• Since India had a lot of issues going on in country during war with the Indian army I was looking to get some responses on my idea. It would be like Vichy France In away.

Here’s a couple things I like

1. Bombay worth 2 now and madras worth 1. Switched values out.
    2. Vichy India
      If Calcutta falls roll for territories and ships.
      1d12 dice roll for each
      Territories
      1-6 Vichy India
      7-12 FEC
      Ships touching only the coast line of India and 2 islands south.
      1 - Japan gets
      2-6 Scuttled
      7-9 Vichy India
      10-12 FEC

Pretty much same rules as France. If either side attacks Vichy India then rest go to other side. Japan can only move through Vichy India territories. Or stay. Vichy India ships only defend and cannot move and ground.
    Nobody gets Vichy India income. Fec income is just adjusted on income tracker
    Calcutta needs to be liberated before FEC can collect money again .

Only India territories and Ceylon and Maldives island would be rolled for.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

OK. Here is the Vichy India rule.
    If Calcutta falls the income money all goes to Japan.

1. Roll 1d12 die for each territory Fec controls in India only and for Ceylon and Maldives but not for Bombay. Bombay will be the head quarters for Fec. The rolls would be
      1-4 Vichy India
      5-12 Fec

Any ground units in these territories that become Vichy join the Vichy side.
    Japan can move into these territories if they want and stay also.
    All Vichy India pieces in game only defend the territory and or sea zone. They cannot move.
    If either side attacks the Vichy India then all rest of Vichy India joins the other side.

Roll 1d12 for all Fec ships just touching the coastline of India, Ceylon and Maldives in sea zones.
    1- Becomes Japan
    2-6 Scuttled
    7-8 Becomes Vichy India
    9-12 Becomes Fec

On Fec turn they can do combat and non combat moves and at end of turn collect money for income for the territories they still control.
    Also Japan does not collect income for the Vichy India territories.
    If Calcutta is liberated all Vichy India territories become Fec except any territories Japan has ground units in. Then Japan will take control of those territories and collect income for them.

So Bombay is where u want to build another ic probably turn 1 so u have a safe place for buys early plus technically New Dali was the Capital and Calcutta was just the huge area for LL supplies and such. When ships are scuttled that is based on Uk destroyed 40,000 supply boats for rice and they then horded all the rice. That’s when the Bengal thing crap hit the fan.

Anyway if I left some thing out illl come back and edit.
    Keep in mind we adding a Uk transport to Bombay based also on if Japan controls the 4 territory with the Burma road supply lines receive a victory point and can ship u it’s a bit more to counter this bonus point while still defending Calcutta from sea. Also we increased the build in Calcutta from 3 to 4.
    So now maybe Fec can hit Assam to block point and or China hitting Yunnan and or Kwezchowz.

If using D6 just convert. Let me know if you try this in your game.

• @general-6-stars I like this!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I like it as well : )

I’m gonna add it to G 40 House Rules. Use West India on the Global map for the Vichy Capital. I did something similar with the Vichy France Option. It was a combination of multiple house rule ideas and some of World at War mod with some stuff I threw in as well.

I wonder how it’ll play ? I guess one just has to test as always :)
    Good action General

• @barnee said in Vichy India:

I like it as well : )

I’m gonna add it to G 40 House Rules. Use West India on the Global map for the Vichy Capital. I did something similar with the Vichy France Option. It was a combination of multiple house rule ideas and some of World at War mod with some stuff I threw in as well.

I wonder how it’ll play ? I guess one just has to test as always :)
    Good action General

Ya. To bad India doesn’t have 4 territories in it. Does Calcutta fall most games ? May need to add a IC to West India. Also may need to add a transport to West India on setup.
    Ya may not work but test it out and see.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@general-6-stars yea i think OOB it falls pretty routinely. Some mods and bids seem to counter it pretty well though.

Yea, would be nice if India had more TTys. Anyway, if it’s available as an option maybe some will try it. I’m going to at some point. Got some other stuff to do yet, if I ever get this new machine set up lol.

It’s on the list though :)

Edit
    yea seen some people going with two minors and getting rid of the major. Idk seems the major could stay and just add the minor to W India. You only got enough dough to produce so much. Shouldn’t really matter.

@general-6-stars yea i think OOB it falls pretty routinely. Some mods and bids seem to counter it pretty well though.

Yea, would be nice if India had more TTys. Anyway, if it’s available as an option maybe some will try it. I’m going to at some point. Got some other stuff to do yet, if I ever get this new machine set up lol.

It’s on the list though :)

Edit
    yea seen some people going with two minors and getting rid of the major. Idk seems the major could stay and just add the minor to W India. You only got enough dough to produce so much. Shouldn’t really matter.

Right. Was thinking of a minor only. Problem is does the major become a minor on capture ?

Ya 2 minors on setup maybe an option.

Ya I’ll post in game report next time. May not happen mostly since now based on my game the 4 territories that have the Burma road if controlled by Japan they receive a bonus point but the whole idea in the first place was to get way more action in Burma and area like real war and still the option of Vice India too.

Thanks for replies and let me know when u try it out if possible.

• @general-6-stars yea one concern with the extra minor is JPN should be able to easily conquer it. I guess that’d trigger the vichy units against them. I wonder if it’s enough of a deterrent ?

Anyway, I’ll mess around with it. Definitely think it has promise. If nothing else it changers things up a bit. No reason to ever get bored playing this game lol

• @barnee Japan might have a tricky time conquering it if it’s on the far side of India.

• Ya What sucks is the major IC in Calcutta is not reduced on capture which it should be based on Japan never got Calcutta in real war but not my game.
    Be nice if it went to a minor IC. Could house rule it in. Then have UK get a free minor IC for Persia or East Persia. Gives you that 1 extra turn to send pieces over and buy. Maybe put in Persia instead.
    I think most games UK buys a IC for Persia anyway so maybe not give them a free one. Up to UK to plan ahead if they see Calcutta falling.

• @general-6-stars yea the major turns into a minor after India falls.

@general-6-stars yea the major turns into a minor after India falls.

Ok. That’s cool. Didn’t see that in rules unless in Europe book

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m