barnee Axis vs VictoryFirst Allies G 40 Expansion

• @victoryfirst right on yea I post reults in comment log but it seems save closes it so need to reopen under “view” in case you don’t know and it has the sub battle

• @barnee

So I understand we don’t have dice e-mails? I’m fine with that, although I’ve never played with it. I like to do a playtest of my turn first, so I don’t know when you should start doing your turn for real.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@barnee It’s up to you how exact you wanna be but for big naval battles we can just roll with the subs as is. Easy enough when it’s subs only. They get an extra First Strike at 1 which doesn’t allow the casualty to hit back and then normal attack at 2.

Paras similar but is cancelled when other units present so easy enough to roll for. The not shooting back can be pretty deadly lol

Also if you have an Army or Corps you need to keep track of casualties as the Oberst, commisar etc … will keep giving the bonus. So you need to kill it early if needed and then edit back in after battle if you want/can

• @victoryfirst said in barnee Axis vs VictoryFirst Allies G 40 Expansion:

@barnee

So I understand we don’t have dice e-mails? I’m fine with that, although I’ve never played with it. I like to do a playtest of my turn first, so I don’t know when you should start doing your turn for real.

yea no worries. If you know how to set up a forum game then we can go full triplea mode. I haven’t been able to get it to work the last few times i tried

• @barnee

Lol I just tried to convert our game to a forum game but I got a weird error. It says user ‘VictoryFirst’ doesn’t exist xD. I don’t exist? Well, I know one thing and that is that I do exist, so I will dive deeper and try to fix the error :)

• @barnee

Ok the issue was that I accidentally chose the triplea forum instead of the axis and allies one, but now I get this message

class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’) java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)

This is annoying…

• @barnee

Ok, we can use local game files for now until the issue is fixed. I guess you have this same issue too? :)

Global 40 Expansions R1.tsvg

@barnee

Ok, we can use local game files for now until the issue is fixed. I guess you have this same issue too? :)

Global 40 Expansions R1.tsvg

yes sadly I do : ) maybe @Panther can clue us in :)

• @barnee

I got a reply and it turns out that forum doesn’t work properly anymore. WHat you have to do is to PBEM, but post the results into the forum (by clicking on View Turn Summary and posting the contents into the thread).

I’ve converted my R1 to PBEM, so you can just click on PBEM and do your turn, and then you can do the things I described, if you are ok with it.

Global 40 Expansions R1_PBEM file.tsvg

• @victoryfirst you had a mass tank in russia so I changed it. I tried to make most the images a little different for edit purposes but haven’t done that one yet :)

G 40 EXP J1.tsvg

• @barnee
    Thanks! I didn’t realize there was a difference!

So when you click on Play By Email in the TripleA main menu and you select as save file our game, you’ll get to this screen at the end of the turn.

1. Save the file
    2. Click on ‘View Turn Summary’ (I highlighted it on the screen to the right.
    3. Copy all the contents of the new window showing up using Ctrl+A.
    4. Then you go to our forum, press Ctrl+V and a summary of your turn will show up. Then you attach the save file.

This is how Play By Forum nowadays works.

60102e5c-1225-4a0d-88b0-3f794398fd94-image.png

• @victoryfirst

Edit:

1. Copy all the contents of the new window showing up using Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C

Forgot to add that…

• @barnee
    Which will look like this:

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 4 Fortifications, 3 transports and 2 usa_fighters; Remaining resources: 12 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger RailMovementAutoPlaceAmericans: Americans has 2 Europe_Rails and 6 Rails placed in Eastern United States

Non Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger RailMovementAutoPlaceRemoveAmericans: has removed 2 Europe_Rails and 6 Rails owned by Americans in Eastern United States
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 26 Sea Zone to 23 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 31 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry, 1 submarine and 1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 46 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 infantry, 1 transport, 1 usa_fighter and 1 usa_tactical_bomber moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 usa_fighter and 1 usa_tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to Wake Island
            4 usa_fighters moved from Hawaiian Islands to Wake Island
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Wake Island
            1 usa_fighter moved from Western United States to 26 Sea Zone
            1 usa_fighter moved from Eastern United States to 26 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 cruiser, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 11 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Central United States to Western United States
            1 usa_armour moved from Central United States to Eastern United States
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands

Place Units - Americans
            2 usa_fighters placed in Eastern United States
            3 transports placed in 10 Sea Zone
            4 Fortifications placed in Philippines

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 64 PUs

G40 Exp US1.tsvg

• @victoryfirst right on. Thanks for dialing this in. So you can go ahead and do china and UK then ? I don’t think I need to respond to anything ?

• WTF You testing Captains stuff right ? OK.

I’ve converted my R1 to PBEM, so you can just click on PBEM and do your turn,

oops missed this. So i guess were back on track since you did USA though ?

• @barnee

Lol, that’s true, I am used to other games where I have to do just one turn! So I forgot I had to do China and UK still…

• @barnee

Yes, I converted it again when I did the US turn. If you click on Local Game and send the file instead of clicking on PBEM, all the PBEM data will be lost.

• Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 5 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            Trigger RailMovementAutoPlaceChinese: Chinese has 2 Rails placed in Kansu
            2 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese lost in Yunnan
                Chinese win, taking Yunnan from Japanese with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            Trigger RailMovementAutoPlaceRemoveChinese: has removed 2 Rails owned by Chinese in Kansu
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Shensi
            2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Shensi
            4 infantry moved from Szechwan to Shensi
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi

Place Units - Chinese
            5 infantry placed in Shensi

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Objective Advanced Production 1 Infantry: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 18 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 0,17
    Japanese regular : -0,33

G40 Exp C1.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m