• BTW, the scalability/upgradability difference between Macs and PCs is a little convoluted.

-All Laptops are limited, no matter the type of computer.  RAM is about it. 
    -Macs have had some of the best access for upgrading desktops I’ve ever seen (towers with sides that drop down with the push of a button with the motherboard all right there), and have allowed to you change processors, video cards, RAM, and add internal card expansions.
    -However, iMacs are a sizable chunk of their desktop sales and as such, hurt that particular consideration drastically because what you get is what you get.

• So you can change out the MAC motherboard?  Thats the main item for upgrading a computer.

• I used a mac for about 10 years, then I’ve used a PC for about 8 years. I currently own both.

Personally I prefer a PC because it’s cheaper and it runs more games/software. They both have their uses, and they both have their drawbacks.

• @Imperious:

So you can change out the MAC motherboard?  Thats the main item for upgrading a computer.

Most people change a lot of components before the motherboard.  If anything, it’s every 3,4,5 years and it doesn’t hurt to get another case.

But yes, you can change out the motherboard and really have been able to for most Macs for some time.

• From my personal experience PC is more flexible and supports more games and programs. MAC is great for media programs and programs of that nature. For example we use PROTOOLS which is a music recording studio program and MAC rocks for that. PC studio programs like QBASE, etc, are not bad, but not as awesome as PROTOOLS.
    PC also as mentioned already is upgradable, MAC is not.
    My PC is already 6 years old but will still play any brand new game as I bought the top of line (at the time) Ahtlon 3.2 GHZ processor with 1 GB RAM and 256 MB 3D video card. If I was to upgrade the mother board, RAM, etc, it would be fairly reasonnable cost wise and then would have an up to date machine. So PC in a way is a better bang for the buck, but it does depend what you are doing with the computer. Games, e-mails, business and Internet, PC is the way to go. I have owned PC’s since they first came around and have only had a few virus issues, mostly with WIN 98 OS system. If you have a good anti-virus program you do not have issues. At my work we use Avast with XP OS and we have never been infected, so it actually works well. It can slow the PC down a little bit when first opening the Internet Explorer or Outlook program, but that is the only drawback. :-)

• Its really a personal preference. there is no This is “better than that” the answer is uneek

• Thats a laugh. That Mac guy is in Die Hard 3 to my surprise. He actually can act.

• Can’t remember his name now, but he’s been in some things.  His part in Idiocracy is pretty good.

And the other guy was on The Daily Show.

• @Panzer:

Thats a laugh. That Mac guy is in Die Hard 3 to my surprise. He actually can act.

Not 3 but Die Hard 4. “Live Free or Die Hard,” which is actually pretty decent.

The Mac Guy is actor Justin Long.

• @frimmel:

@Panzer:

Thats a laugh. That Mac guy is in Die Hard 3 to my surprise. He actually can act.

Not 3 but Die Hard 4. “Live Free or Die Hard,” which is actually pretty decent.

The Mac Guy is actor Justin Long.

You are correct. I was thinking it was 4 but could not seem to remember 3 so I thought I was mistaken. 1 is in the building, 2 is in the plane, what happens in 3?

• They are in New York chasing a ‘bomber.’ It is to me the weakest entry.

• @frimmel:

They are in New York chasing a ‘bomber.’ It is to me the weakest entry.

Must be why it doesn’t stick in my mind. And I checked last night I actually have the die hard series on DVD and I own all 4. So you would think I would remember it.

Thanks frimmel.

• Isn’t it amusing that when people buy DVD’s they hardly ever watch those movies because they know that they can watch them anytime and so that time never comes

• @Brain:

Isn’t it amusing that when people buy DVD’s they hardly ever watch those movies because they know that they can watch them anytime and so that time never comes

You are so right. I personally own around 100+ DVDs and I do watch some of them frequently, and others hardly ever, so it justs depends on how the movie “grabs” you.

But I guess we are going off topic here so back to PC vs. Mac. How about those new commercials, Mac is continuing to assault PC now with Windows 7. It is getting a little old now I think. I did find some of them funny at the start but now… :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m