Elche (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) BM4 rematch

• I think you are right. French cannot do something that hurts.
    I hope for great defense in SF and in sz93 from famous french Navy.
    I am the victim from this tactic. Should have bought 6 inf in Russia.

• This is my first year I play BM. I have finished 9 games. Is not much. You are first M I play against. The game against trulpen is running. Therefore I am sometimes not sure about the rules.

• You really aren’t used to non-Vichy, are you? :) Yes you’ll enjoy some advantages - if you pound my fleet I’ll have trouble with French fleet.

6 infantry in Russia? I think your buy was great!

Working on J noncom move - trying to get some work done, too, though.

• Ask me rules questions any time

• Thanks.
    In my running game I attack in UK1 N/B with 2inf and 1 fig against 1 tank. I didnt conquer but if I did is non-Vichy game ?

• @elche said in Elche (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) BM4 rematch:

Thanks.
    In my running game I attack in UK1 N/B with 2inf and 1 fig against 1 tank. I didnt conquer but if I did is non-Vichy game ?

Yes, if you take Normandy with UK and Italy doesn’t take control back, it stops Vichy.
    If I really want to stop Vichy, I send a transport and/or fighter to South France on UK1. This is another reason I don’t try for it, is because I think it can be stopped fairly easily. Plus it gives Allies chance to control French territories that they normally couldn’t.

• I will try in next games.
    In the running game I hoped for conquer with 1 inf and battlescore +3 and 6 difference in income. Maybe 1 causuality in def for G. But it was zero. But 1 G tank is more than 2 brit inf. Vichy I remark after the battle.

• You’re right, that’s why I don’t hit Normandy with Germany either - exposes valuable units.

I was lucky to sink your destroyer off 109, but then you were fortunate to sink my sub before you lost that transport! I’ve never seen anyone send a sub at 109, but with that destroyer bid and nowhere for that sub to go, I hoped to siphon off a plane from defending 110 or 111. You did the right thing, but if that plane from 111 was fighting, given the dice, it could have hit me an extra time and let that battleship get away. It was bonus that I got the destroyer. Might use this strategy again in the future.

• Oops, re-reading I see it was hard to follow.

You sunk my sub in 109 in first round or else your transport was sinking round 2.
    In 111 your battleship would have probably survived if your fighter had scrambled there.
    This is all after knowing what the dice did, of course. You made good decisions, especially to scramble from 110 which most players don’t want to do.

• Here’s my unorthodox J1 - enjoy

J1.tsvg

• Normally I do full scramble except there is only an attack to one sz. If I had 20 bid I would buy 1 fig in Scotland, 1 art in Alex and 1 sub in sz98 or maybe better in sz 111.
    But I dont have a sub in sz109 in our game.
    I dont like the move from battleship to 110 because protect fig.
    And I dont like the brit. attack to sz97. I never do.
    What do you mean with unorthodox with J1 ? Your buy or Carolines ? I see exatly same buy with J1 in my running game (now R3). Maybe helps me.
    I think Marti is Japanese :blush:

• Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 carriers, 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Hawaiian Islands

Place Units - Americans
            2 carriers and 1 submarine placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            5 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 5 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 5 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/6 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                1 fighter owned by the Chinese retreated
                2 infantry owned by the Chinese retreated to Szechwan
                Japanese win with 1 artillery and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -9
                Casualties for Chinese: 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Shensi
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Burma

Place Units - Chinese
            2 infantry placed in Suiyuyan
            2 infantry placed in Shensi

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 8 PUs; end with 8 PUs

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 1 airfield, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Purchase Units - UK_Pacific
            UK_Pacific buy 2 artilleries and 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            1 fighter moved from Malta to Tobruk
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Alexandria to Tobruk
            1 mech_infantry moved from Egypt to Tobruk
            1 submarine moved from 98 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 96 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to 96 Sea Zone

Combat - British
            Battle in Tobruk
                British attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Italians defend with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Tobruk, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 3,17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Tobruk, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Italians and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Tobruk
                    British roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Tobruk, round 3 : 4/7 hits, 3,00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Tobruk, round 3 : 2/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Italians, 1 artillery owned by the Italians, 1 artillery owned by the British, 1 infantry owned by the Italians, 1 infantry owned by the British and 1 armour owned by the Italians lost in Tobruk
                British win, taking Tobruk from Italians with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 13
                Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                British attack with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                Italians defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 fighter in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1,17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians and 1 transport owned by the Italians lost in 96 Sea Zone
                British win with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Casualties for Italians: 1 destroyer and 1 transport

Non Combat Move - British
            1 cruiser moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Scotland to 109 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom
            1 fighter moved from Scotland to Gibraltar
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 109 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Quebec to 106 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Ontario to Quebec
            1 armour, 2 destroyers, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 106 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            1 armour moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            1 artillery moved from Egypt to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 80 Sea Zone to Persia
                  British take Persia from Neutral_Allies
            1 infantry moved from West India to Eastern Persia
                  British take Eastern Persia from Neutral_Allies
            1 fighter moved from Tobruk to Egypt
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Tobruk to Egypt
            1 carrier moved from 98 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to Rhodesia
            1 destroyer moved from 71 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Egypt
            1 fighter moved from 96 Sea Zone to Malta
            1 bomber moved from 96 Sea Zone to Malta
            3 infantry moved from Malaya to Shan State
            2 infantry moved from India to 39 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 39 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra
                  UK_Pacific take Sumatra from Dutch
            1 battleship moved from 37 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 39 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 39 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Burma to India
            2 infantry moved from Burma to Shan State
            3 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Burma

Place Units - British
            1 airfield placed in Gibraltar
            1 fighter and 1 infantry placed in United Kingdom

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 30 PUs; end with 30 PUs
            Trigger British 3 No Enemy Submarines: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 33 PUs
            Objective British 4 Control Convoy Lanes: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 36 PUs
            Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 39 PUs

Place Units - UK_Pacific
            2 artilleries and 3 infantry placed in India

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific
            UK_Pacific collect 21 PUs; end with 21 PUs
            Some Units in India change ownership: 2 artilleries and 3 infantry

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : -1,33
    Italians regular : -1,00
    Japanese regular : 2,00
    British regular : 0,33

uk1 (1).tsvg

• @elche Mainly my distribution of planes and boats. I went with what felt right at the time. Pretty sure good axis players don’t do what I just did :)

• Shoot, Yunnan went terrible for you 2 times in a row. That’s hard to come back from

• very fast new ranking. Thanks.
    In Germany we say by football ranking: The Ranking dont lies.

• New aspect about Marti. I am lucky in games I win next rounds against L1 and L2 gamers but against E/M I have all the time bad dice. So maybe average at all but doesnt helps for winning a game.:blush:

• @elche From what I’ve seen in our games so far, I agree that you are right about this. Can’t stay that way forever, though! (Well, it is possible buy highly unlikely) :D
    Nasty Italian move coming your way ;)

• I put WAY too much thought into this move, but I’m very uncomfortable with the Axis.

• This is a good example of where the requirement to roll amphibious assaults before other battles can matter.

• WAY too much thought

I1.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m