• I played AA DDAY for the first time last night and I noticed there were many glaring omissions to the rules:

1. There is no mention in the rules what happens after you’ve received all of the reinforcements listed.  I assume that no one obtains any new units after they reach the end of the reinforcement board, regardless of casualties?
    2. Once planes/bombers are destroyed, they don’t return unless a fortune card permits it?
    3.  The naval bombardment–the card says “roll 6 dice”–is that 6 total or 12 total (1 x for each allied player)?
    4.  Can the naval bombardment be used to attack the blockhouses on the coasts that are not part of the initial beachhead? (Cherbourg and west?)
    5.  Also, I see others have complained about the axis having a large advantage, is there a rule or gameplay fix that evens this out a bit?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! (I find it strange that Avalon Hill did not think to add these to the rules!)

• Official Q&A

Welcome, DDay Player!

@DDay:

1. There is no mention in the rules what happens after you’ve received all of the reinforcements listed.  I assume that no one obtains any new units after they reach the end of the reinforcement board, regardless of casualties?

That’s correct.

@DDay:

2. Once planes/bombers are destroyed, they don’t return unless a fortune card permits it?

Correct.

@DDay:

3.  The naval bombardment–the card says “roll 6 dice”–is that 6 total or 12 total (1 x for each allied player)?

The Allies together roll six dice.  The players decide how they want to split the six dice in a three-player game.  If the US and UK players can’t agree on a decision, the Axis player makes the decision.

@DDay:

4.  Can the naval bombardment be used to attack the blockhouses on the coasts that are not part of the initial beachhead? (Cherbourg and west?)

Yes.

@DDay:

5.  Also, I see others have complained about the axis having a large advantage, is there a rule or gameplay fix that evens this out a bit?

Larry Harris, the game’s creator, came up with some optional rules to balance things out.  They can be found on his website.

• those optional rules are also listed and linked to Larry’s site via this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13575.0

• @D.Asymn:

From now on any new maps and rules you come up with go into the house rules room. That is the discussion thread for all  house rules and ideas.

Thanks

:-) Welcome D.Asymn.

This is simply direction to optional rules and not a full blown discussion of them so pretty much within the bounds around here. Most of the single theatre variants don’t have as much going on in terms of either strategy talk or alternate rules talk compared to Anniv. or Revised or '42.

Those forums would get cluttered very quickly and hence have a forum for strat talk and rules questions and another for ‘house rules.’

Nothing to worry about here, this isn’t going to turn into a full blown new rule set for D-Day. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m