L21 playoff OOB jkeller(X) vs trulpen (L+43)

• Not sure if they are considered to have moved during CM though if there’s a battle in z6 and they stay there, thus maybe even preventing loading during NCM. We have to mull this over.

• From the G40-EU rules, p 22 (NCM):

Transports can move to friendly coastal territories and load or offload cargo, unless they loaded, moved, offloaded, or were involved in combat during the Combat Move or Conduct Combat phase.

• '22

Seems kind of silly that a single 8ipc dd can prevent a huge 251 ipc fleet with supporting air from loading and unloading. I get it those are the rules of this game but doesn’t seem logical in any way

• I agree, it’s rather silly.

• '22

From my reading of the rules I can leave transports in the sz and they cannot move in noncombat but land units can board them in noncombat do you agree?

• '22

"If a transport encounters hostile surface warships (not enemy submarines and/or transports) AFTER it begins to move (not counting the sea zone it started in), its movement for that turn ends, and it must stop there and conduct sea combat.

A transport can load units while in any friendly sea zone along its route, including the sea zone it started in."

From my reading after the battle is concluded (assuming side with transport wins sea battle) the sea zone is no longer hostile and it can load units

• '22

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 infantry and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
                  Italians take Northwest Persia from British

Combat - Italians

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia
            1 mech_infantry moved from Southern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy

Place Units - Italians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from 97 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to 93 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            1 infantry placed in Southern Italy
            1 submarine placed in 95 Sea Zone
            1 submarine placed in 97 Sea Zone
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Algeria from French to Italians
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Tunisia: 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Algeria: 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 20 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective Italians 4 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Italians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 22 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

• '22

• @jkeller said in L21 playoff OOB jkeller(X) vs trulpen (L+43):

From my reading of the rules I can leave transports in the sz and they cannot move in noncombat but land units can board them in noncombat do you agree?

Unfortunately not, since they would have been part of the combat. Same thing if they leave during CM and load units, those units have to be part of an amphi during the combat phase.

• @trulpen said in L21 playoff OOB jkeller(X) vs trulpen (L+43):

From the G40-EU rules, p 22 (NCM):

Transports can move to friendly coastal territories and load or offload cargo, unless they loaded, moved, offloaded, or were involved in combat during the Combat Move or Conduct Combat phase.

• I know, this kind of screws over Japan pretty hard. All for just a small boat.

• '22

@trulpen I read through the rules a few times and don’t see that anywhere

• '22

It only says they cannot move afterwards to load units. Presumably to avoid ridiculous situations like you propose where Japan cannot use her own home sea zone even though she in complete control of it

• @jkeller said in L21 playoff OOB jkeller(X) vs trulpen (L+43):

@trulpen I read through the rules a few times and don’t see that anywhere

It’s on page 22, in the Non-Combat Moves segment.

• '22

It’s already kind of silly I can’t load in combat phase to not be able to load from home island in any phase even while in possession of the sea zone and enemy boats are clear would be really ridiculous and pretty much make the map unplayable

• I didn’t think of all these consequences when I built the des, but primarily wanted to prevent an amphi on Korea.

• '22

Are you referring to this?

“Transports can move to friendly coastal territories and load or offload cargo, unless they loaded, moved, offloaded, or were involved in combat during the Combat Move or Conduct Combat phase.”

It only says The transports cannot MOVE to a friendly coastal territory to load. But the transport is not moving it is the land units that are moving onto the transport and they are not restricted by being in combat because they were not.

If there is a rule against loading in noncombat I don’t see it in the rule book

• '22

It is the moving part that is the problem. If it was the loading part it would not have specified the move to a “friendly coastal territory “. It would have just said cannot load.

• Not quite. It does say move, but it also says “and load or offload cargo”. If the trannies partake in combat, they cannot use any action during NCM. That’s how I interpret it anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m