NML 1914 - Team Game #4

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Idk if ot makes sense to resume… CP end in unmovable mud soon anyways in this game… such s first go will make the pain start even earlier

• TripleA

That is pretty unlucky start though a lot of it depends on which battles the dice were rolled in on how large an impact they have.

• TripleA

• Game History

Round: 1

Research Technology - Austria
            Austria spend 5 on tech rolls
                Austria rolls : 0/1 hits, 0.00 expected hits

Combat Move - Austria
            1 fighter moved from Carpathia to Belarus
            2 cavalrys moved from Bohemia to Belarus
            1 heavy_gun and 6 infantry moved from Galicia to Belarus
            1 heavy_gun and 2 infantry moved from Baranya to Bosnia
            1 heavy_gun and 3 infantry moved from Croatia to Bosnia
            1 cavalry moved from Hungary to Bosnia
            3 infantry moved from Carinthia to Venice
            1 cavalry moved from Carinthia to Venice
            1 heavy_gun moved from Trieste to Venice
            1 field_gun moved from Tyrol to Venice
            3 infantry moved from Tyrol to Venice
            1 infantry moved from Trieste to Venice

Purchase Units - Austria
            Austria buy 1 Factory, 4 field_guns and 13 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 1 techTokens; 

Combat - Austria
            Battle in Bosnia
                Austria attack with 1 cavalry, 2 heavy_guns and 5 infantry
                Serbia defend with 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry
                    Austria roll dice for 1 cavalry, 2 heavy_guns and 5 infantry in Bosnia, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Serbia roll dice for 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry in Bosnia, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Serbia and 2 infantry owned by the Austria lost in Bosnia
                    Austria roll dice for 1 cavalry, 2 heavy_guns and 3 infantry in Bosnia, round 3 : 1/6 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Serbia roll dice for 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 2 infantry in Bosnia, round 3 : 2/4 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Serbia and 2 infantry owned by the Austria lost in Bosnia
                    Austria roll dice for 1 cavalry, 2 heavy_guns and 1 infantry in Bosnia, round 4 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Serbia roll dice for 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 1 infantry in Bosnia, round 4 : 3/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Serbia, 1 cavalry owned by the Austria, 1 infantry owned by the Austria and 1 heavy_gun owned by the Austria lost in Bosnia
                1 heavy_gun owned by the Austria retreated to Croatia
                Serbia win with 1 field_gun and 1 heavy_gun remaining. Battle score for attacker is -12
                Casualties for Austria: 1 cavalry, 1 heavy_gun and 5 infantry
                Casualties for Serbia: 4 infantry
            Battle in Belarus
                Austria attack with 2 cavalrys, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 6 infantry
                Russia defend with 4 conscripts and 3 infantry
                    Austria roll dice for 2 cavalrys, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 6 infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 4/10 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Russia roll dice for 4 conscripts and 3 infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 2/7 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    4 conscripts owned by the Russia and 2 infantry owned by the Austria lost in Belarus
                    Austria roll dice for 2 cavalrys, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry in Belarus, round 3 : 1/8 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russia roll dice for 3 infantry in Belarus, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russia lost in Belarus
                    Austria roll dice for 2 cavalrys, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry in Belarus, round 4 : 1/8 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russia roll dice for 2 infantry in Belarus, round 4 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russia lost in Belarus
                    Austria roll dice for 2 cavalrys, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry in Belarus, round 5 : 1/8 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russia roll dice for 1 infantry in Belarus, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 cavalry owned by the Austria and 1 infantry owned by the Russia lost in Belarus
                Austria win, taking Belarus from Russia with 1 cavalry, 1 fighter, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Austria: 1 cavalry and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Russia: 4 conscripts and 3 infantry
            Battle in Venice
                Austria attack with 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 7 infantry
                Italy defend with 1 Factory, 1 field_gun and 3 infantry
                    Austria roll dice for 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 7 infantry in Venice, round 2 : 2/10 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Italy roll dice for 1 field_gun and 3 infantry in Venice, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 cavalry owned by the Austria and 2 infantry owned by the Italy lost in Venice
                    Austria roll dice for 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 7 infantry in Venice, round 3 : 2/9 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Italy roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Venice, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italy, 2 infantry owned by the Austria and 1 field_gun owned by the Italy lost in Venice
                Austria win, taking Venice from Italy with 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Austria: 1 cavalry and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Italy: 1 field_gun and 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Austria
            1 field_gun moved from Austria to Croatia
            2 infantry moved from Austria to Croatia
            1 infantry moved from Hungary to Croatia
            1 infantry moved from Bohemia to Galicia
            4 infantry moved from Carpathia to Galicia
            2 cavalrys moved from Vienna to Galicia
            1 fighter moved from Belarus to Galicia
            1 infantry moved from Hungary to Croatia
            1 infantry moved from Hungary to Baranya
            1 field_gun moved from Transylvania to Galicia
            3 infantry moved from Transylvania to Galicia
            1 infantry moved from Hungary to Transylvania
            2 field_guns and 4 infantry moved from Vienna to Carpathia
            2 infantry moved from Trieste to Croatia
            1 infantry moved from Trieste to Croatia

