FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV

• @flyingbadger said in FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV:

@cds said in FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV:

@flyingbadger said in FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV:

@cds said in FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV:

@flyingbadger

Scramble? ;) Dont think so, but never hurts to ask :)

If that’s to one of the territories where I left just 1 infantry then no scramble. I think they’ll be fine on their own… they’re Gandalf

You should ask Leonidas instead to take on the defense, his 300 vs a army of persians ;)

If I had 300 Gandalf’s I might be able to take Moscow for once. The beard will help with the Russian winter, not sure Leonidas’ Mankini would do much to keep out the cold :fearful:

The constant fighting will keep him warm ;) The warm blood of his enemies will feel like a warm bath :)

• 2023 '22 '21

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 8

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 6.0.0

Game History

Round: 8

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 5 infantry, 1 marine, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            2 infantry moved from Malaya to 132 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 132 Sea Zone to 40 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 40 Sea Zone to Ceylon
            1 artillery moved from Dutch New Guinea to New Guinea
                  Japanese take New Guinea from ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to 46 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 46 Sea Zone to 48 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 48 Sea Zone to New Britain
            1 destroyer moved from 7 Sea Zone to 32 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 23 Sea Zone to 24 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 24 Sea Zone to Wake Island
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Japan to 7 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 7 Sea Zone to 24 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 24 Sea Zone to Wake Island
            2 fighters moved from Caroline Islands to Wake Island
            1 destroyer moved from 17 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 7 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 82 Sea Zone to 40 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Ceylon
            Battle in New Britain
            Battle in 32 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 destroyer
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 32 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Ceylon from UK_Pacific, taking New Britain from ANZAC with 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 destroyer and 2 fighters
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 2 fighters in 26 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 26 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 destroyer and 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Wake Island
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 marine
                Americans defend with 1 airfield and 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 cruiser in Wake Island, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 marine in Wake Island, round 2 : 2/0 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Wake Island, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Wake Island
                Japanese win, taking Wake Island from Americans with 1 artillery, 2 fighters and 1 marine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            2 battleships, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 2 fighters moved from 132 Sea Zone to 40 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 132 Sea Zone to Eastern India
            2 fighters moved from Hopei to Eastern India
            1 infantry moved from Burma to Eastern India
            2 infantry moved from Yunnan to Burma
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Yunnan to Eastern India
            2 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Kwangtung to Hunan
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Hopei to Tsinghai
            1 bomber moved from Hopei to Caroline Islands
            3 carriers moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 7 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from 7 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Wake Island to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 35 Sea Zone to 31 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway
            2 destroyers moved from 7 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 transports moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Malaya to 132 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Shan State to 132 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 132 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            2 carriers moved from 132 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            3 tactical_bombers moved from 132 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Davao to Caroline Islands
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Hopei to 35 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Hopei to Tsinghai

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 1 transport placed in 7 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers placed in 7 Sea Zone
            1 marine placed in Japan
            3 infantry placed in Eastern India
            2 infantry placed in Kwangtung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 67 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 70 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 75 PUs
            Objective Japanese 5 Pacific Airfields: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 80 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 85 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : 0.00
    Japanese regular : 0.17

Savegame

• @flyingbadger

Hmmm, the pacific doesnt look good for me :( If we are playing VC conditions, I might be in for a loss… If we are playing world domination, I really need to take my time and figure out what is the best strategy from this point forward…

I underestimated you in this game, seeing our previous game I figured it would be a quick victory, also the PtV conditions make it a much harder… (But your Axis is a bit better, than your Allies), the quick loss of India is something I should have prevented, but I was to focused on Europe… Also the other games that we started playing clouded my mind… Well not sure what to do in this situation… I am in a good position in Europe, but I fear Pacific is going to be my downfall at the moment…

Well a good learning process, cant play too much games at once, and I really need to play on both sides of the board to win PtV…

• 2023 '22 '21

@cds I’m being mentored very well :wink:. I’m hopefully not making as many stupid mistakes, particularly regarding the land scrambling. Also playing a game of PtV with your friend malmessi so getting some good experience. I’m sure you’ll figure out how to stop Japan, might be a nice challenge for you :thinking_face: .

• @flyingbadger said in FlyingBadger (Axis) vs CDS (Allies) - PtV:

@cds I’m being mentored very well :wink:. I’m hopefully not making as many stupid mistakes, particularly regarding the land scrambling. Also playing a game of PtV with your friend malmessi so getting some good experience. I’m sure you’ll figure out how to stop Japan, might be a nice challenge for you :thinking_face: .

Yes, its a very nice challenge, too hard for me to figure out today… I really need to put my thinking cap on… I should have played the previous turn different…

• @flyingbadger

Hi… Sorry for the wait… I am very busy and soon Ill have vacation… So it might be a bit longer… Going to finish the game, thats for sure… Thanks for your patience…

• 2023 '22 '21

@cds Welcome back! Good to hear from you. No worries, take as long as you need. Malmessi has been keeping me busy and I’ve used your Barbarossa training to good effect and won a G40 game with it thanks.

• @flyingbadger

Hi

Hope this topic still remains active, got a message it was too long ago :) How are you doing?

I am looking at our game again. Still wanting to finish it. Ill go and look at it some more tomorrow and this w-end. So perhaps we can end this interesting game soon.

• 2023 '22 '21

@cds
    Hello and glad to hear from you. I’m good thanks, hope you are too. It would be great to carry the game on, I’ll look at it again and hopefully be ready for your move!

• @flyingbadger

Its been so long I cant remember if I needed to play trough email or trough forum?! :)

• 2023 '22 '21

@cds

I can do either, you still have my email? The posting from TripleA to the forum is broken at the moment, you can still play in forum mode but have to save the game and manually create a post and attach it to that. That’s everyone is having to do at the moment.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m