• http://www.thewargame.com/

How does this game compare to Axis and Allies?

I own a copy of this game, but I have not played it yet.

• Looks cool , are the game pieces A&A scale ? i might just get the  game pieces for Germany lol

• @whitewolfmxc:

Looks cool , are the game pieces A&A scale ? i might just get the  game pieces for Germany lol

Yes - I believe he pieces are the same scale.

• @Brain:

Yes - I believe he pieces are the same scale.

Now guess what, I too own this game, but some of my pieces was not in the old A&A scale.

The infantry are slightly bigger than the old A&A inf, but same size as the new A&A inf.
    The tanks and fighters are way too huge.
    The ships are almost same size as A&A, but they are not cut in the waterline, they actually come with the full hull, with rudder and screw and everything, man.

• You better listen to Aldertag as I do not have my game handy. It is in storage at the moment.

• Thanks guys lol

Humm but the pieces look quite detailed >< i want my tiger ! and jet fighters !

• @whitewolfmxc:

Thanks guys lol

Humm but the pieces look quite detailed >< i want my tiger ! and jet fighters !

Did you get your pieces yet?

• Nah not yet , im still thinking since you guys said the size isnt right and all ><

PS: although my table tactics pieces came in today lol

• The pieces may be slightly different in size but I am sure they will still work

• Ill properly get a bag next month , ill see if i can post some pictures then XD

• @whitewolfmxc:

Ill properly get a bag next month , ill see if i can post some pictures then XD

What did you say? In English please. :-D :-D :-D

• lol fine lol i meant ill probably get a bag next month , and if i do ill post some pictures here to see if it fits A&A size lol

• @whitewolfmxc:

lol fine lol i meant ill probably get a bag next month , and if i do ill post some pictures here to see if it fits A&A size lol

What does get a bag mean?

• a bag of the game pieces…… :?

Who the hell gave me  -1 karma lol ??? what did i do …

• @whitewolfmxc:

a bag of the game pieces…… :?

Who the hell gave me  -1 karma lol ??? what did i do …

Better get used to the -karma. Everytime I log on I have 3 or 4 more. I think that there is someone who’s sole purpose for logging into this forum is to dish out -karma. Some people never grow up, or who knows maybe it is some kid. It’s definitely childish behavior. I’ll give you a +1 to make you feel better.

• '19 Moderator

I have the game.  I’ve played it several times and just the map was worth the cost.  the pieces are the same or close enough.  Adlertag is a smartass in case it isn’t clear…

• Yeah, well I’m kind of a smart ass too. I thought the pieces were close in size but I haven’t had a chance to compare them lately.

• Customizer

I had a copy of this game as well.  Has since been sold - not what I wanted.

As has already been stated, all countries have teh same German pieces.

The ships certainly be used in Axis & Allies.  There was the Bismarck for a BB, Graf Zepplin for a CV, and the late late war type XXIII (is that the right designation?  Can’t remember).  I just prefer the waterline approach of Hasbro’s ships.

The planes are double the size at least.  The fighter was a Me262.

2 types of infantry:  regular and Waffen SS.  They are a bit taller than Hasbro’s.

The artillery is about the same size - it is the rocket artillery used later in the war.

2 tanks:  a regular tank that is a Tiger, and a heavy tank that is a Maus.

Their choice of pieces I really thought was odd to represent what they wanted, like teh fighter, sub, artillery and heavy tank.  Especially when it came to the Maus for a heavy tank.  The Germans only built 2 prototypes, and it was a complete failure.

The pieces are really nice, though.  I kept 2 Tigers to use as heavy tanks for myself.  I also kept 2 Russian Tigers and carved Josef Stalins out of them.  Turned out well.

Cheers

• Customizer

Let me point out that even though I didn’t care for the  game, customer service from Pegasus games was excellent.  I had a badly crinkled map, and though the store Ai bought it from would do nothing for me, Pegasus shipped me out a new map the same day I talked to them.

• How is the game itself?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m