• '19 Moderator

I played agan this past weekend, the scale is off on the planes, and the Armor is bigger too, the Maus is huge.

There are also multiple types of units, there are ME 262, as well as FW 190s and Bf 109s.  The Sub is a type XXI and I’m not fond of that piece, but it comes in handy.

The artillery are 88s as well as the nebelwerfers.  There are also two infantry poses, one with the KAR 98 and one with an MP40.

In general the pieces are ok, not as good quality as the hasbro games, but the map, as I’ve said before is awesome.  There are some rules I don’t care for, but rules can be changed or modified.

• Customizer

How is the game itself?

I didn’t really think it offered much beyond Avalonhill’s games.  And I thought that the map was needlessly big.  Unless you have a banquet table to play on, you’re using the floor.  The design of the map I didn’t care for, but that is just taste.  I ended up selling mine after just playing a couple of games.

If you are getting it for the pieces, you can buy them separately.  Just remember that the pieces are all German sculpts that are shared by all nations.

• @Tralis:

How is the game itself?

Ok I’ll chime in - I played last week and it was very enjoyable.  The economy is different - each country has a slightly different cost for units.  There are two sizes of factories, large and small.  Battleships need to be repaired at a factory when damaged.  Infantry can be built right in a terriotry according to it’s IPC cost - that was a fun new mechanic.  Ships move 3.  Bombers use two dice when they attack hitting on 8s.  The game uses d12s.  The defender can retreat!  It all makes for a new enough game that it’s not like A&A.

Overall I foun it fun - and it had enough different that it make the game new and interesting.  My gaming group will be playing again next week.

• Where is your gaming group located?

• I am considering buying the pieces only to add to my exspansive collection of plastic miniatures. How well do the ships sit on the gameboard?

• @C_Strabala:

I am considering buying the pieces only to add to my exspansive collection of plastic miniatures. How well do the ships sit on the gameboard?

When I get a chance I will pull it out of storage and check.

• @C_Strabala:

I am considering buying the pieces only to add to my exspansive collection of plastic miniatures. How well do the ships sit on the gameboard?

The submarines have bodies that are a bit narrow, so they can sometimes tip over, but the other pieces are stable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m