• @Brain:

What would you expect if Japan unleashes it’s full might against it.

In a non-fantasy scenario, China should have reserves, you know, men behind their lines to fill holes in the front. In fact, they should have horde reserves

But 1941 scenario China has not any reserves and cannot buy more than 1 inf or 2 infs in the whole game if Japan attacks in force. China has not even a army after J1 if Japan attacks  4 territories, just a small garrison in Sinkiang  :|

It will change in AA40, by luck

• Re:China
    At the very least you should use the 42 set up for both scenarios. Then I would like to see the set up for Yunnan and Sikang switched, giving the flying tiger protection round one on Sinkang W/2 inf. I also think China should be allowed in Burma for sure, maybe FIC. I also would like a Burma road bonus like in AA40. If the allies have control of India, Burma,Yunnan (maybe include one more adjoining Chinese tt) then China can upgrade 1 of its popping inf into an artillery that turn. Personally I would like for the US to be able to replace the Tiger but I don’t think that would fly. I would be ok with just moving it at set up or adding a couple inf to it’s tt at set up as Larry has mentioned awhile back.

• In the game Japan’s strategy is different than it was in WWII. China doesn’t last in the game because Japan strategy in the game is to March through China and help Germany crush Russia.

• That’s why we don’t think China should be just a walk in the park for Japan. Conquering China was one of the Japanese goals of expansion. It didn’t fully achieve that goal in WWII. If China falls early then yea Japan is at Russia’s back door. China should be more then just a stumbling block, and if left unchecked should be able to chip away at Japans income. It needs some artillery and the tiger to do that.

• If you increase the difficulty with China, then the US will not have to worry in the Pacific and then you have a new problem

• KGF: that’s your solution for all!

Come on, are you saying USA can ignore Pacific in this game? It’s like that strat with Japan ignoring China: if Japan ignores China, Japan will lose Manchuria and Kiangsu; if USA ignores Japan, USA will have to trade Alaska, and there is a chance early of losing WUSA. No Pacific navy also means Japan early in Africa …

Face it, USA must fight a 2 front war in this game, as it should. The problem is that they have not enough income to do it  :|

• I am saying that the US effort will be alleviated if China is given more forces

• I see it as, if China has a fighting chance the US & UK may stick it out in Asia. In 1941 version the allies go KGF and just pacify the Pacific because its easier to go after Germany then Japan. With just some minor changes at set up China can be more playable. Give them more units (42 set-up), protect the tiger (Sikang), allow them in Burma, and give them a way to get artillery as they do in AA40 (via Burma road bonus). This might keep the allies interest in the Pacific. It would also slow down a 3 prong attack on Moscow.

• Well, we’ll see

• Japan is pretty easy to pacify in -41 setup if you play youre pieces as allies right. It took most of us almost a year of playing before being able to see the fine lines, but these days its closer to an allied advantage then axis one. Check out my current tournament game if you would like to see how to contain / kill off Japan in -41. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15572.0

As i typed out in the game thread i could have hold onto Cau for a lot longer, but didnt see the option until after i had rolled the first dices so had to adapt :/

• havent been here in a while
    check it

europe 40 names.JPG

• Oh how refreshing, an alternate point of view.

• sweet they had a map like this on larrys site too!

• What’s with the map?

• Oztea, great map. It’s semi-official or just a thought on the possible map?

It only has one fail: western Sahara was a Spanish colony that time, not french, so it should be pro-axis neutral. Same goes for northern Morocco, but that one would be irrelevant for gaming purposes

• the map is my edit of a previous map i found on A&A.org
    it is conjecture, and open to suggestion…it is what i hope to see combined with most of what is already known (3 territory france, 3 territory germany, 2 territory UK)

• Oh a bold prediction.

• @Brain:

What’s with the map?

BD, oztea started this post with a Euro map, he has just updated it. It gives us some idea of what to expect as we get more details. I think its cool that he tweaks it along the way as he gets more feed back.

Keep in mind that it is all speculation, I wonder when we will get a look at the actual Euro map. It probably won’t be til spring next year, a few months after the release of AA40P.

• I wounder if you will be allowed movement on the northwestern coast of Africa. The Sahara goes to the coast in most AA games of recent, and is impassable. Would give new meaning to an IC in Brazil. You would be able to get troops into North Africa quicker w/ a safer route.

• West Sahara must be Spanish (pro-axis neutral), maybe even with a shiny red and yellow roundel on it if you ask me … if you attack Franco or make him join the axis, it would be cool seeing how that front develops …

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m