L22 #1 trulpen (X+6) vs ArtofWar1947 (A) P2V

• Thanks Art, so I sent a detailed message to him just now, and I’ll certainly post here as soon as I hear anything.

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Oh. I just saw that I was seamlessly taken to the Triple A forum. I must have an account there.
    Strange, I searched from this site and didn’t even know I had been taken to the Triple A site! Well, that probably explains why you couldn’t bring him up or follow the link.

• Probably a good place for you to poke around if you are so inclined - maybe you would be able to learn more about MARTI in general and this problem here specifically, if it even was a MARTI issue at all, of course :thinking_face:

• Hmmmm, finally figured out that thread was in the Play-by-email forum in that site. I don’t know if you’ll find anything else on the subject there or not. You don’t have to do anything there if you don’t want, just thought you might like to know.
    I’ll report back when I hear from their admin, LaFayette.

• @gamerman01

Thanks for checking with Administrator LaFayette, Gamerman. I strongly suspect the issue will get more attention coming from you.

• You’re welcome, and I hope it’s not too long…

• I just heard from LaFayette:

Hi, good to hear from you! Unfortunately there is not a good way to check history for dice rolls. Rewriting Marti to add features like auditing is on the road map…

I’d recommend to tell the player that the roll is being investigated, and remind them that cheating would result in a year long ban (or something like that). Meanwhile let it stand as the player probably was not cheating, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense (and we can’t really tell one way or another)

Now this is me: I think the year-long ban is on the triple A forum - not here.
    His reply is FWIW. What do you think, Art? Do you want me to pursue further, and if so, how?

• Hi again. I’m back. I’ll try my best to help resolve this, although I can’t really see how at the moment.

@gamerman01 said in L22 #1 trulpen (X+6) vs ArtofWar1947 (A) P2V:

Art says he got 2 sets of MARTI messages, first with 7 hits, second with 6 hits

Contemplating the above quote. It’s stated 7 hits on the so called first roll and 6 hits on the supposed other (my first). I don’t mean to mitigate art’s claim, since cheating is a definite no-go, but I wouldn’t exactly call the difference game changing.

I’ve looked at the position now. If I understand it correctly the situation is actually in turn 22, when Germany did a follow up air strike in z97. This was actually also after Italy did a sacrificial pre-strike with 1 fig, 1 tac where Italy hit 1 and US had an amazing 0 hits on defence.

I wouldn’t actually call 7 hits instead of 6 (but I think it was 5 first and 4 next) “a highly favorable outcome”, to quote @ArtofWar1947.

Also, it’s worthy to note that Germany had long ago crushed Russia and Japan was already a monster with firm control of Asia and no real problems on the ocean. At the beginning of turn 22 Axis has an economic lead of 191 against 155. It was a very lost cause for the Allies already at this point.

As gamerman said earlier there’s just no rational incentive for Axis to cheat, objectively speaking.

• @gamerman01

Pardon the delay; it was a busy week. Without a way to check the dice rolls, I am not sure what else you can do.

• @gamerman01

After finishing the present game with Trulpen, I plan to take a leave of absence from league play. Let me know when the Marti problems are resolved. Until then, it is too easy to cheat and make denials that cannot be disproved. I noticed that Trulpen has been in the league almost 3 years now and has never contributed any support to the league; perhaps he can pick up the slack.

• @trulpen said in L22 #1 trulpen (X+6) vs ArtofWar1947 (A) P2V:

Contemplating the above quote. It’s stated 7 hits on the so called first roll and 6 hits on the supposed other (my first). I don’t mean to mitigate art’s claim, since cheating is a definite no-go, but I wouldn’t exactly call the difference game changing.
    ////As note earlier in the chain, the 6 hits was a typo; it was actually only 4 hits.

I’ve looked at the position now. If I understand it correctly the situation is actually in turn 22, when Germany did a follow up air strike in z97. This was actually also after Italy did a sacrificial pre-strike with 1 fig, 1 tac where Italy hit 1 and US had an amazing 0 hits on defence.
    /////Correct.

I wouldn’t actually call 7 hits instead of 6 (but I think it was 5 first and 4 next) “a highly favorable outcome”, to quote @ArtofWar1947.
    /////It could have turned the tide of that battle, especially if the Germans underperformed. Furthermore, 7 hits on the German air would have been difficult to replace, making it more challenging to retake Italy and defend W. Europe.

Also, it’s worthy to note that Germany had long ago crushed Russia and Japan was already a monster with firm control of Asia and no real problems on the ocean. At the beginning of turn 22 Axis has an economic lead of 191 against 155. It was a very lost cause for the Allies already at this point.
    /////This overlooks Japan handing the US about ipcs and not building for two turns.

As gamerman said earlier there’s just no rational incentive for Axis to cheat, objectively speaking.
    /////Gamerman was quoting LaFayette, who did not carefully consider the (circumstantial) evidence, including your initial willingness to disregard the German sub rolls to gain an unfair advantage in the present turn.

• @artofwar1947 said in L22 #1 trulpen (X+6) vs ArtofWar1947 (A) P2V:

After finishing the present game with Trulpen, I plan to take a leave of absence from league play. Let me know when the Marti problems are resolved. Until then, it is too easy to cheat and make denials that cannot be disproved. I noticed that Trulpen has been in the league almost 3 years now and has never contributed any support to the league; perhaps he can pick up the slack.

Leaving the league for awhile makes sense with what happened here. If I realize or hear the MARTI issues have been fixed, I’ll let you know if I remember (in the case that it is months or longer down the road).
    I’m not sure how you define supporting the league - one significant way to support the league is to play a lot of league games, which he has. I would be interested to know what you mean.

If this is a concession of the game, please post in the league results thread. I tried to help as best I could, and I’m sorry I couldn’t give a more satisfying answer, but I don’t know a lot about the beneath the scenes MARTI stuff.

All the best -
    gamerman01

• @gamerman01 said in L22 #1 trulpen (X+6) vs ArtofWar1947 (A) P2V:

Leaving the league for awhile makes sense with what happened here. If I realize or hear the MARTI issues have been fixed, I’ll let you know if I remember (in the case that it is months or longer down the road).
    Thanks, I would appreciate it.

I’m not sure how you define supporting the league - one significant way to support the league is to play a lot of league games, which he has. I would be interested to know what you mean.
    I was referring to the annual fund drives ($10=bronze, $25=silver, $50= gold).

If this is a concession of the game, please post in the league results thread.
    I don’t like quitting on some thing I’ve started. I will finish the game if the dice-roll issue is resolved.

I tried to help as best I could, and I’m sorry I couldn’t give a more satisfying answer, but I don’t know a lot about the beneath the scenes MARTI stuff.
    I understand, thanks for your effort.

• It’s been over a month. Shall we continue?

• @trulpen

Are Marti dice now reliably reported?

• I think they are, but don’t have any insight in their work. I seem to be getting all dice in a good way now for a long time.

• @trulpen

What is your plan for taking into account the German subs have already rolled and missed?

• Like I said, I usually do it in a certain way, which can easily be seen in other games, even when it is to my disadvantage. Since you oppose this and want to take advantage, the decision is yours and I have to keep the dice, despite rotten initial odds for a scramble.

• @trulpen

As noted previously, a scramble was the only sensible choice.

• Ok, I can continue with that. Keeping the dice then.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m