L22 elche (x) vs Gamerman01 (+18) BM4

• Bad luck denied you Vichy, so that wasn’t good for you.
    Would have destroyed the UK bomber on Syria, too.
    Tank on artillery was really risky, though. You needed the bomber in 97 but also in Normandy.

#2 G2 2 bombers on 2 UK ships. Dice made you pay too. Germany can’t really recover from that big loss

#3 German air raids in Med of allied ships, especially French ones. Not worth risking the loss of 1-2 or more German planes that are worth a lot more than those ships. Many players look at TUV change and the purchase cost of the units destroyed, but this is especially deceiving in G40. German planes are worth more than any other nation’s planes and certainly more than 3 French and UK boats scattered in the Med.

#4 G3 carrier and destroyer buy isn’t necessarily bad, but is 24 IPC’s not sent at Russia. I think the carrier buy was necessary to attack 109, but costly

#5 G3 attack on 109, I scrambled and you lost 4 planes. Again, G planes are much more valuable than UK planes because they can be used on 2 fronts.

#6 J3 too much sent at Russia and China. #1 priority should be India. Taking India puts the Allies in a terrible bind.

#7 I3 you must not throw away the Italian tank like that. Desperately needed for can openers and/or taking territories in Russia for German planes to land on.

More after lunch!

• #8 continuing the battle in Egypt with 2 planes, 1 bomber vs art, mech, fighter is not a good idea. And then 1 bomber vs 1 plane. The Italian bomber is more valuable then the UK plane, for can opener possibilities on Russia.

#9 J4, Japan needs to have more than 1 complex on Asia. Maybe Hong Kong here. Probably should declare war with Japan no later than J3. You might have delayed because of transports going up to Russia Round 1

#10 Not sure, but on I4 you attacked one infantry in WUK with Italian inf/art, the last Italian units on the front. If you would have been able to hold WUK with German air, it would be good, but if not, it’s bad to lose the last Italian ground units on an attack that may only net 2 IPC’s

#11 J6 you shouldn’t attack 2 Chinese with 3 artillery that the Chinese can easily kill on counterattack. The only Japanese transport is up in Russia and the UK and China can move freely because of all the reasons I listed before.

Round 6, game is lost. Germans don’t have enough to push within 1 territory of Moscow and can’t hold Ukraine. Italy has not boats and no presence in Russia. German fleet gambit was interesting, but can’t hurt Allied fleet and guarding West Germany and Denmark is the main accomplishment.
    Japan has half of China and several Russian territories, but there is no hope of getting India ever.

In my experience, the Axis must crush either Russia or China to have a chance. Or, capture India or Moscow.
    If Axis dominate Russia and China, they’re probably going to win. If they take India and Moscow, the Allies are usually doomed.

Therefore, Axis strategy must be to take Moscow and India, and at least get one. This is why Italian can openers and lots of German spending for units to go East is very important, and it is very important for Japan to try hard to get India while not losing a lot of fleet and/or planes in the Pacific. Every plane lost to America is a plane that can’t threaten India. Every plane Germany loses cannot threaten either front. These are some of my “secrets”.

I’m not sure when I will get game 2 going, but I’ll private message you when it is!

• Again, good game and thanks!
    All your moves and decisions that are not mentioned below were decent, or very good decision in my opinion! Hope this helps.

• Hello Ted,

thank you for that work.

#1 next games I dont attack russia and will wait with war against USA up to R4
    didnt see I can destroy bomber
    italian bomber better attack Novgorod with 2 tanks because good chance to kill russian fig.
    #2 silly but hoped for good dice
    #3 you are right
    #4 attack on sz109 was too expensive
    #5 you are right
    #6 you are right- attack on Russia is not necessary and expensive
    #7 hoped to kill russian fig. Maybe this attack I would try again with italian bomber.
    #8 you are right- sometimes I click again because I am angry with the dice- its silly
    #9 Maybe first game I didnt buy 2nd complex and I think you was very fast to push me back. But you are right.
    #10 will do that in next games
    #11 I thought game is lost without help from Marti but you are right
    #12 you are right with your tactics. Believe me, I tried it in the game against you but there was at least one problem- the enemy or only bad dice :blush:
    #13 I didnt believe any word of this sentence from you: I don’t play the Axis much, and I’m pretty sure I’m much weaker there, so maybe you will not get beat so fast.
    #14 What did Harry learn in this game.
    a) 1+ with * for playing Anzac, I play like Level4 in much games
    b) nice play with your transports
    c) offer attacks up to 30:70 against you but AAgun can hit
    d) use subs for blockades, I realize it in my running game
    e) game was lost with declaration of war to UK/ANZAC in R3
    f) play like you in SouthEastAsia
    g) thats all I think

Have a good week
    Greetings from Germany

• I wouldn’t want to be the guy facing your Axis next time.
    Glad I could help!
    Not sure when I’ll tackle the whole setup of our next game and doing G1 - I need to get work done!

Soon, though

Have a great week

• Excuse me, I just realized that yes you did attack J3, I’m just still confused about the America thing :p :p

• I will wait for Revanche.
    Have fun and good luck.
    Please tell me how to set up the game.

• Maybe you need my E-Mail: harry@mwienzek.de
    My Bid: des sz106, sub sz98 and art in Alex

• Let’s see if the PBEM option works. I’ve read that it does.

Here is G1 CM file including your bid

Scramble to 110 or 111?

G1 CM.tsvg

• Wait, given the destroyer bid in 106, I’ll send my sub to 109.

Scramble to 109, 110, or 111?

• Hmmm, not many moves and decisions that you are not mentioned.
    I think about your moves with subs and need des to clear Atlantic from the Grauen Wölfen (grey wolves).
    Have 2 rest of bid if I buy sub, and to buy tank instead of art is same dice.
    I scramble sz109 from Scotland and full scramble sz110.
    But I need the file.

• File was in first post I made, below We will switch to new thread after that

• It’s in the new thread as well

• @gamerman01 said in L22 elche (x) vs Gamerman01 (+18) BM4:

I wouldn’t want to be the guy facing your Axis next time.

Hoo boy, that was prophetic :+1:

• @elche said in L22 elche (x) vs Gamerman01 (+18) BM4:

I will wait for Revanche.

:flushed: and here we are! At each other’s throats in round 4 - a great playoff game.

Gnight from America

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m