U.S. Marine Raiders vs. German S.S.

• Send him an e-mail, or even better log in at the forum and ask him

• Here it comes, the clossest for now what you guys get…German Waffen SS vs. Vietcong on deadliest warriors…

Last time they had GSG 9 vs. SWAT   -> SWAT won slightly… GSG 9 won the real Championship in 2005 / 2006  Original SWAT World Challenge (OSWC) lol…maybe they need to train harder again…ha ha…

• '10

The Marines have 82 national championships. The ss have none. They were disqualified for illegal recruiting.

• Customizer

Would like to root for my native country (US), but no, have to go with the SS on this one…in the above scenario…  And I believe their experience counts for a lot).

Eh eh eh - funny description of match up.

Later edit: Giving it further thought (recalling some documentaries), I’m not too sure about it…
    Tie.

• @aequitas:

Here it comes, the clossest for now what you guys get…German Waffen SS vs. Vietcong on deadliest warriors…

Last time they had GSG 9 vs. SWAT   -> SWAT won slightly… GSG 9 won the real Championship in 2005 / 2006  Original SWAT World Challenge (OSWC) lol…maybe they need to train harder again…ha ha…

The subject line got me thinking Deadliest Warrior. This match up would be much better than SS vs Viet Cong. I think political correctness would keep this matchup from making the show. If the Marines would lose, some would get upset. Sad isn’t it?

• aight I have to admit…the show is P.O.C…sorry guys…

• Which Rider Battalion would it be? Both were developed, organized, and equipped differently.

Which brings me to the SS. Which SS division and at what time point? Some of the SS units were no better and possibly even worse than Heer units.

I know the SS have gained an aura of invincible supermen but that was just not the case. If it was equal numbers head on with strictly infantry forces I would have to give the nod to the Raiders as they would have been able to put more lead down range.

• @gnasape:

Looks like an episode of “Deadliest Warrior” on Spike TV!  Someone should contact them about doing this.

Best show ever, The SS just fought the veit cong.

• @Adlertag:

@zerohour49:

Who would win Marine Raiders or S.S.?

I think you might find some answers here :

http://www.dupuyinstitute.org/

click > Publications, then > TDI-reports, and then the choice is yours.

I will recommend this TDI-report:
    http://www.dupuyinstitute.org/pdf/e-4epw1and2final.pdf

scroll down to chapter 6, or F=Conclusions on page 61.

It looks like the US forces combat effectiveness was 20 % inferior to the German performance.
    UK combat effectiveness was 50 % inferior to the Germans, and USSR was 300 % inferior. The Italian combat performance was even poorer than the russians.

Very good info. Thanks!

Just to add to what I’d written above–I looked at the study in question, and it appears the data for the U.S. versus German soldiers is based mainly on the Battle of the Bulge (late '44 - early '45). Elsewhere, I’ve seen it noted that the German Army of 1944 was a shell of what it had been in '41. All else being equal, one would suppose the Americans would look better against the dilapidated version of the German Army (what they encountered in '44 and '45) than they would have against the German Army of '41 or even the summer of '43.

I partially agree with the study authors’ conclusion that the Soviet Army might, on a man-for-man basis, have been below average by WWII combatants’ standards. But a lot of the differential was probably also due to the German Army being significantly above the man-for-man standards set by any of its major adversaries; especially when the German Army was in its prime.
    @Wikipedia:

Among [the German recruits for the Battle of the Bulge] were Volksgrenadier units formed from a mix of battle-hardened veterans and recruits formerly regarded as too young or too old to fight. Training time, equipment, and supplies were inadequate during the preparations.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_bulge

• @finnman:

@gnasape:

Looks like an episode of “Deadliest Warrior” on Spike TV!  Someone should contact them about doing this.

Best show ever, The SS just fought the veit cong.

Good show, not great show. Had the show had this face off ( Marine Raiders vs Waffen SS) it could hold the title: great show.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m