• Re: Should we make better rules for invadable neutrals? (1940)

Found this idea while looking at posts in the forum. :smiley: Posting this comment on a new thread, definitely going to use this with just infantry and artillery, tbh I am just going to add the Iberian Union with Portugal + Spain (giving Spain a minor factory and a turn order)

My plan is that at the beginning of every turn, every power in the Europe Board chips in “influence IPC’s” (besides of France) Iberia starts off as strict-neutral

At the start of the game, they begin with:

6 IPC’s and
    Spain - 5 inf, 2 art
    Portugal - 2 inf, 1 art

Iberia cannot produce any other unit besides of art and inf

Both the Allies and the Axis: if they chip in 55 IPC’s by Round 6 (can be earlier) Iberia will go on their side. If this is not met, Portugal will become allied with the Allies and Spain will become allied with the Axis.

If you can test this out that would be appreciated. I will too soon and we can cooperate about these rules ok? :grin:

• @all-encompassing-goose yea I added these to the Global 40 House rules mod, oztea’s 1939 and of course CDG’s 1939 for triplea. I like them. The board looks way cooler :)

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

Again, I don’t think Spain should be a playable power-for one thing, I would like for capitals to be marked on the game board, even if it wasn’t a capital in the normal games. But if you like it, it can be interesting-it turns Spain into the Axis version of ANZAC.

• @superbattleshipyamato said in New Neutrals Rules (G40):

@all-encompassing-goose

Again, I don’t think Spain should be a playable power-for one thing, I would like for capitals to be marked on the game board, even if it wasn’t a capital in the normal games. But if you like it, it can be interesting-it turns Spain into the Axis version of ANZAC.

So why don’t you like Spain to be playable ?

• 2024 2023 '22

@general-5-stars

It just felt too small-at least ANZAC had 7 territories that make up the namesake (Australia and New Zealand), whilst Spain only has one, and I don’t like capitals or victory cities to exist if they are not labelled on the board (I’m okay with victory cities being upgraded into capitals, such as if you want to make Shanghai the capital of China)

• I was thinking of making the Neutrals, regional. Meaning they only flip sides if one country in that region is attacked. Example: If Spain is attacked by the US, only the European Neutral countries turn Axis. All the others remain neutral. I’ve read other threads and most people agree, why would Argentina care if a Neutral in the Middle East is attacked? just a thought.

• @ando101

Yes. To be honest, I forgot about this post. It’s a little hard to believe I wrote that reply earlier. No regrets though.

As one person said, Sweden is surrounded by enemy countries, especially Germany. Why would Sweden go to war and face almost certain defeat (if not, much pain and suffering) and forfeit their most important trading partner over Afghanistan? Most Swedish back then probably couldn’t find Afghanistan on a map. I guarantee that a bunch of people will protest such a declaration of war (unless the full extent of the Holocaust is known).

People have suggested ideas to group neutrals into blocs like South America, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.

• @superbattleshipyamato I didn’t mean to imply that I thought of this Neutrals Rule. There are so many threads out here I hadn’t seen yours. I was wrecking my brain trying to find a simpler way to incorporate oil without having all Neutrals turn to the other side if a nation goes for it.

• 2024 2023 '22

@ando101

I wasn’t saying that your idea was bad.

But yes, that makes sense.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m