ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game

• Japan’s up.

• @crockett36 While I agree with the move, and since the Russians don’t get to attack, not much will change. But I would suggest that if you want community input, as a general rule, you give at least 2 days for people to provide their inputs before finalizing a move.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Will do. I’ll try to be exact with deadlines.

• Japan 1.tsvg
    I was torn on the strategy for Japan as I have not faced this level of bid before. If there had been just a little more spending on the Asia side, I would have abandoned mainland China completely and done a J1 DOW, taking Philippines and pushing towards the Money Islands on J2.

Instead, I think I have enough forces to force a retreat from Yunnan this round and perhaps be able to hold it on J3. It is quite a costly push to get that single territory.

• With so much bid, Russia plus China should have been able to hold on to Yunnan on J2. That would have been a devastating blow to the Axis as Japan’s economy would have matched by China+India+ANZAC, freeing up the United States to focus 100% on Germany. It would likely have been game over as the overwhelming spending makes finding a winning strategy impossible. A few more Russian tanks and fighters bought in the bid and on R1 would have ensured an early surrender.

• @crockett36 I noticed that my Germany infantry/Arts/AA guns failed to move to SlovakiaHungary on G1. I need them to reach Bessarabia on G3 so this blunder is quite impactful. Is it okay to edit them?

No problem if you want to change any of the Russian forces in response or redo R1/J1 if this is going to be very impactful.

• @arthur-bomber-harris go for it. I assumed an error.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

USA is up peeps. I assume 2 carriers 2 destroyers and an infantry for purchase. Split placement?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I prefer to buy 2 CV + 1 DD + SS. Place everything but the DD on the Pacific side. The DD protects the Atlantic fleet from the lone German sub.

Probably, the Axis will wait as long as possible to bring the US in the war since Japan did not DOW. Thus, expect 3 turns of nothing for the US. The Pacific is a bigger theater and will take more time to move units out. So buying everything over there now will allow us to be be in a fighting position sooner.

In Europe, the US will be focused initially on the Med, Italy (if weak) and Normandy. All are close and easy to engage from the EUS.

Move sb to WUS as it can hit all targets from there. Move all fighters and ships to Hawaii. Let the Hawaii transport go back to bring 2 more units to Hawaii next round.

Run from the Philippines. Since all of J Fleet in SZ36, the US forces can stack in SZ54.
    In fact, because no threat on SZ54 nor Hawaii, we could take the transport with 2 inf to SZ54 as well to have invasion force. But leaves Hawaii less defended, and since planning on J3 DOW, it doesn’t really gain anything.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I like all that with a caveat: what if we do pure air builds in Australia and put them on the 3 US carriers As soon as we have both a three plane scramble and six for the US flat tops. US air can ferry back to Hawaii as needed.

What I’m proposing is what I’m calling extreme integration or extreme cooperation. We could do the same in the Atlantic, providing carriers for the British. Just a small innovation.

The key is to never spend an ipc on an Australian ground unit

• updated with German edits Japan 1b.tsvg

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

PROPOSEDUST1.tsvg debate ends Sunday after church e s t

• To clarify for your partners, are you proposing to have the India force stack in Yunnan to prevent a J2 attack, or do you plan to have those units get sacrificed to hurt the Japanese air force?

Without additional support besides three more russian units, I likely would lose 6 of the 22 planes that would participate (+44 TUV swing for the Axis), although dice could swing it drastically one way or another.

With the UK India units stacked in Yunnan, I would opt not to attack Yunnan on J2 and instead focus on other opportunities in the region as the unprovoked DoW keeps the US out of the war for a while longer.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I’m open to that. I don’t see a downside

• @crockett36 Open to which option? Declaring war on UK1 or UK2 means that Japan can attack UK and Anzac forces/territories and the United States cannot issue DoW until the end of USA3 when they calculate income. It is a significant Allied disadvantage.

If you had plans to have held Yunnan on turn 2, you should have had enough Russian bid and R1 purchases to have held the territory without need for assistance from India.

• @arthur-bomber-harris I have incorporated trulpen s idea for keeping yunnan t1. I will need advise since I haven’t done this before but was responding to community input.

• @crockett36 Definitely a tough choice in this situation and good to get the advice of our partners. Holding on to Yunnan on J2 makes it almost impossible for Japan to over conquer China until the very late game as China will have a massive stack that contains artillery.

The downside is that a UK1 DoW to reinforce Yunnan means that Japan can focus 100% of their attention on crushing UK and ANZAC for two turns with no worry about American retaliation. India becomes difficult to hold without sending Russian planes to assist, and that makes it easier for Germany who doesn’t have to worry about an Allied invasion of W Europe until at least turn 5 and hence can focus 100% on heading towards Moscow.

• @arthur-bomber-harris Sunday 2pm.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I don’t see the need to hold Yunnan to the death this round. We can buy artillery for the Chinese which makes their ground forces a threat. Retreat to Szechwan this round. Even if J pushes every ground troop into Yunnan J2, he won’t have them to take the DEI, and the Chinese would be strong enough to destroy them–tragedy for J. So, he will put a token force into Yunnan, we can take back C2, get bonus, and wait until UK joins the war.

The important point is we do not UK DOW. The only way that I’ve seen that ever be useful for the Allies is when the Crazy Karl works or J makes a blunder that the UK /ANZAC can takeout transports or a carrier.

Buy artillery. Retreat. I would consider attacking Chahar with 1 inf + 1 plane. Every dead inf for Japan is hard to replace once deep in country. If this happens, land plane in Shensi and cover with enough troops + russians to avoid 2 sb attack.
    Other consideration is leaving an inf in Yunnan so that J cannot simply blitz to take. However, if he does that then C2 will be a cheap recapture, because of that I would suggest just vacating Yunnan…it’s worth more to us than him.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

are you expecting UK inputs by Sunday 2PM? Or just comments on US+Chi?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m