Dicey to assist with a face-to-face game?

• Hi all,

Been a while since I’ve frequented these forums. I rather miss playing Axis and Allies. I was talking with one of my coworkers recently though and he mentioned that he also used to enjoy playing Axis and Allies, and we ended up scheduling a time to play A&A face to face.

Now I have the feeling that especially the first time we play I’m going to massacre him. He’s never played online, and the last time he’s played at all was maybe 10 years ago. So I was thinking that ideally we could play two games even. Both our wives are going to be out of town so we’ve got plenty of time. But it’s a long game to play face to face so I was thinking of ways to speed up the gameplay. One thing I figured that might save us some time is that for battles that involve more than just a couple units, instead of rolling dice we could enter our units into a dice server to have it resolve the battle for us. I’m not sure what the threshold would be for time savings, but I figure that definitely for battles involving at least a dozen units having a dice server resolve the battle will be much quicker than rolling multiple combat rounds manually.

So I went to DAAK and Flames of Europe where I had accounts to see if I could just enter individual battles into their respective diceys, but I couldn’t find that option - in both places it seemed I had to create a full game, against at least one other player who was also registered for the site. And I don’t want it to manage the whole game for us, because we can keep track of everything else easily enough on our own, so that wouldn’t be worth it. But I really thought I remembered that somewhere there was a place I could go to just enter the units and have the dice server roll for me a round and automatically handle casualties. Does anyone know of such a site? Note that we’ll be playing 2nd edition rules, since that’s the physical board I have, and furthermore I’d like to play LowLuck dice as well.

• Personally I don’t know how much time that could save, maybe like a half hour overall. I think I would just roll myself, I don’t trust those online rollers anyway. I like to feel like my mojo got me the critical hit to win the battle, you know what I mean?

• I know what you mean.  AA gun rolls are my favorite!

@maverick_76:

Personally I don’t know how much time that could save, maybe like a half hour overall. I think I would just roll myself, I don’t trust those online rollers anyway. I like to feel like my mojo got me the critical hit to win the battle, you know what I mean?

• The best is if it’s your infantry vs. a tank or plane. They roll a hit on you and you stick it to them with your casualty roll, MMMMMMM!!! TAKE THAT BIOTCH!!! TERRITORY IS STILL MINE!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m