Place Units - Austria
            1 Factory placed in Galicia
            3 field_guns and 4 infantry placed in Hungary
            1 field_gun and 5 infantry placed in Trieste
            4 infantry placed in Vienna

Turn Complete - Austria
            Austria collect 74 PUs; end with 74 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italy regular : 1.00
    Serbia regular : 1.67
    Austria rolls : 0.00
    Austria regular : -2.83
    Russia regular : -0.67

Austria-1.tsvg

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

@redrum btw. When is the next release scheduled for TripleA? That forum bug is inconvenient…

• TripleA

@elrood Not sure. I’m not really actively developing it anymore though I did fix the forum bug in the pre-release. Its up to the current active developers which haven’t set any timeframe that I’m aware of. I had suggested releasing just the forum fix as a patched version of the current as well.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

@redrum yes a patch version would suffice. Why are the new devs not interested? I thought this forum was representing a key user group of tripleA…

• TripleA

@elrood Hard to say though I don’t think any of them are active PBF/PBEM players so probably don’t frequent A&A.org that much compared to the TripleA forum.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

@redrum i see. Thanks.

About this game… When our inevitable end comes I like to restart a new game with same seats as now… I like to try again then with hopefully more luck on CP side to start with… average rolls would suffice

• Who is playing Italy? Aren’t they up next?

• @elrood I wasn’t notified of the new game thread. Just found out the link. In the last posting from the prior game, I noted that USA doesn’t want to play Italy and Arabia. Entente is suggesting that France take them.

• @fmerwinrommel cannot we just restart? It was a hard sell for me to play this mod again, but given such a first turn… I see no excitement in this… The losses Germany suffered in turn 1 will be felt in the next turns since a lot of rolls will not made due to units lost already… meaning they will all autofail… which will not be visible anymore.

• Let’s take our punishment like men Elrood and allow the Entente to enjoy their victory a bit before we surrender. :face_with_head_bandage:

• @elrood: CP has won 2 of the 3 games so far, and I have been on the losing side for all 3 games, including a poor start for G last game. So I agree with @Private-Panic and say play on.

• @Elrood German navy had a bad start. But all 3 G major land battles as a whole, went as predicted by battle calc, i.e., number of winning units remaining were as expected, overall. U-boat only attacks on round 1 are notoriously either smashing victories or losses due to more luck involved in small battles and the absence of defending DDs. Sinking both Canadian transport fleets is not that common. Granted, you lost more ships than battle calc predicted in winning key sea battles like sz16 and sz112, that likely will cost you later. But overall, I don’t see how G’s total dice rolls were as negative as reported. G is still a powerful land force and an aggressive A opening helps your eastern front.

• @fmerwinrommel I say we play on, but GermanY’s naval losses were excessive and mean it cannot pull off any kind of victory. It is a shame, as I would have liked Seb to have a chance with them. Consider that the Med is already decided in to it favour. You even took out my TT, without using France first!

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Given our player count and response time it simply takes too long to keep playing a lst cause… in a 1on1 one might be eager to see how it plays out in a given week of playtime. But here we can sit a month without seeing much progress…

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

But let us resume… just do not stall please

• @fmerwinrommel there are no important or unimportant battles. Losing so much at sea means Ent can start going for landing right off the bat, instead of dealing with German Navy first. Is all about the TUV.
    “Junior Generals talk strategy, Seniors talk logistics”

• TripleA

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m