, the japanese are just about to attack Pearl,

Look at the dutch east indies, philipines and the solomons. (and wake) All japanese marker.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m